Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have redress, ulster bank

• 14-08-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I've had a horrible time today with these "****s" in their Scottish centre.
    My mortgage was due wed. 48 hours ago. The DD didn't go through, waiting cheque clearance, so they phoned this morning demanding an immediate payment or my account would go into official arrears.
    The guys attitude was disgusting to say the least. He was aggressive, rude, offensive. He was screaming down the phone that the exact amount had to be paid by 6pm today or my account (clean to date, 14 years) would be blacklisted with immediate effect.
    I am so mad. I am so upset.
    This guy sounded like a bailiff or a debt collector. He was not a customer service agent. Absolutely no way. I got a very strong sense of that.
    As I understood it, a DD is presented again within 10 days. He argued with me that UB don't do this. But they do, it's happened twice with us a few years ago. I also understood that arrears was when there was a default on payment of 30 days. He said default kicks in the second a DD is not honoured.
    Is this correct on both questions. It seems iffy or wrong to me? Am having probs finding out.
    Also, I want to complain about this asshole. Both his attitude and the manner in which he went about his work. Where do I take my complaint?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

He's most likely not a Customer Service Agent, but someone working in their Collections/Arrears department. They're trained to be more "forceful", but it doesn't mean rudeness is acceptable.

Did you ask to speak to his supervisor or team leader?

Ulster Bank's complaint procedures are outlined here: http://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/help-and-support/how-to-make-a-complaint.html

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thank you. I did ask but he wouldn't put me through. I rang a while later and asked again but was told no one was available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

Thank you. I did ask but he wouldn't put me through. I rang a while later and asked again but was told no one was available.

they all say that. The trick is to tell them you will hold until somebody is available. Their internal SLAs mean that they cant leave you on hold for to long as they have targets on how long the calls can take (so they do X number a day). Eventually somebody will come on as supervisor. Make sure you as them to confirm they are a supervisor/teamleader/superior (as the call is usually recorded)...that way they cant get a colleague to pretend they are teamleader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I've had a horrible time today with these "****s" in their Scottish centre.
    My mortgage was due wed. 48 hours ago. The DD didn't go through, waiting cheque clearance, so they phoned this morning demanding an immediate payment or my account would go into official arrears.
    The guys attitude was disgusting to say the least. He was aggressive, rude, offensive. He was screaming down the phone that the exact amount had to be paid by 6pm today or my account (clean to date, 14 years) would be blacklisted with immediate effect.
    I am so mad. I am so upset.
    This guy sounded like a bailiff or a debt collector. He was not a customer service agent. Absolutely no way. I got a very strong sense of that.
    As I understood it, a DD is presented again within 10 days. He argued with me that UB don't do this. But they do, it's happened twice with us a few years ago. I also understood that arrears was when there was a default on payment of 30 days. He said default kicks in the second a DD is not honoured.
    Is this correct on both questions. It seems iffy or wrong to me? Am having probs finding out.
    Also, I want to complain about this asshole. Both his attitude and the manner in which he went about his work. Where do I take my complaint?

Not that I don't believe what you saying but considering all the calls are recorded I find it hard to believe he had an over aggressive attitude and screamed. The Scottish centre handles all the mortgage related stuff. I've had calls from them and have said "I'll pay when I have it" and was just reminded that the texts and calls will continue till I sort it, I just said ok. Was not meet with that kind of hostility. As soon as you miss a payment its in arrears but it takes a few missed payments and zero contact from you before its escalated into any sort of permanent record.

You should make a complaint. Call you branch and explain what happened. Ensure you try talk to the SQA(Service Quality Advisor) and demand a call back with the complaint reference number. That way you will know its been logged and transferred to Scotland for investigation. I would doubt you'd get anything more than a apology in fairness but that sort of attitude is not tolerated. They will listen to the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thanks both. Just to clarify, he did shout and scream down the phone. My 10 year old heard him (wasn't on speaker) and was upset by it all. I'm still very annoyed by the way it was handled and the disgusting attitude of this individual.
    Thanks unclebill for the complaints tips. I will pursue it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement