Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php mali() cant send HTML emails (PHP 5.5.27)

Options
  • 14-08-2015 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I have two php mail() functions on my page. One is sending raw text email to me and it is working fine. Second one is sending nice HTML email to visitors and it stopped working after hosting upgrade to php5.5.27!!

My header for HTML email:
    $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0" . "\n";
    $headers .= "Content-type:text/html;charset=iso-8859-1" . "\n";
    $headers .= 'From: my company <info@my_address.ie>'."\n".
    'Reply-To: my company <info@my_adderess.ie>'."\n".
    'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

If I turn it into sending raw text it works fine. If I turn it back into HTML (text/html;charset=iso-8859-1) it is not working. I got lame advice to use -f parameter in mail() which seems to be Sendmail parameter and I am not using Sendmail. Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Please contact our support team directly with details including domain name(s) etc and they may be able to advise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Have you introduced any new anti-pishing policy recently? After all week of trying to make my forms working I suspect they are halted somewhere between my Sendmail and external world (I checked - it is not blackisted).
    And I already asked support, they advised to use -f parameter which didn't help.

Could it be caused by Spam Expert you use to send website emails??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

zom wrote: »
    Have you introduced any new anti-pishing policy recently? After all week of trying to make my forms working I suspect they are halted somewhere between my Sendmail and external world (I checked - it is not blackisted).
    And I already asked support, they advised to use -f parameter which didn't help.

Could it be caused by Spam Expert you use to send website emails??
    It's possible as we do filter the outbound emails, but it isn't blocking emails for everyone. Have you got a ticket open with our support team about this?

Advertisement