Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up a subject in a year?

• 14-08-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm going repeating my Leaving Cert this September.

I have 5 subjects that I'm going to continue to study (Irish, Biology, Home Economics and Ag. Science). I want to drop English and take up a new subject. I used to love English and was hoping for a B3 at least but ended up with a D2. I got a B in the Junior Cert. I'm also dropping maths as I did OL and only required a pass. I dropped to OL Spanish 2 weeks before the LC as I was not counting it and got a B2.

I was thinking about taking up construction or business. I never did construction as a subject before. My brother teaches the subject though and he thinks it would he crazy to do the subject in a year. I did business studies up until the Junior Cert and dropped it after that and got a C.

Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why not improve your Spanish and count it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If your brother is a construction teacher and advising against it, why would you even consider taking it up? It's not just about doing a project, there is a 6 hour day practical. The students you are up against have had five years to gain their construction skills. It just seems like madness.

I'd echo what spurious said, if you did HL Spanish until just before the LC wouldn't it be easier to improve that rather than take up construction from scratch. Then if you do take up Business as your 6th subject you are only taking up one new subject.

Advertisement