Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish arch/claddagh

Options
  • 14-08-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone know what's going on at Spanish arch and claddagh.there's a stage being set up and claddagh is closed off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Galway international oyster festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭ratracer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

More likely the Galway Pride Festival - I don't think they have the Oyster Festival until September.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It is an interpretative dance display celebrating the continuing contribution of swans to the Corrib estuary

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Albert the Luminous

ratracer wrote: »
    Something to do with the launch of a whiskey trail, or glorified pub crawl I think. Launch is being done by macnas

it was this.
    worst firework display ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

it was this.
    worst firework display ever.

Sounded like three 'caps' going off from about 500 yards away where i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It was for a 'Whiskey Trail' promotion, performed by Macnas.
    It wasn't a 'fireworks display', rather flares & fireworks going off at the end of a theatrical piece (with a band). Earlier there was a mini-parade with drummers and characters who went in and out of a few pubs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I happened upon it. The Macnas guys did a great job as usual.
    Tbh, I thought it was part of the pride festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Albert the Luminous

inisboffin wrote: »
    It was for a 'Whiskey Trail' promotion, performed by Macnas.
    It wasn't a 'fireworks display', rather flares & fireworks going off at the end of a theatrical piece (with a band). Earlier there was a mini-parade with drummers and characters who went in and out of a few pubs too.

might have to have Macnas under the Consumer Protection Act, vicariously liable for their staff; we were told there'd be a firework "display"! :)

Sounded like three 'caps' going off from about 500 yards away where i was.

didnt even have time to get the fone out of pocket and twas all over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

might have to have Macnas under the Consumer Protection Act, vicariously liable for their staff; we were told there'd be a firework "display"! :)

didnt even have time to get the fone out of pocket and twas all over

LOL! Fair enough :)
    In fairness they may have condensed the explanation down to 'fireworks display' - I did hear a few of the long version descriptions though, but shorter is better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement