Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'd say the rayo manager must of been tearing his hair out. 2-1 up after 15 mins then down to 9 men 15 mins later

Hahaha Paco Jemez definitely isn't doing any hair tearing, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'd say the rayo manager must of been tearing his hair out. 2-1 up after 15 mins then down to 9 men 15 mins later

Very hard to win at the Bernabeu against 12 men .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Which decision exactly do you have a problem with?

If that challenge was made on Messi, would you be happy that the player received just a yellow?

The second yellow for Baena was over the top but it was a foul so a penalty was the right call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Real on Sky now, dont think Rafa has long left here.

And Madrid get a peno...........

Same happened at other end and no peno............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Penaldo has missed a penalty, to be fair twas fairly soft.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lets try that again so

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Second soft penalty, Spanish league is tough enough to watch at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Convinced La Liga is fixed. 2 extremely soft penalties for Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

What a joke. Referees bought and paid for.

• Advertisement

It´s the same every week, Real and Barca get all the decisions, people think the big 4 in england get all the decisions, they should watch La Liga, its on another planet.

Only seeing the incident for the first penalty now. Whatever about the second penalty, there is literally nothing in that.

Us Barcelona fans can only dream of getting decisions like that on the incredibly consistent basis that Real Madrid do. This whole "conspiracy" thing isn't even so much a conspiracy as it is the worst kept secret in Spanish football.

Us Barcelona fans can only dream of getting decisions like that on the incredibly consistent basis that Real Madrid do. This whole "conspiracy" thing isn't even so much a conspiracy as it is the worst kept secret in Spanish football.

Ah come of it, Barca get just as much favourable decisions as Real. No doubt tonight we will see some when they take on Betis.

Ah come of it, Barca get just as much favourable decisions as Real. No doubt tonight we will see some when they take on Betis.

You must be kidding me. Did you see the stats last season for penalties given? Even punishments for players is very different. I think that, for an Irish person it is difficult to comprehend how a league as massive and global as La Liga could be biased towards one club but when you take into account the history of the country, the nature of the country and what Real Madrid represent and what Barcelona represents it begins to make a lot more sense.

Sociedad equalise, lovely finish

golazo!!!!

Even with the help of 2 penalties, Real Madrid find themselves level, Madrid all at sea at the back.

You must be kidding me. Did you see the stats last season for penalties given? Even punishments for players is very different. I think that, for an Irish person it is difficult to comprehend how a league as massive and global as La Liga could be biased towards one club but when you take into account the history of the country, the nature of the country and what Real Madrid represent and what Barcelona represents it begins to make a lot more sense.

I think maybe before when Franco was dictator, yes, they got nearly all the decisions but I would say they are fairly equal now. And I'd say I would have a fairly good idea, I live here and I speak the language plus I live in Andalucía and all my friends would prefer Barca over Madrid, the majority of the people here show no animosity to catalunya and say whats the point of keeping them if they want to leave(in terms of their hunt for independence)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Awful challenge by Pepe a few minutes ago, penalty not given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The stats for last season? Where ye won the treble, and thus weren't cost a League title as a result of Real Madrid favourtism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

How Pepe has managed to play for Real Madrid for many years is beyond me. Extremely overrated player.

How Pepe has managed to play for Real Madrid for many years is beyond me. Extremely overrated player.

Generally with Ramos bailing him out haha

Great goal out of nowhere from Ronaldo

Balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Predictably myopic managerial appointment by Perez, hope madrid and barca break away and form their own league.

God I hate that 'celebration', almost prefer Bale's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I think maybe before when Franco was dictator, yes, they got nearly all the decisions but I would say they are fairly equal now. And I'd say I would have a fairly good idea, I live here and I speak the language plus I live in Andalucía and all my friends would prefer Barca over Madrid, the majority of the people here show no animosity to catalunya and say whats the point of keeping them if they want to leave(in terms of their hunt for independence)

Unless you are pep guardiola you can't possibly have the level of knowledge of AIG. I'm embarrassed you could even suggest such a thing on here!

/sarcasm

Nice 3rd for Real there.

Load of balls Sevilla aint on tv today.

Atletico and Eibar the 2 games on Sky.

lassykk wrote: »
    Unless you are pep guardiola you can't possibly have the level of knowledge of AIG. I'm embarrassed you could even suggest such a thing on here!

/sarcasm

Hahahahahahaaha that's so clever, so witty. Do you do any stand up? Can I purchase one of your DVD's? Your agent must never get off the phone because you're so darn funny you must be in constant demand, those TV panel shows must be lining up to get you.

So now that we've got you here on the La Liga thread and you've given up some of your precious time, any thoughts on the Spanish league game going on right now?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nice 3rd for Real there.

Load of balls Sevilla aint on tv today.

Atletico and Eibar the 2 games on Sky.

You Sevillista Dreamers?

You Sevillista Dreamers?

yup

Certainly under Franco things were a lot more blatant with puppet Presidents being put in place to run the club (some didn't even like football) but evidence of favouritism towards Real Madrid above all other clubs does continue to crop up.
    While the common people outside of Madrid may want Catalonian independence (though I think to determine that you'd need polling information with a good sample size) it's clear that the establishment in Madrid do not. When you have a President in Villar who is a confessed Real Madrid fan and openly threatens Barcelona with expulsion from the league then it's tough to maintain the illusion of fairness.

I loves me a good conspiracy.

Madrid are shyte, hope they get whooped in the champs league, in the most ironic way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Outside of all the conspiracy theories and bizarre magnification of every single decision given to Real, Rafa just hasn't done enough in his months there to stem the intitial tide against him. I'm surprised in a way because he's quite a clever tactician but still the balance isn't there, as hard as it is to get it right at Real with players signed and handed down to the manager to slot in somewhere, James being a prime example of this. Barring any blips or injuries, Barca should win the league because of their impressive form for putting together consecutive results whereas you can always see Real winning 3 and then losing 1 etc.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    I loves me a good conspiracy.

Madrid are shyte, hope they get whooped in the champs league, in the most ironic way possible.

Well this is one you can bite your teeth into. It's got good guys and bad guys, history and tradition, two different cultures and some machavellian tactics.

They get through games based on individual quality. I mean you look at James, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Madrid, Kroos, Marcelo and Ramos individually and you have excellent footballers, each one is an excellent player. The problem is that they play like individuals. Even today, the space La Real had in midfield to knock the ball around, the ease with which they were able to play passes into the feet of attackers in the Real Madrid penalty area, the amount of times they managed to break the Real Madrid offside trap as a consequence of Madrid having no pressure on the ball was crazy. Real Madrid will win games because they have excellent individuals, but almost always it is teams that win trophies and I don't fancy them to have enough individual quality to overcome their glaring weaknesses.

• Advertisement

By the way, this game between Rayo Vallecano and Atletico Madrid should be great entertainment. It's a Madrid derby and it's two sides that are the products of two of the more interesting coaches in modern football.

Crazy stuff opening 20 minutes with Rayo going 3 at the back and matching up 1 vs 1 against Torres, Griezmann and Carrasco. Atletico just starting to open them up now, especially through Carrasco down their left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fascinating stuff.

For Rayo to trust that they can go man for man with those 3 is either brilliant or completely crazy.

The manager has balls though; I'll give him that.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Fascinating stuff.

For Rayo to trust that they can go man for man with those 3 is either brilliant or completely crazy.

So far and it's gone reasonably well, Carrasco has caused the most problems but that threat has eased the last 10 minutes or so. Rayo's press stopping Atletico getting controlled possession, causing them to play a lot more long, percentage balls than they would normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

SlickRic wrote: »

He seems to be a bit of a madman though as he thought he could go 3 at the back against Messi ,Neymar and Suarez too at the Nou Camp earlier in the season.
    Needless to say it didn't work out very well.

Still its refreshing to watch teams having a go and not sit back and get everyone behind the ball like so many teams in the EPL.

I think Barca vs Betis later could be a humdinger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hahahahahahaaha that's so clever, so witty. Do you do any stand up? Can I purchase one of your DVD's? Your agent must never get off the phone because you're so darn funny you must be in constant demand, those TV panel shows must be lining up to get you.

So now that we've got you here on the La Liga thread and you've given up some of your precious time, any thoughts on the Spanish league game going on right now?

I only commented to purely to highlight the condescension your post reek of. Of course someone Irish couldn't possibly comprehend how the the big bad Spanish league works. It was the same ****e in the Guardiola thread. From memory when I met you in person you are Irish so it must be your superior intellect that sets you apart on this.

I don't have much if anything to add regarding La Liga. I read most of the general league threads on here as I don't specifically support any team in any league very much and there are some excellent posters and I enjoy reading their insights.

When you aren't posting about Barcelona/Guardiola/Madrid your posts are actually interesting and I don't doubt you have a great knowledge of football. You do however think that everything you say should be taken as gospel and anyone who disagrees with you had literally no idea what they are talking about!

An essay incoming.

Atletico finally break the deadlock, that's tough on Rayo.

Jaysis 2 in 2.

It's Atletico, scoring a goal in the most typical Atletico fashion imaginable (probably aside from Godin heading in a corner kick). Thomas does brilliant on the edge of Rayo's box, he feeds in Correa and the Argentine does not make a mistake. It's another late goal that saved Atletico, in a game of few chances and in which Rayo have looked rather comfortable, Atletico have worn down their opponents to claim the 3 points.

2-0, stunning lob by Griezmann following a quality through pass by Martinez. You have to credit Atletico, these late goals are no coincidence, they are the result of the hard work the squad puts in at the demand of Simeone.

Please let atletico win la liga.

I'd say I can't believe what I've seen because that was never a 2-0 game but that's Atletico and that's what they do.

Atletico were persistent if nothing else, you have to give them that.

lassykk wrote: »
    I only commented to purely to highlight the condescension your post reek of. Of course someone Irish couldn't possibly comprehend how the the big bad Spanish league works. It was the same ****e in the Guardiola thread. From memory when I met you in person you are Irish so it must be your superior intellect that sets you apart on this.

I don't have much if anything to add regarding La Liga. I read most of the general league threads on here as I don't specifically support any team in any league very much and there are some excellent posters and I enjoy reading their insights.

When you aren't posting about Barcelona/Guardiola/Madrid your posts are actually interesting and I don't doubt you have a great knowledge of football. You do however think that everything you say should be taken as gospel and anyone who disagrees with you had literally no idea what they are talking about!

I won't comment on that thread in particular. I am but I make an effort to understand the backdrop which the league takes place against, afterall it's ridiculous to look at it in isolation.

In my opinion you've just popped into the thread to comment on me. It's frustrating as, actually there is some good La Liga games on today and the potential for decent discussion about subjects outside of andersonisgod.

I don't think either of those posts are particularly condescending at all, I believe you've mistaken how I communicate as being condescending. It isn't.

By the way, add Real Sociedad President Jokin Aperribay to the list of people who think there is something suspicious about the treatment Real Madrid receive. Here's an article, pasted from and accredited to AS English

Referee González González included the incident in his match report saying that Aperribay had waited for them at their changing room door and said: “This is shameful, you’ve come here to rob the game from us. I’m going to file a complaint with the police”.

The Real Sociedad president later complained about the referee when he was interviewed on Movistar+: “It’s a shame when you come to the Bernabéu keen to play a decent match and they give two non-existent penalties against you. Neither the first nor the second were penalties. And the referee gives them without seeing anything”.

dfgh1.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement