Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Valencias defending was the worst Ive seen in years, they had a I dont give a **** attitude, Id drop them all, like I know playing 10 against Barcelona is hard but the crap mentality was scandalous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm in the hospital and things like WiFi and 4g simply aren't available so didn't get to see the game tonight bit that result has put a smile on my face.

Were you doing your medical for Barcelona ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm in the hospital and things like WiFi and 4g simply aren't available so didn't get to see the game tonight bit that result has put a smile on my face.

Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Were you doing your medical for Barcelona ?

Haha no I have a broken ankle, though I suspect I'd still probably be in with a shot of starting in the Valencia defence considering what everyone is saying about them.

Haha no I have a broken ankle, though I suspect I'd still probably be in with a shot of starting in the Valencia defence considering what everyone is saying about them.

You could very well be their star never mind in with a shot

Here we go then, an unusual Sunday morning kick off as Levante face Barcelona. Rossi starts for Levante having scored against Sevilla, Barcelona with only one surprise as Sergi Roberto starts on his 24th birthday in place of of Sergio Busquets. The front 3 all start so for that reason alone you should be watching.

Barcelona denied what would have been one of the finest passing move goals you are ever likely to see by an incorrect linesman decision. Shame.

1-0! Barcelona work the ball down the left side, Iniesta slipping in Alba on the overlap whose driven cross is deflected in off Navarro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kind of against the run of play almost, but kind of inevitable too. Levante frustrated though.

Close by Suarez!

Levante have done very well here, making it very tough for Barcelona while being a real threat themselves. Alves has entered the worst 45 minutes he's played in quite some time which has not helped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

very reminiscent of the Valencia away game.

You wouldn't see the struggling bottom sides put up this sort of challenge in other less competitive leagues..

That's that. 2-0, Suarez right at the end gets the 2nd goal for Barcelona after some clever work from.Messi. one of the toughest games Barcelona have had all season, it wasn't inspired stuff from the Catalan club, Levante did very well throughout but it's a big 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barca badly need some time off. Looked lethargic at times. Enrique has now equalled Pep's unbeaten run record.

This was Enrique's hundredth game as head coach of Barcelona. He's won 80 of those and lost only 9. He's won 5 trophies. It's been a quite incredible tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just watched the first half of Betis v Valencia. Musonda looks to be decent and Ceballos is spending most of his time on the floor as usual. If wolfswinkel could finish they'd be up one nil. Ndiaye once again is showing why he is for Betis their best player and the referee has been woeful for both teams. That's my take on it from my biased Real Betis viewpoint haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Real Betis 1-0 Valencia

Castro (49)

EDIT: Valencia's Gaya Pena sent off (85)

FT 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I really can't see Neville lasting much longer.

He probably should tender his resignation tonight tbh.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Granada equalise against Madrid after Modric runs into the ref :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Big goal by Modric but Granada had a goal disallowed too

• Advertisement

Atta boy Gary :D

astonaidan wrote: »
    Atta boy Gary :D

I saw 15 minutes which included Valencia looking as clueless as ever and Espanyol smashing the ball off a grounded Diego Alves from like 2 yards out. Valencia lucky that Espanyol are awful.

I saw 15 minutes which included Valencia looking as clueless as ever and Espanyol smashing the ball off a grounded Diego Alves from like 2 yards out. Valencia lucky that Espanyol are awful.

Multiply it by say 6 and that was pretty much the game. Still wooo Gary

When you look at that Barcelona press you just know they are gonna eat Arsenal alive.

Phhhhh what a goal! An incredible freekick, surreal, sublime, superb, it's the superior Lionel Messi! The greatest ever strikes. 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It might seem a bit silly when Messi just slotted one, but why does Suarez never take free kicks for Barca? As ar as I remember he was towards the top of the fk scoring charts while at Liverpool.

Whatever about Messi taking them, especially from the left, I'd imagine he's a better option than Neymar.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    It might seem a bit silly when Messi just slotted one, but why does Suarez never take free kicks for Barca? As ar as I remember he was towards the top of the fk scoring charts while at Liverpool.

Whatever about Messi taking them, especially from the left, I'd imagine he's a better option than Neymar.

Neymar is a genuinely fantastic freekick taker, he deserves his spot. Rakitic (though not playing tonight) is another great option on freekicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's utter genius from Messi and Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

suarezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! boom great volley from messis perfect dinked ball:D
    hala barca:D

Magic! The kind of magic that had it occurred at few centuries ago the perpetrators would be burned at the stake for witchcraft. It's Messi magic. His control, his awareness are not of this world, his scoop pass is of the supernatural. And Suarez does fantastic to finish it.

In one of the toughest home games Barcelona have had all season, it's Messi the difference.

It's actually the press that's been the difference. They're winning the ball higher up the field more often, and Celta just can't take it.

• Advertisement

Messi isn't human. Destroys 4 defenders, including one at least twice.

Neymar then takes it round the keeper to give Suarez a tap in.

It's utterly ludicrous having the 3 of them in the same team.

Most clubs and lucky if they can find 1 genius in a decade, Barcelona have 3 at the same time, at their peak. 3-1.

Someone find me a gif of that Neymar trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Messi is a joke. Greatest footballer of all time is already sewn up. I think we're looking at the greatest athlete in the history of sport, period.

They did the Pirés/Henry penalty thing, but it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

messi destroys the poor defender to win a definite peno.. wow what a crazy cool peno! messi loves suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ha!

This is something else... its just simple (they make it look simple)... and brilliant

The thesaurus runs out of superlatives rather quickly trying to describe Barca and their front three.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Brilliant there for that penalty. Would have been easier to let Suarez take it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This is fully mental.

Celta have been great and Barca seem to have taken umbrage to that.

I'm practically in tears, my lord you are watching something special, drink it in, it's the greatest player ever, the greatest forward line ever, the greatest team ever at the best damn club in the world. Forget all others, this team can win everything again. There is only Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

A sick sick joke :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Messi is a joke. Greatest footballer of all time is already sewn up. I think we're looking at the greatest athlete in the history of sport, period.
    Let us know when you've safely come back down to earth.

Honestly, these last 20 minutes have been the greatest exhibition of attacking football from a front line I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is s level of football that makes you feel like you are dreaming. I'm just in awe watching it unfold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This is sublime football

If Barca don't win all of the trophies they play in it will be an underachievement, the squad is miles above everyone else

Barcelona is love. Barcelona is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And just like a sweet dream the guy that really deserves a goal gets one.

Honestly, the best 25 minutes of football you'll ever watch.

If you missed it, find it.

It is utterly sick. Just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

Oh my god, what a goal by Neymar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

God help Arsenal ,they are going to get an absolute hiding from this Barcelona side .

Advertisement