Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Blatter wrote: »
    Concerning from a Barca pov at how they gassed in the last 15 mins. Small squad playing so many games this season catching up with them?

Great management by Zidane with the way he used Jese to go for the kill when Barca were there for the taking.

Neymar, Messi and Suarez had a lot of travel back from South America so that may have played its part but fully deserved win for real regardless. Barca just not at the game at all and real played very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yes! Yes! Goal! How sweet it is! Pique, who the Madrid press have hounded all season, buries the header. Ithe could not be any sweeter. 1-0

Hello?

AIG has gone very quiet since this post.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

MSN pretty anonymous, fair result Real the better team in second half. Joke Bale goal getting ruled out, but not surprised seeing how often Barcelona get frees for nothing

Everything seems nice and calm in La Liga thread, besides the distant basement sobbing, guess that means Barca lost :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why all the hate for barca. Madrid have some horrible players.

Pepe and Ramos are twats but I think you'd be hard pushed to find a more annoying quartet of players than Alves, Alba, Busquets and Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bizarre resting Messi in an El Classico

Enrique out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utterly deserved.

The game encapsulated the weakness that exists at Barca against better teams, if you don't have that front 3 running rampant.

Ramos should've been sent off earlier, yes.
    But Bale should've had a goal if it wasn't for a phantom foul.
    And Real, generally, were far more incisive in that 2nd half. It was far too easy for them to get at Barca's backline. They were full credit for the win.

Casmeiro was outstanding, and showed what Real missed in the reverse fixture earlier in the season. Bale was disciplined, but also productive. He's making differences that big players make now. He should've had the winner, but them still got the assist for the crucial goal. He's gone up a level recently IMO.

But even in defeat, Busquets was the standout player. Just brilliant, and a genius in the middle. Never panics, always finds the right pass, and always looks like he's walking through the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

astonaidan wrote: »
    MSN pretty anonymous, fair result Real the better team in second half. Joke Bale goal getting ruled out, but not surprised seeing how often Barcelona get frees for nothing

In fairness Ramos should have gone in the first half and earlier in the second.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Pepe and Ramos are twats but I think you'd be hard pushed to find a more annoying quartet of players than Alves, Alba, Busquets and Suarez.

What about the whole way the club is run sacking manager after manager without giving them a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Suarez too though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Blatter wrote: »
    Concerning from a Barca pov at how they gassed in the last 15 mins. Small squad playing so many games this season catching up with them?

Great management by Zidane with the way he used Jese to go for the kill when Barca were there for the taking.

Pretty much every player has been rested at some point through injury or benched except perhaps Suarez.

Two very tough games at Villarreal and Madrid resulting in only two points lost on Atletico. Still a comfortable lead at the top with head-to-head on both sides. Big game is the CL quarter final.

In the same way Suarez should have gone. Barca tbh have got massive decisions go their way for years, just think back to Chelsea game

In the same way Suarez should have gone. Barca tbh have got massive decisions go their way for years, just think back to Chelsea game

If they were being compared to a normal club i would agree but its Madrid we are talking about here.

If they were being compared to a normal club i would agree but its Madrid we are talking about here.

Eh ok then, so its cool that Suarez didnt get sent of and Bale had his goal disallowed for nothing because its Madrid, Im not sure I understand your logic at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Would be a nice way for Ronaldo to say bye to the classico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hello?

AIG has gone very quiet since this post.:D

I can only assume that his telly broke or his internet is down because there is no other reason why he would be avoiding a thread in the immediate aftermath of his beloved club been beaten at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I can only assume that his telly broke or his internet is down because there is no other reason why he would be avoiding a thread in the immediate aftermath of his beloved club been beaten at home

Catching up with chelsea on motd.

Eh ok then, so its cool that Suarez didnt get sent of and Bale had his goal disallowed for nothing because its Madrid, Im not sure I understand your logic at all

I am talking about the love in here for Madrid and Ronaldo and the hate for Barca. Barca are a wonderful team to watch and should be appreciated.

I am talking about the love in here for Madrid and Ronaldo and the hate for Barca. Barca are a wonderful team to watch and should be appreciated.

The love in is generally the other way around to be fair. Of course those who dislike Barca will be louder tonight.

• Advertisement

Have you actually never been here for a Barcelona victory, think its all been quiet civilized tbh. What do you expect when Real win, for the fans not to say anything at all :confused:

Have you actually never been here for a Barcelona victory, think its all been quiet civilized tbh. What do you expect when Real win, for the fans not to say anything at all :confused:

What fans, there are no madrid fans in here that i know of.

What fans, there are no madrid fans in here that i know of.

Honestly their is as much real Real Madrid fans as Barca, I would always consider myself a Madrid fan it may be from a distance but I cheer them on when I watch them, can you actually say that people only support Barca cause that is pure bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

A goal from the gods from Benzema. Real Madrid once again provide us with the gift of the beautiful game, only Real Madrid can play like this.
    Yes! Yes! Goal! How sweet it is! Ronaldo, who the Barcelona press have hounded all season, buries the shot. Ithe could not be any sweeter. 1-2

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CSF wrote: »
    The love in is generally the other way around to be fair. Of course those who dislike Barca will be louder tonight.

there are more resident Barcelona fans sure and perhaps one in particular, but there is absolutely no love in for Barcelona amongst the forum generally - really you only need look at any high profile Barcelona matchthread or any Xavi/Guardiola threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Barcelona have been the best team in the world for many years, and a lot of people like to see the best beaten. It's the same with every sport.

Complement really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Madrid deserved to win, when they play a DM it makes such a difference. Anyways on a side note felipe luis was incredible yesterday for atletico why o why did chelsea sell him? Could do with him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just saw the disallowed goal, big dive from Alba, terrible decision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just a few things.

1. I do have something that resembles a social life and, sometimes, this involves meeting and "hanging out" with friends in pubs and/or clubs. As it currently stands I'm a poster, albeit a bloody good one, on a football forum. I am not obliged to comment on everything. If someone wants to pay me to hear my views then sure, I'll take that job, but right now that's not the case. So could we please get less "where's AIG" and those AIG impersonation posts are cringe and are like the least original troupe on this forum so ye, good job.

2. On the actual game; first 60 minutes pretty good but the team just lost control. Say what you want about Madrid they are always a dangerous counter attacking side and concentration from the Barça players seemed off. I do think the game came at the wrong time, the team were in fantastic form before the international break killed that momentum.

3. I lol'ed pretty hard at the bit in the thread where someone brought up the Gerd Muller comparison and was attempting to rubbish that because Ronaldo doesn't only score goals. This was after Ronaldo's only real contribution to the game; a goal. Somebody didn't quite understand that argument.

4. Sure it's a disappointing result but come the end of the season we'll see who the true champions are. I might have to look at this thread and see all those who gloated about the result last night and see how many are here to give Barcelona due credit.

5. Last night did indicate that a top class center back and another option at left back are needed. I fully expect the club to sign both in the summer.

dfx- wrote: »
    there are more resident Barcelona fans sure and perhaps one in particular, but there is absolutely no love in for Barcelona amongst the forum generally - really you only need look at any high profile Barcelona matchthread or any Xavi/Guardiola threads.

I think Barcelona are the Spanish team of choice for most people who wouldn't really pay much attention to Spanish football from August to March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

LOL yeah, I think we're all buying the story that you of all people conveniently decided to go to a club somewhere between the 56th and 62nd minute of El Clasico.

Sure last weekend I was in the middle of a handjob from Kate Upton when I asked her to stop so I could go see a play.

• Advertisement

Will never cease to lol at Andersonisgod taking every possible opportunity to talk about what a great poster he is.

The argument that Ronaldo's goal was his only contribution to the game is equally bizarre. Some people just are that biased.

LOL yeah, I think we're all buying the story that you of all people conveniently decided to go to a club somewhere between the 56th and 62nd minute of El Clasico.

Sure last weekend I was in the middle of a handjob from Kate Upton when I asked her to stop so I could go see a play.

Actually I left immediately after the match. I like to look nice so I had to style my hair, put on aftershave ect. before the taxi that I booked arrived. In a later comment I will give you a detailed rundown of the events which transpired over the course of my night out.

Nice, I have no reason to doubt the validity of that story. I admire your hardcore dedication to the theatre, it needs all the support it can get.

CSF wrote: »
    Will never cease to lol at Andersonisgod taking every possible opportunity to talk about what a great poster he is.

The argument that Ronaldo's goal was his only contribution to the game is equally bizarre. Some people just are that biased.

Well if you criticise me will I not defend myself?

Or other posters want to see something that isn't there. Before his goal go back and read this thread and count how many mentions Ronaldo got in regards this match. If anything Bale was the greater threat down the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I'd question whether he was even watching the game if he thinks Ronaldo's only contribution was the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I see this Barcelona superthread is sour as ever to any poster deviating from praising the Catalan gods. Barca were pretty average yesterday and really didn't deserve anything.

You can argue it was due to the club being full of South Americans who were tired but zidane got his tactics spot on.

Also, since there's clearly such a large amount of barca fans on here why is there no actual barca thread? It has to be the least enjoyable read on boards for anyone who prefers a different la liga team.

Actually I left immediately after the match. I like to look nice so I had to style my hair, put on aftershave ect. before the taxi that I booked arrived. In a later comment I will give you a detailed rundown of the events which transpired over the course of my night out.

Nice, I have no reason to doubt the validity of that story. I admire your hardcore dedication to the theatre, it needs all the support it can get.

Nice one! I hope you managed to score.

Unlike Messi.

Toobz wrote: »
    I see this Barcelona superthread is sour as ever to any poster deviating from praising the basque gods. Barca were pretty average yesterday and really didn't deserve anything.

You can argue it was due to the club being full of South Americans who were tired but zidane got his tactics spot on.

Also, since there's clearly such a large amount of barca fans on here why is there no actual barca thread? It has to be the least enjoyable read on boards for anyone who prefers a different la liga team.

Catalan. Bilbao, Eibar and Sociedad are the Basque teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Catalan. Bilbao, Eibar and Sociedad are the Basque teams.

My apologies. Fixed now.

Nice one! I hope you managed to score.

Unlike Messi.

With that impressive burn and your ability to seduce Kate Upton I know that you're not a guy to be messed with. I won't stand on your toes.

With that impressive burn and your ability to seduce Kate Upton I know that you're not a guy to be messed with. I won't stand on your toes.

Genuine apologies, I'm not trying to get in an argument with you. I actually love how so many people have a problem with you/your posts.

• Advertisement

Genuine apologies, I'm not trying to get in an argument with you. I actually love how so many people have a problem with you/your posts.

Personally I enjoyed your comments the most on this thread, the Kate Upton one gave me a genuine laugh so no apologies needed.

Well if you criticise me will I not defend myself?

Or other posters want to see something that isn't there. Before his goal go back and read this thread and count how many mentions Ronaldo got in regards this match. If anything Bale was the greater threat down the left.

Well I didn't actually criticise you at that point, I just made light of the Muller references.

Ronaldo worked his ass off and was constantly praised as such by the commentators. I did think Bale was the key man late on myself as he seemed to come into his own in the closing stages of the game, but that takes nothing away from Ronaldo, who together with Casemiro formed the basis of a huge away win (with only ten men at the time they made the breakthrough) at a team who hadn't been beaten in some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sunday is traditionally a day of rest.

dfx- wrote: »

Id agree, its more a quantity of posts that creates the illusion, as one poster said, for most people its generally the whole best team in world losing, its a compliment. United used to get it when they were on top all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Real were excellent in the second half yesterday. The quietest you're ever likely to see the front three of Barca as well. Ramos as usual having his braindead moment, ridiculous of him and Ronaldo saved him a lot of criticism definitely. Casemiro was excellent and good coaching from Zidane to bring him back in.

Barca will still win the league at a canter I would imagine, Real will still find some way to mess up the momentum of this win but it was refreshing to see Real having the tactics spot on against Barca without trying to shoehorn in 'board' players like James and unbalancing the team.

It's a compliment to Ronaldo when he's compared to Muller, Muller's goal ratio is actually better and he's a more decorated player, odd comparison to try and deride a player's ability, Muller is a legend.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    It's a compliment to Ronaldo when he's compared to Muller, Muller's goal ratio is actually better and he's a more decorated player, odd comparison to try and deride a player's ability, Muller is a legend.

Keep up this kinda talk and the Golden Miller will be here for a 20 page argument within minutes.

Even he was complimentary of Ronaldo last night.

GreNoLi wrote: »

It's not an attempt to deride Ronaldo at all. It's, in my view, a fair comparison between 2 players who, as Ronaldo has become older, have become more and more similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

One of the worst Clasico's I've seen in years. The first half in particular was painful to watch. It was all a bit of an anticlimax.

The referee had a shocker, bottled a dozen different decisions.

In the end, Madrid deserved the win. In the second half they stepped up and earned the three points.

I don't think Barca care, they've their eyes set on other places and Madrid will probably lose in a few weeks time to Levante or the likes and the win will have been for nothing. Zidane did show that he has a clue about what he's doing, though.

Advertisement