Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No one talking about Alcacer hattrick at all, Im calling bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Bilbao are turning the screw now ,a goal could be coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Four goals and three assists for Suarez. Has to be one of the best individual performances of all time.

Four goals and three assists for Suarez. Has to be one of the best individual performances of all time.

Wouldnt go to crazy, any game can end up like that once it goes past 4 goals

I disagree , Atletico are a great team to watch.

Solid and organised counter punching team but very defensive,cynical and dont create many chances.

Whilst I admire their consistency ,they are not good to watch .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

astonaidan wrote: »
    Wouldnt go to crazy, any game can end up like that once it goes past 4 goals

Only player in this century to have a hand in 7 La Liga goals. You better believe this is special. Outrageous performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What a win for Atletico tonight. Barca may be he big goalscorer tonight but Atletico's may prove to be the most vital win of the night come the end of the season. Wins in Bilbao scarcely come easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Real 1 up! Last few weeks are going be really interesting! Hope they stay ahead tonight.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Only player in this century to have a hand in 7 La Liga goals. You better believe this is special. Outrageous performance.

Agree to disagree my friend, I just dont see it, great performance for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Solid and organised counter punching team but very defensive,cynical and dont create many chances.

Whilst I admire their consistency ,they are not good to watch .

That's exactly why I like watching them, they're a proper team.They look like a team that would die for each other on the field.Also they have a number of genuine top class players on the team aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Comprehensive performance from real here.

Lovely 3rd goal from modric.

Comprehensive performance from real here.

Lovely 3rd goal from modric.

Their home form has been very good all season.

Its away from home that they have struggled badly and they have 3 away matches left .
    Rayo,Sociedad and Deportivo.

Atletico have 3 home games in comparison ,Malaga,Rayo and Celta Vigo, and will likely win all their remaining matches so Barcelona will have to win all theirs too to pip them.

Their home form has been very good all season.

Its away from home that they have struggled badly and they have 3 away matches left .
    Rayo,Sociedad and Deportivo.

Atletico have 3 home games in comparison ,Malaga,Rayo and Celta Vigo, and will likely win all their remaining matches so Barcelona will have to win all theirs too to pip them.

Barca with 2 home and 2 away. All against teams in the second half of the table. They really should win all of them but the pressure is on now so can't afford any mistakes. I'm sure espanyol would love to spoil the title hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Always been kinda a fan of Betis since they signed Denilson :o plus they have a real nice kit

Yeah this seasons kit is especially nice. Adidas always do a good job. Denilson was amazing, joaquín when he burst on to the seen as well. I love their support as well, mourinho was amazed by the fans when he was Madrid manager. They also have the irish link, Patrick O Connell won the league with them before the civil war.

Barca with 2 home and 2 away. All against teams in the second half of the table. They really should win all of them but the pressure is on now so can't afford any mistakes. I'm sure espanyol would love to spoil the title hopes.

Espanyol would love to spoil the party allright.
    The away matches are Betis and Granada.
    Could Betis spring a surprise ?

One thing is for sure ,there will be lots of suitcases of cash being offered to teams to raise their game .

money_suitcase3.jpg

Yeah this seasons kit is especially nice. Adidas always do a good job. Denilson was amazing, joaquín when he burst on to the seen as well. I love their support as well, mourinho was amazed by the fans when he was Madrid manager. They also have the irish link, Patrick O Connell won the league with them before the civil war.

They also have Ceballos coming through who looks like will be a class player. I remember when Ricardo Oliveria was there, good times :D maybe Damaio will be the new washed up brazilian come good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

They also have Ceballos coming through who looks like will be a class player. I remember when Ricardo Oliveria was there, good times :D maybe Damaio will be the new washed up brazilian come good

I have a selfie with damiao!!! I was walking around the streets here one day and my friend spotted him having a coffee. Apparently petros was with him as well but i didnt recognise him haha. If I knew how to put uo photos here I would throw it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It was a late 2-2 home draw with Espanyol that cost them the league in 2007 and they were one of the few teams have kept Barcelona to nil before the last few weeks.

Betis though. That's a huge game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

No one talking about Alcacer hattrick at all, Im calling bias

I'm sure elefant is delighted. 3 wins in 3 lifts them up to 8th and 6 points behind Sevilla, against whom they started this late run of victories. Pako Ayestaran certainly has helped turn the tide in their favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Andre 3000 wrote: »

Well Jermaine Defore scored 5 in the second half against Wigan in 2009. That was special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

All just have 4 to play and all should be winnable for the 3 teams.

Barca have
    Gijon hone
    Betis away
    Espanyol home
    Granada away

Atetico
    Malaga home
    Rayo home
    Levante away
    Celta Vigo home

Mardid
    Rayo away
    Sociedad away
    Valencia home
    Depor asway

If any of them drop any points, you would assume they are not winning the league. Could be a fun last day.

Interesting video here showing how the different phases of the new Camp Nou will be developed.
    Its quite a nifty bit of engineering as the stadium will remain open for matches throughout construction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

New Camp Nou? Will it have ATM machines?

Call me old fashioned but I prefer these old stadia aesthetics to these modern enclosed roof ones. Kind of wish they left Camp Nou as it was.

Engineering wise that video is pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That'll be some stadium when its finished. The current one is showing its age for sure.

Anyone know what the new capacity is meant to be with all those extra seats?

Real collapsing in amazing fashion at Rayo.

Very hard team to get 2 goals past at home nevermind coming back from 2 goals down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Madrid 2-0 down after 15 minutes. That wasn't in the script!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

it's Rayo, it'll be 10-2 again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Jaysus lads, American soccer commentators are truly atrocious. It's like listening to a robot trying to pretend to be a human. So unnatural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Madrid 2-0 down after 15 minutes. That wasn't in the script!

Sure we are often told the big two only have to turn up to win matches in La Liga.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sure we are often told the big two only have to turn up to win matches in La Liga.

In fairness they will probably still win this, whereas if one of the big English teams go down 2 nil away to Stoke or West Brom it's usually game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

This on the telly?

This on the telly?

Not live anyway. Highlights after Barca game tonight I think.

This on the telly?

I believe UK channels have a blackout in place for La Liga 3pm kick offs.

I don't know why this is done...probably to draw as much attention to UK matches as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

IIRC, there's a broadcasting ban in the UK on ANY football being shown between 2.45pm and 5.15pm when there are league games on. I imagine it's to protect attendances.

As Sky are UK-based, they can't show ANY live football (even if it's not English) at that time. This crosses over into Ireland as there's no Sky Sports Ireland.

At least, I believe that's what the story is.

Real back to 2-2 now with 20 mins left. Have brought modric off the bench now to try get the winner.

• Advertisement

3-2 Real. Bale the black sheep with an awesome counter!

Edit* Terrible goalkeeping to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As the main man, Bale is more than capable.

SlickRic wrote: »
    As the main man, Bale is more than capable.

Real fans give him horrible stick. Would love him at United over Ronnie if given the chance.

Real actually play very nice football under Zidane could they actually persist with him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

NIMAN wrote: »
    Dunno why that would be :pac:

First time in twelve years that Real have won away from home after being two nil down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

First time in twelve years that Real have won away from home after being two nil down.

Was that a Ronaldo hat trick?

That was class by Atleti there Malaga had a decent counter attack on from a quick throw so Atletico threw more than 2 balls on to the pitch. Referee still allowed play tho. :pac:

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Was that a Ronaldo hat trick?

Thankfully real have more depth than their first 11. Ronaldo was rested, could only imagine the damage he would have added to the score line ;)

1-0 atletico. I expect barca to massacre gijon

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

This title is shaping up for a cracker of finish, top 3 all battling it out on the final day would be brilliant.

Even though he tried to pull out of the challenge how Busquets wasn't booked there is a mystery!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

1-0 Barca, Messi header. Keeper should've done better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Goal! Goal Messi! The great man lobs the ball over the scrambling defenders with his head. Barcelona aren't giving up their crown lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Goal! Goal Messi! The great man lobs the ball over the scrambling defenders with his head. Barcelona aren't giving up their crown lightly.

They've done their best to give it away the last month to be fair.

They're beating fodder tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Messi's ability to pick a killer pass from anywhere on the pitch is unmatched.

• Advertisement
Advertisement