Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just for balance, Busquets was never booked for a late challenge earlier in this half, and Rakitic tugged a shirt as a Betis attacker was breaking into the final third and was never booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

SlickRic wrote: »
    I like Barcelona. It's nothing to do with hate. Every time someone disagrees with you, or calls out nonsense, you go back to the same old shíte, that the one disagreeing with you hates Barcelona.

It's tiresome.

You're just wrong. The goal was a defensive shambles. The ball was badly weighted from Messi if anything. He was aiming for Rakitic, not in between the keeper and defender. Christ.

Haha let's agree to disagree because I've made thoughts on your views on Barcelona and myself very clear in the past and I have absolutely no wish to derail this thread.

A perfect pass, an excellent performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Haha let's agree to disagree because I've made thoughts on your views on Barcelona and myself very clear in the past and I have absolutely no wish to derail this thread.

A perfect pass, an excellent performance.
    I hope barca win the league but I would say they've been far from excellent. Created feck all aside from the goal and Suarez sitter there. Hope they don't get hit by a late sucker punch.

I have absolutely no wish to derail this thread.

This time you don't, because you're utterly wrong.

Anyway, Messi has been the only one Barcelona can really rely on these past few weeks no matter how the rest of the team is playing.

This time you don't, because you're utterly wrong.

Anyway, Messi has been the only one Barcelona can really rely on these past few weeks no matter how the rest of the team is playing.

Clearly I don't agree but no point arguing with someone who is so unwilling to listen to a different viewpoint.

Suarez has 8 goals in 2 games.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Clearly I don't agree but no point arguing with someone who is so unwilling to listen to a different viewpoint.

The second goal right there is a good pass, the first one isn't and you're completely wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lovely goal great run by Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lovely pass by Messi but he had all the time in the world! Shocking from Betis.

Goal! Messi just sublime, statistically he's the best playmaker on the planet by a distance and it's passes like that which make him peerless in that department, the best player in the world has won this game for Barça. Credit Suarez too, his run is typical of the striker, his finish is clinical. 2-0

That first point is amazingly lol coming from you.

On the 2nd, if you read what I said instead of getting defensive about Suarez, Messi is the one to be relied upon. Even when losing (for example, in the Madrid game) he was still the one standing up while Suarez and Neymar were subdued.

Suarez has been a brilliant flat track bully the last couple of weeks, which is important, but Messi has been the difference when games have been tighter, and even when losing, he has looked the most likely to do something.

• Advertisement

On the 2nd, if you read what I said instead of getting defensive about Suarez, Messi is the one to be relied upon. Even when losing (for example, in the Madrid game) he was still the one standing up while Suarez and Neymar were subdued.

Suarez has been a brilliant flat track bully the last couple of weeks, which is important, but Messi has been the difference when games have been tighter, and even when losing, he has looked the most likely to do something.

That criticism is amazingly lol coming from you. See how easy that is to do?

"Messi has been the only one Barcelona can really rely on these past few weeks"

Hmmm you seem to have back tracked from "the only one" to "the most likely" I'd say before you make such sweeping statements you should choose your words more carefully or you'll just end up backtracking continuously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nonsense. Utter and complete nonsense.

I don't even read the soccer forum much but even I can see the wind up.

Anyway, great end to La Liga!

That criticism is amazingly lol coming from you. See how easy that is to do?

Hmmm you seem to have back tracked from "the only one" to "the most likely" I'd say before you make such sweeping statements you should choose your words more carefully or you'll just end up backtracking continuously.

That's not back tracking. He is the only one to be relied upon because he has always been the most likely to do something, no matter the form of the rest of the team.

Christ Almighty. Would you please read.

That's not back tracking. He is the only one to be relied upon because he has always been the most likely to do something, no matter the form of the rest of the team.

Christ Almighty. Would you please read.

9 goals in 3 games for Suarez says otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Messi was as bad as Neymar durng the bad run. He was not far off 2014 non-performances. He was very good against Valencia though.

Suarez was the best of the three, even goals aside. He kept them in the CL tie.

9 goals in 3 games for Suarez says otherwise.

Again. Please fúcking read.

I said Suarez has been a great flat track bully, which is needed, but Messi is the one to be relied upon no matter what. The others were subdued in the bad run, but Messi kept going, kept creating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Thats harsh on Suarez imo. Scored the 1st vs Deportivo & the importamt 2nd tonight. Also scored 2 against Atletico in the CL & was suspended against Sociedad.

Again. Please fúcking read.

I said Suarez has been a great flat track bully, which is needed, but Messi is the one to be relied upon no matter what. The others were subdued in the bad run, but Messi kept going, kept creating.

So to reiterate

The only one Barça can rely on. Yet Suarez has been "a flat track bully" scoring 9 in 3 in this run. Spin it whatever way you want, you made a silly statement, you were called on it, you've resorted to cursing and getting defensive and you're tying yourself in knots trying to untangle yourself. Just accept that your statement was bizarre and move on, I'm willing to move on from it too.

So to reiterate

The only one Barça can rely on. Yet Suarez has been "a flat track bully" scoring 9 in 3 in this run. Spin it whatever way you want, you made a silly statement, you were called on it, you've resorted to cursing and getting defensive and you're tying yourself in knots trying to untangle yourself. Just accept that your statement was bizarre and move on, I'm willing to move on from it too.

You're still not reading. You're taking one line out of context and focusing in. Tabloidism at its finest.

After all your moaning over the months at your perception that people misrepresent what you say, your hypocrisy is simply astounding.

Also, the brazen cheek of you to call anyone out on anything is incredible. Well done. You've some neck trying to take some sort of moral high ground demanding that I say any statement is bizarre after some of the nonsense you've posted.

Anyway, Barcelona will win the league, and deservedly so. No better collection of players in La Liga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You're still not reading. You're taking one line out of context and focusing in. Tabloidism at its finest.

After all your moaning over the months at your perception that people misrepresent what you say, your hypocrisy is simply astounding.

Also, the brazen cheek of you to call anyone out on anything is incredible. Well done. You've some neck trying to take some sort of moral high ground demanding that I say any statement is bizarre after some of the nonsense you've posted.

Anyway, Barcelona will win the league, and deservedly so. No better collection of players in La Liga.

Be fair, he really does need visual aids to get his point across ya know! Bear with him.

OK so you say I'm taking one line out of context, here's your comment in full:

"This time you don't, because you're utterly wrong.

Anyway, Messi has been the only one Barcelona can really rely on these past few weeks no matter how the rest of the team is playing."

Which part is put of context? You made a ridiculous and blatantly incorrect statement (especially considering Suarez's scoring record lately) and you got called on it. You said he's the only one Barcelona can really rely on and that's just wrong, you know it's wrong but you're too stubborn to back down.

Am I taking the morale high ground? You're God damn right I am, it feels so lovely up here, I can see why you visit it so often. So please don't speak of cheek and start cursing because you've been caught out.

Anyway aside from this nonsense, yes I do believe Barcelona will win the league and deserve to win the league. They've produced a number of excellent performances this season and they've shown character to dig in the last few weeks when the going got tough.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Be fair, he really does need visual aids to get his point across ya know! Bear with him.

Nice little dig there, I really do need to go to a tailor, my coat-tails are beginning to look worn and frayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nice little dig there, I really do need to go to a tailor, my coat-tails are beginning to look worn and frayed.

Ah in fairness you know what you're doing so you're well able for it.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ah in fairness you know what you're doing so you're well able for it.

Yes, I'm invading the morale high ground and making it my own.

So did you catch any of the La Liga games involving the top 3 yesterday? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Although I cant see Real winning the title this season has it ever happened before that a club won the title with 2 different managers? And if they did win it would the honour be credited to both Zidane and Rafa?

• Advertisement

Very disappointing to see Getafe in front. Would love to see them go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Although I cant see Real winning the title this season has it ever happened before that a club won the title with 2 different managers? And if they did win it would the honour be credited to both Zidane and Rafa?

Doubt it. Don't think AVB got anything when Chelsea won the CL with Di Matteo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

Why would rafa get any credit? If Real win the league it's because they came from behind...it would be more credit to zizu then. If rafa was sacked while they were top and zizu continued their form then it would be credit to both.

I doubt anyone would give Rafa credit. But he was manager of the club for 18 games and a title is won over an entire season. I just think its an interesting scenario, should Real win it would the history books recognise both ZZ and Benitez and winning managers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Wins for espanyol, valencia and atletico would be ace.

• Advertisement

Goal! Goal Barcelona! An eruption of noise from the stands of the Camp Nou breaks into cohesive shouts of "Messi! Messi!" as the diminutive Argentine wheels away in celebration. His freekick is a masterpiece, he continues to make a case for being the best freekick taker in the world, alongside being the best player in the world, he is a greedy man. 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Atletico a goal up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

That was some goal by Ronaldo.

What an absolute beauty by Ronaldo!

Ronaldo's 48th in all competitions this season 7 more than Messi, has played 2 games less than the Argentine also.

Levante have eqaulized against Atletico.

Ronaldo's 48th in all competitions this season 7 more than Messi, has played 2 games less than the Argentine also.

Levante have eqaulized against Atletico.

Playing far closer to goal, contributing far less in general play. Let's not have me state the obvious too often.

Playing far closer to goal, contributing far less in general play. Let's not have me state the obvious too often.

Yes 15 assists to Messi's 23 .

A much more selfish player which has helped his amazing 48 goal haul. Unbelievable footballer, I think anyone would agree.

Jesus Espanyol are giving no quarter here. Be amazed if this derby ends with more all 22 players on the pitch.

Nobody gives a crap let's just enjoy both behemoths.

Yes 15 assists to Messi's 23 .

A much more selfish player which has helped his amazing 48 goal haul. Unbelievable footballer, I think anyone would agree.

Counting a players play making based on assists is so outdated and just basically wrong, there are far more telling stars available to you in this day and age.

• Advertisement

Counting a players play making based on assists is so outdated and just basically wrong, there are far more telling stars available to you in this day and age.

Never was one for astrology. :pac:

Turtwig wrote: »
    Never was one for astrology. :pac:

Interesting, you pick up on an autocorrect mistake and you jump on it because it's Andersonisgod, perhaps Andersonisgod should follow you around the soccer forum and pick up on every incorrect point you make.

Can you point me in the direction of these available stats? I'd be very interested in seeing them for players.

Tell me how its wrong to take into account a players assists record when considering their play making ability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Interesting, you pick up on an autocorrect mistake and you jump on it because it's Andersonisgod, perhaps Andersonisgod should follow you around the soccer forum and pick up on every incorrect point you make.

You've some serious persecutory delusion. Not everyone is 'out to get you'.

If it was anyone else making that mistake, I'm sure it would've been the same reply from Turtwig or another.

Can we just enjoy the great narrative the current scores give us please.

Sevilla losing to relegation hopefuls Granada is another interesting game. Sevilla can still catch Celta Vigo, but are seemingly risking it all or nothing regarding European football next season on the EL. Former Barça reject Isaac Cuenca scoring the vital goal before half time in that game.

Can you point me in the direction of these available stats? I'd be very interested in seeing them for players.

Tell me how its wrong to take into account a players assists record when considering their play making ability?

I feel like I posted an article on this site not so long ago about exactly this topic which puts forward an excellent argument as to why assists or a ridiculous measure of creativity (which is true for reasons that should be readily apparent). If I find that article again I will post the link.

I literally just found the article that I'll post after the match.

I feel like I posted an article on this site not so long ago about exactly this topic which puts forward an excellent argument as to why assists or a ridiculous measure of creativity (which is true for reasons that should be readily apparent). If I find that article again I will post the link.

I literally just found the article that I'll post after the match.

You said their are far more telling stats available to me not an article, thats just an opinion.
    I will stick to the stats that I can easily access such as assists. Are you a football scout or something of the sort?

I don't need an article to tell me Messi is more of a playmaker than Ronaldo. I watch matches and I'm not ignorant to those sort of things.

Goal! Suarez! 2-0, Messi finds the space vacated at the back and zips a pass into Suarez and there was never any doubt as to what the end result would be. He had been the great goalscorer in the league this season and he's added another.

Oh christ what a ball from Messi there a moment ago.

Goal! Goal Suarez! The Uruguayan hitman is not to be denied, he scores all sorts of goals and he scores them in high volume. He is the best goalscorer in Spain and he's firing Barcelona to another league title.

Gotta hand it to Valencia they're still chasing the game but it's leaving them super open to a Real Counter.

• Advertisement

Tottenham picked up nine yellows against Chelsea. Espanyol have their target but they only have 7 so far:pac:

Advertisement