Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes!

Along with a draw in the Barcelona match, I've Ronaldo to score first in a 5-1 win, and have him to score three.

Ronaldo hit the post and it came out. I'd say you're sickened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

suarez again some machine . hala barca!

cr7 me hole!:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Alves did brilliant there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

davycc wrote: »
    cr7 me hole!:pac::pac:

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Barcelona are scoring at will in the last few matches .
    Makes you wonder what happened to them during that poor spell where they couldnt buy a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Suarez has to be a shoe in for the balon d'or

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Another couple of goals for Ronaldo, another title for Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ronaldo subbed at half time.

Saving him for the champions league final.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    What?

i cant stand the perma tanned cry baby primadonna :D

hope suarez keeps ahead of cr7 in the goal tally this season:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ricero wrote: »

Until he goes and does something stupid again.

Until he goes and does something stupid again.

Dunno the man finally seems happy with himself since his move to barca. Clearly had problems which he has overcome.

Deserves the balon d'or hes been sensational all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Same old Barca crap... Having a freakout en-masse because Granada didn't kick the ball out for Suarez who miraculously was up ten seconds later

suarezzz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

They had two players down injured at that moment. It's incredibly unsporting not to stop play when that happens. Barca's reaction was over the top, but it wasn't completely unjustified.

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    They had two players down injured at that moment. It's incredibly unsporting not to stop play when that happens. Barca's reaction was over the top, but it wasn't completely unjustified.

Two players with not a thing wrong with either of them. Unless the ref stops it I think they should keep playing.

exactly! granada had been targeting neymar for some dirty tackles too all game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Mascherano was down out of the field of play for 2 whole minutes. Hardly the place to lie down if your intention is to feign and waste time. Then he was subbed. Clearly something was wrong with him. Suarez probably nothing wrong though.

Messi might finally have a peer on his level, Suarez is just unreal. But fair play to Neymar, not many lads would do that but Messi, Neymar and Suarez play for each other. Great to see.

congrats to barca! winners after a tough season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Well done to Barcelona :)

Mascherano was down out of the field of play for 2 whole minutes. Hardly the place to lie down if your intention is to feign and waste time. Then he was subbed. Clearly something was wrong with him. Suarez probably nothing wrong though.

Apologies I did not realise that re Mascherano. Was flicking between the matches.

Either way, I do still stand by my original statement that there was no need for the Barca reaction as the ref didn't see fit to stop the game.

Not the end of the world either way!

Barca, despite my dislike for them are deserving champions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Dunno the man finally seems happy with himself since his move to barca. Clearly had problems which he has overcome.

There's about 6 months left in the Balon D'or year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

When 3 of the clear top 4 players in the world play for one team it kind of deflates the achievements for me

There wasn't a word of Messi in the buildup to this game until the last couple of minutes until they realised they'd forgotten about him, a sign of the times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well done Barca. I am sure almost everyone wanted a fairytale victory for 'Ronnie' and his merry band of pub players, but the 3 best players in the world obviously aren't ones for enduring fairy tales and King 'Louie' personally took it upon himself to ruin any chance of it and claim another hollow title for Barca.

Has the Atletico bandwagon rolled out of the thread? Been very quiet this past week.

When 3 of the clear top 4 players in the world play for one team it kind of deflates the achievements for me

There wasn't a word of Messi in the buildup to this game until the last couple of minutes until they realised they'd forgotten about him, a sign of the times

Hold on a second. So the best players in the world shouldn't be credited fully for their achievements simply because they're the best players in the world? Jesus Christ I knew you hated Messi, Suarez and Barcelona and loved a bit of Ronaldo but this is just idiocy. I suppose Brazils world cup wins don't mean much due to them having the likes of Pele, Jairzinho and Rivelinho and Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo right? Absolute nonsense.

There's about 6 months left in the Balon D'or year.

Yuup and hes defo the front runner

Luckily your deflation doesn't mean anything when deciding these things!

The best player in the world every year generally plays with other top class players.

Well done Barca. Deserved winners as they've been the most impressive team over the course of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Your post is full of bitterness and hate.
    Why?

How bout not saying anything? This reads like a youtube comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Messi brought them out of their slump, and then Suarez took over with 5 games to go.

Just too many brilliant forward players. They can't all be off form at once for too long, and that's why they've won this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well done to barca, best team won the league.

It would have been a travesty if Madrid had sneaked the title, but fair play to them to making it go down to the last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Congrats to Barca, best team won it. No complaints from an Atletico fan. Probably should've been wrapped up a few weeks ago but I'm sure they don't care.

Best from the three comfortabley, they'll win a hell of a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Yuup and hes defo the front runner

Unless Ronaldo wins the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Suarez's scored so many & very few penalties
    All his La Liga goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Some of the commentary on that video is cringe, americans trying to speak the bit of spanish and shrieking into the mic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Getafe going down unless they score twice. :)

Rayo going down too, but Getafe might not come back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I managed to get into town last night and shoot some video

https://youtu.be/Jf-HZz5Qv8E?t=8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Unfortunately I had to watch the Barcelona game on replay yesterday, however that did nothing to dampen my spirits. What an absolutely magnificent achievement from this club, from this core group of players. Some of the players quotes sum it up better than I ever could, note these are from Barcastuff's Twitter account.

Alba: "This is a deserved Liga win. I hope the fans are able to value it, the players sure do. It seems some of you (press) aren't happy..."

Pique: "We continue in this winning dynamics and we build a historic era in Barça's history. This team shows we are still motivated to win."

Iniesta: "This title tastes like glory. Liga is reward for consistency, you want to win this one every year, and then you try to add others"

Messi: "Liga Champions!!! We dedicate this title to all of those people who supported us until the end."

Luis Enrique: "Again champions!!!!! Congratulations!!!!"

Robert Moreno (assistant): "6 from 8... Not bad!! Champiooooooneeess!!

Pique: "We had a bad run and previously Barça wouldn't have won this Liga, but this is a team with a winning mentality."

Luis Enrique: "We've now won 6 Ligas of our last 8. It's difficult to win titles, it costs other teams a lot."

There's really not much else to say other than every Barcelona fan should savour this period in the club's history, Barcelona is the outstanding team in Spain, in Europe and in the world, the history books will look upon this era as being one that has been dominated by Barcelona, a blaugrana era. The joy of Barcelona emanates from the philosophies and principals of the club, from the history and tradition of the club, from the status the club holds to Catalunya; a higher purpose, from the joy the club brings to people across the globe and from their overwhelming successes, trophies without these things are hollow, these things without trophies leave you unfulfilled, for the last 8 years Barcelona have given us everything, they are the champions of our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Mushy wrote: »
    Congrats to Barca, best team won it. No complaints from an Atletico fan. Probably should've been wrapped up a few weeks ago but I'm sure they don't care.

Out of curiosity, which trophy was the one Atletico fans wanted to win more this season, La Liga or the Champions League?

Unfortunately I had to watch the Barcelona game on replay yesterday, however that did nothing to dampen my spirits. What an absolutely magnificent achievement from this club, from this core group of players. Some of the players quotes sum it up better than I ever could, note these are from Barcastuff's Twitter account.

Alba: "This is a deserved Liga win. I hope the fans are able to value it, the players sure do. It seems some of you (press) aren't happy..."

Pique: "We continue in this winning dynamics and we build a historic era in Bar a's history. This team shows we are still motivated to win."

Iniesta: "This title tastes like glory. Liga is reward for consistency, you want to win this one every year, and then you try to add others"

Messi: "Liga Champions!!! We dedicate this title to all of those people who supported us until the end."

Luis Enrique: "Again champions!!!!! Congratulations!!!!"

Robert Moreno (assistant): "6 from 8... Not bad!! Champiooooooneeess!!

Pique: "We had a bad run and previously Bar a wouldn't have won this Liga, but this is a team with a winning mentality."

Luis Enrique: "We've now won 6 Ligas of our last 8. It's difficult to win titles, it costs other teams a lot."

There's really not much else to say other than every Barcelona fan should savour this period in the club's history, Barcelona is the outstanding team in Spain, in Europe and in the world, the history books will look upon this era as being one that has been dominated by Barcelona, a blaugrana era. The joy of Barcelona emanates from the philosophies and principals of the club, from the history and tradition of the club, from the status the club holds to Catalunya; a higher purpose, from the joy the club brings to people across the globe and from their overwhelming successes, trophies without these things are hollow, these things without trophies leave you unfulfilled, for the last 8 years Barcelona have given us everything, they are the champions of our time.
    Not good enough
    Hollow victory
    2 months ago they were on course for a second consecutive treble ,and a league win by >10 points .
    Out of UCL and scraping a league victory
    But keep telling yourself it's great - scream it into your face in the mirror like the locals here do with their kids
    Hollow hollow ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Out of curiosity, which trophy was the one Atletico fans wanted to win more this season, La Liga or the Champions League?

I'd always say the league for a club in that position. Maybe Barcelona might say differently now after 6 out of 8. Since the final of CL was decided, I don't think the team be too disappointed about the league at that stage as it was an uphill battle and revenge will be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I'd always say the league for a club in that position. Maybe Barcelona might say differently now after 6 out of 8. Since the final of CL was decided, I don't think the team be too disappointed about the league at that stage as it was an uphill battle and revenge will be sweet.

Yeah I just wondered having achieved league success 2 years ago would the club now be more focused on the Champions League.

I just find it seems to be becoming more of a trend that if clubs in Europe have success in their domestic league that suddenly the priority becomes the Champions League.

When SAF was manager at Man Utd he always put the Champions League second. I guess I'm just trying to gauge if thats also the case with other clubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Not good enough
    Hollow victory
    2 months ago they were on course for a second consecutive treble ,and a league win by >10 points .
    But keep telling yourself it's great - scream it into your face in the mirror like the locals here do with their kids
    Hollow hollow ...

Not winning the treble is a failure? Then every team is a failure this season. A blip and then 5 magnificent performances to clinch the league. 6 league titles out of 8, Alves the Brazilian with the most trophies ever won, Iniesta the Spaniard with the most trophies ever won. Suarez the golden boot winner, Luis Enrique only the 2nd Spanish coach to win back to back Ligas in his first season at Barcelona, Barcelona the most successful club in this century and the most revered team across the globe. Hollow? It's glorious, the most glorious era football has ever seen, in 50, 60, 70, 100 years time the kids will be able to rattle off the names of this Barcelona XI. Bravo, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar; legends, every single one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Not good enough
    Hollow victory
    Hollow hollow ...
    Anyone looking at the history books in years to come will just see Barcelona as champions, and their biggest rivals second.
    If you win the league, after seriously thinking that you may have thrown it away to said arch rivals, then I'd say it's far from hollow.
    I'd go so far as to say they'll really enjoy this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

wonga77 wrote: »
    Some of the commentary on that video is cringe, americans trying to speak the bit of spanish and shrieking into the mic

Most of that mad stuff is Ray Hudson ,he is a nut job.

The quality of goals in that video is outstanding though .
    Suarez is a class act .

Never thought I'd say this but I agree with AIG, well one point at least ;). I am no Barca fan but this isn't a hollow victory. Far from it. They may have put themselves under pressure going into the last 5 games but they stood up to be counted when it mattered.

I was delighted to see them go out of the CL but it certainly doesn't diminish their league victory.

Obviously not as great as last year for them but almost impossible to keep up that level of consistency. Could still win the double (and most likely will)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

I managed to get into town last night and shoot some video

https://youtu.be/Jf-HZz5Qv8E?t=8
    Not good enough
    Hollow victory
    Hollow hollow ...

You seem to have many issues that have nothing to do with football.
    Maybe you should have a look in the mirror, and ask yourself why you are so hateful.
    You are in a soccer forum, but you dont discuss football.

Calm down ffs

Not winning the treble is a failure? Then every team is a failure this season. A blip and then 5 magnificent performances to clinch the league. 6 league titles out of 8, Alves the Brazilian with the most trophies ever won, Iniesta the Spaniard with the most trophies ever won. Suarez the golden boot winner, Luis Enrique only the 2nd Spanish coach to win back to back Ligas in his first season at Barcelona, Barcelona the most successful club in this century and the most revered team across the globe. Hollow? It's glorious, the most glorious era football has ever seen, in 50, 60, 70, 100 years time the kids will be able to rattle off the names of this Barcelona XI. Bravo, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar; legends, every single one of them.

Failed season

enzo roco wrote: »
    You seem to have many issues that have nothing to do with football.
    Maybe you should have a look in the mirror, and ask yourself why you are so hateful.
    You are in a soccer forum, but you dont discuss football.

Calm down ffs

or maybe im just messing ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement