Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The lack of yellow cards here is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Enrique is a pain the hole with waving at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

CSF wrote: »
    I'd be fairly nervous about spending alot of money on Gameiro. Chap is 29 and has only really found his starring role in this Sevilla team this season. Players like Konoplyanka or Nolito would be much more sensible signings.

I agree but I can see Barca's logic too Gamerio was Sevilla's super sub for seasons. He'd frequently just come off the bench to score a goal and was content doing that. Barca are probably hoping he'd be happy with being second fiddle to the trident and used to rotate them that bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Turtwig wrote: »
    I agree but I can see Barca's logic too Gamerio was Sevilla's super sub for seasons. He'd frequently just come off the bench to score a goal and was content doing that. Barca are probably hoping he'd be happy with being second fiddle to the trident and used to rotate them that bit more.
    Makes sense in theory, but you don't spend big money on that. Problem is also that the player that the player Barca sign isn't even supersub. Neymar, Suarez and Messi just don't come off. I'm not even sure that would change if someone suitable was on the bench.

Enrique is a pain the hole with waving at every opportunity.

He's a very proactive coach, constantly making adjustment and managing in game.

• Advertisement

Makes sense in theory, but you don't spend big money on that. Problem is also that the player that the player Barca sign isn't even supersub. Neymar, Suarez and Messi just don't come off. I'm not even sure that would change if someone suitable was on the bench.

Fully agree.

A yellow card! He owns yellow cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

He's a very proactive coach, constantly making adjustment and managing in game.
    Waving for a card at every foul no matter how minor is not proactive.

C'mon ta fack Sevilla score! The longer this goes on the more nervy you make me that Barca will pick you off on a counter. Also, possession stats anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Messi territory...

• Advertisement

He lives the action, lots of coaches do. I've got no issue with Enrique on the line at all.

Messi is forcing him to do it. :pac: (Reportedly the catalyst for Enrique almost getting sacked was for not awarding Messi a free in training once.)

Messi is forcing him to do it. :pac: (Reportedly the catalyst for Enrique almost getting sacked was for not awarding Messi a free in training once.)

Not sure where that comes from but almost certainly not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm surprised at the extent Enrique has conceded the initiative to Sevilla once going down to 10. He's literally told them to sit with two banks of 4 and counter. It hasn't worked at all but of course Barca are always quite capable of scoring a goal out of nothing with that quality on the pitch.

It's a real striking difference to Guardiola's Barca. Not a chance he'd do this.

Very surprised they've waited this long to introduce Konoplyanka here. He may very well make the difference here.

Pique has been unreal tonight.

Give Pique all the Balon D'ors, he's sublime.

Blatter wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the extent Enrique has conceded the initiative to Sevilla once going down to 10. He's literally told them to sit with two banks of 4 and counter. It hasn't worked at all but of course Barca are always quite capable of scoring a goal out of nothing with that quality on the pitch.

It's a real striking difference to Guardiola's Barca. Not a chance he'd do this.
    Counter attacking is Sevilla's speciality. Something Pep would never do but I think it's actually a damn good call. He's gonna get lynched if they lose though.
    Johner wrote: »
    Pique has been unreal tonight.
    That's because his team actually have to defend. Fergie didn't describe him as one the greatest centre backs for nothing.

Ref really should've pulled that back there after no advantage occured. Terrible refereeing.

How is that an advantage? I'm not at all surprised someone from the bench has reacted, this has been a consistently poor refereeing performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What happened there!?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What happened there!?

2 players challenging for a header, none connecting.

Counter attacking is Sevilla's speciality. Something Pep would never do but I think it's actually a damn good call. He's gonna get lynched if they lose though.

In theory it's a perfectly logical decision but it's not working out at all. Barca haven't had one chance and have not looked like creating one whilst Sevilla have looked reasonably dangerous. They're relying on a moment of magic/penalties to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Ok, this ref is awful.

This is gas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Disgusting by Neymar.

Blatter wrote: »
    In theory it's a perfectly logical decision but it's not working out at all. Barca haven't had one chance and have not looked like creating one whilst Sevilla have looked reasonably dangerous. They're relying on a moment of magic/penalties to win this.
    To be honest Barca have done quite well to keep themselves in this game given going down to 10 and losing Suarez.

Disgrace! Absolute disgrace! Pure travesty. How is that not a foul on Neymar? Where is the yellow for the challenge on Iniesta? He's booked 3 bloody Barça players. Disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Horrible stuff
    Champions league final will be even worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Toobz wrote: »
    Ok, this ref is awful.

Think he's got most calls right to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Disgrace! Absolute disgrace! Pure travesty. How is that not a foul on Neymar? Where is the yellow for the challenge on Iniesta? He's booked 3 bloody Barça players. Disgrace.

Because it was a complete and utter dive perhaps?

Yes! Justice! Red card Banega!

What!? From what I saw Neymar was holding the Sevilla players jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

10 a side now. Banega red, right call.

Ref in the main has done well tonight.

• Advertisement

Definite red. Advantage Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Such a good game for a 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Enrique doing his best Robbie keane impression......constantly waving his arms about

Nice bump on messis forehead

The senyera is flying in the crowd, there's serious fire on the pitch, what a game.

• Advertisement

To be honest Barca have done quite well to keep themselves in this game given going down to 10 and losing Suarez.

Even taking those events into account, I would still expect Barca to be the better team and more likely to win given the gap in quality between the two teams.

10 v 10 now, very interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Is he planning to book everyone in the ground?

It wasn't even that dirty a game, but it is now with him brandishing cards everywhere.

Surely thats a sending off for Mathieu, 2 handed shove to the face of the Sevilla player

Can't argue with the draw in normal time, Barca deserved to get extra time for their performance with 10 men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Enrique should be in the stands. Hes like a toddler out there.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Surely thats a sending off for Mathieu, 2 handed shove to the face of the Sevilla player

Lol!

dfx- wrote: »
    Is he planning to book everyone in the ground?

It wasn't even that dirty a game, but it is now with him brandishing cards everywhere.

7 yellows in the last 17 minutes!

Well done to Barca holding out that half, looks like Enrique set them out to contain and draw fouls to prolong the game. Might see much more attack now with 10v10

Lol!

I agree, the decision to not send him off is laughable

That was fascinating! Pity Sevilla couldn't do it but they couldn't really threaten either. Solid defending by Barca. Referee been too card happy imo that said he got the key red card calls correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement