Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The upcoming Classico wont be shown live on Uk or Irish tv as its scheduled for a 3.15pm Saturday kick off.:mad:
    The first Clasico of the 2016-17 campaign between Barcelona and Real Madrid will be played on Dec. 3 at 4:15 p.m. CET, La Liga president Javier Tebas has announced.

The encounter will take place during Week 14 at Barcelona's Camp Nou with a kickoff time intended to compete directly with the Premier League in the Far East television market.

Tebas told Cadena Ser radio: "The Barcelona and Real Madrid game will be played on Saturday at 4:15 p.m. The game will not be aired in England because of the TV embargo that is placed at that time.

"We had three windows we had considered, at 1 p.m., 4:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. We analysed those with our audiovisual team and to play at 6 p.m. is too late in Asia while to play at 1 p.m. is too early for the American market."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Why would it not be shown in Ireland? Irish channels have shown EPL games for years at 15.00

Why would it not be shown in Ireland? Irish channels have shown EPL games for years at 15.00

Sky have the rights for the UK and Ireland and they don't show the 3pm La Liga matches I'm afraid.
    The last few 3pm Classicos were not shown on Irish tv .

Personally I hate the idea of a 3pm kick off ,it robs the match of a night time atmosphere ,which is the best .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sky have the rights for the UK and Ireland and they don't show the 3pm La Liga matches I'm afraid. The last few 3pm Classicos were not shown on Irish tv .

Personally I hate the idea of a 3pm kick off ,it robs the match of a night time atmosphere ,which is the best .

They have started showing 3pm EPL games in Ireland this year so hopefully they show the Clasico instead of WBA v Watford or whatever game is on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oh holy cow, that pass from Trigueros was incredible and Roberto Soriano's run and finish are perfect, caught Celta cold.

2-0, awful mistake by Alvarez and Soriano curls it past him for his 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Eibar embarrassing espanyol who are at home. 0-3 at half time. Flores days are numbered id say. That inui looks decent.

That was a great game 3-3 in the end, baptistao with the injury time equaliser, might just save his managers head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Valencia Barca is an absolute cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Turtwig wrote: »
    Valencia Barca is an absolute cracker!

I'd put it down as a cross between hot-blooded and bad-tempered. Not sure about the last minute penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

2 more goals for Messi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Messi is a new man with the beard and the blonde hair. He got hit the cleanest with that bottle but just turns around and shouts abuse at the Valencia fans not giving two f*cks while Neymar and Suarez try and apply for WWE jobs on the ground. Never seen Messi so fired up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Messi was hit by a bottle himself back in the 14/15 season when Busquets scored the winner at the death. Not the first time they've done that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Compare that game with 'Red Monday' last week on Sky.

Despite what some may say, Messi has had another great year and he's done it again in the biggest games. Somebody else is going to get the Golden Ball but it's clear to all who the best player on the planet is and has been this past season.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Compare that game with 'Red Monday' last week on Sky.

Its like watching a different sport.

I'd say Sky must be getting worried though.
    Their Premier league viewing figures are down 19% so far this season .
    http://www.football365.com/news/sky-sports-viewing-figures-down-by-19-per-cent

They have picked some very strange matches to televise ,mostly rubbish teams.
    Some of the Super Sundays shown lately have been utter dross .
    I'm not sure if this is a ploy to get these teams minimum number of televised matches out of the way .

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if this is a ploy to get these teams minimum number of televised matches out of the way .

Premier league season this year has been poor in my opinion also there has to be a certain fatigue amongst fans with the amount of games on TV.There is no excitement over a televised game anymore because the majority of them feature **** teams which didn't tend to be the case in the past.

It also can't help that there are no great teams in the league unlike up to 2010 when there was always at least one really brilliant team in the league.

Watching the galician derby here, half time 1-1, a good game, mallo scored first for celta and then albentosa pulled it back for depor. Orellana is quality, cant believe how he has never been picked up by a bigger club.

Ended 4-1 two from aspas and one from orellana in the seconcd half. Half orellana got a standing ovation when he went off, fantastic player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think the rest of La Liga is starting to catch up to the top 3.
    TV money is now being distributed more evenly. Real & Barca both lucky to win this week. Some great games this week too.

Ronaldo tonight actually appealed that Morata's late winner was offside. Very selfish & strange.

https://twitter.com/Oddschecker/status/790293947222466560

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just back at the hotel feom the Real v Bilbao game, Real missed some sitters but so did Williams for Bilbao.

Eraso was brilliant for Bilbao all game.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just back at the hotel feom the Real v Bilbao game, Real missed some sitters but so did Williams for Bilbao.

Eraso was brilliant for Bilbao all game.

*Jealous Face*

Rob Palmer said on Sky that the Madrid fans were booing Ronaldo was that actually the case or was he misinterpreting their boos for something else?

Turtwig wrote: »
    *Jealous Face*

Rob Palmer said on Sky that the Madrid fans were booing Ronaldo was that actually the case or was he misinterpreting their boos for something else?
    He had a 1v1 last minute & he missed it should have scored. Maybe he could have passed but he wanted his goal. He was then whistled loudly by the fans.
    Now Ronaldo is selfish but considering he is there greatest goalscorer & helped win 2 CL's it's very harsh to whistle him whenever he is off form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think the rest of La Liga is starting to catch up to the top 3.
    TV money is now being distributed more evenly. Real & Barca both lucky to win this week. Some great games this week too.

Ronaldo tonight actually appealed that Morata's late winner was offside. Very selfish & strange.

https://twitter.com/Oddschecker/status/790293947222466560

It's hard to tell if you're being serious anymore, or if you really think Ronaldo is the boogeyman

he was celebrating but checked to see if it was offside

It's hard to tell if you're being serious anymore, or if you really think Ronaldo is the boogeyman

he was celebrating but checked to see if it was offside
    He has similar incidents before when Bale scored & seen many people saying it appealed for offside too.
    But yeah looking again I would say he was celebrating the goal in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he didn't appeal for offside.

this isn't even in question.

a lot of people really want to believe he's the biggest w*nker walking this Earth. it's got to the point that if someone posted that he kicked a puppy down the street and laughed, there'd be a fair few people who believe it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

they'll be especially concerned if Barcelona play more often at 3pm Saturday or Madrid or Atletico and can't show those either.

dfx- wrote: »
    they'll be especially concerned if Barcelona play more often at 3pm Saturday or Madrid or Atletico and can't show those either.

Barcelona are indeed playing more matches at 3pm than they were a few years ago.
    They seem to be playing alot less night matches too .
    Its primarily to cater for the Asian and Middle Eastern market.

The upcoming classico will kick off at 3pm .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ronaldo hattrick. Still a God of a player

The words of Enrique have lit a fire under these players. A dreadful 45 minutes has been forgotten about in these scintillating first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Rafinha has done it again with another goal this season for the Brazilian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Las Palmas/Celta Vigo is one of the games of the year. Palmas 3-0 down at home, now 3-3 with Vigo down to 10 men

• Advertisement

5 points separating the top 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysis . . . Ochoa just made one of the best saves I've seen in years to keep a certain Depor goal out there for Granada. Worth finding it if you can.

I'm looking forward to Seville vs Barcelona tonight ,kick off 7.45 ,should be a ding dong battle.

No goals again for Ronaldo today, usually bangs in a few against cannon fodder.

Nasri has been amazing for Sevilla this season. Thought Barca tilted very easily against City considering they should have been comfortable by half time. Sergi Roberto in particular made one key error (not helped by mascherano) and from that point on he couldn't regain any composure at all.

Luis Enrique said it was inexplicable because for 30 mins or so he felt his side had played the best they played all season. I wouldn't say it was their best but it was very very good. Gomes performed his role very well.

Will Sevilla try their fluid 3-4-3 against Barca? It's super risky when you consider the strength of Barca's counter attack. They've been excellent when they employed it though. Considering how much Atleti struggled I really hope they do at least try it for a while. It'll be huge acid test for where they're at if they can use that set up to do major damage to Barca. I believe they can too. I hope they do as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cracking game here between Sevilla and Barca.

Sevilla just take the lead. Terrible from Sergei roberto and ter stegan was awful slow off his line.

Terrible from Sergi Roberto.

As I said in the Champions league thread this week he's a complete liability at right back and Barca are going to have to replace him.

Should be 2-0.What the hell was the Sevilla player at back heeling the ball to hedge of the box when he was completely alone in the middle of the box.

Seville are playing unreal, i hope they can keep this type of form up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow.. Sexy finish - The layoff from Neymar was a beaut too.

That was beautiful. Barca needed Messi to step up and super finish

That was beautiful. Barca needed Messi to step up and super finish

Nice finish but should have been disallowed, Barcelona player in offside position in front of keeper jumped over it

I bet that guy that back heeled it in the box is regretting it now. Great finish.

Brilliant 45 minutes of football.Great to watch.

Brilliant finish from Messi but it's a goal that Barca don't deserve Sevilla have been the better team.

I bet that guy that back heeled it in the box is regretting it now. Great finish.

That was honestly one of the stupidest things I ever seen in a game.

• Advertisement

For the big games you look to your biggest players and no player is bigger than Messi. The greatest of all time.

If this man isn't lifting a golden ball in the next few months it'll be one if the greatest travesties I can remember.

For the big games you look to your biggest players and no player is bigger than Messi. The greatest of all time.

If this man isn't lifting a golden ball in the next few months it'll be one if the greatest travesties I can remember.

Suarez for me was the best player last season for Barcelona and more deserving of the award than Messi.

Barca much better at the start of the second half. That would have been a redick goal after the Suarez lay off.

2-1 Barca. Has been coming. Messi has been superb in this half.

2- 1 Barca.

Brilliant play from Messi to set up Suarez. He's on fire this season.

Messi looks like he is up for it tonight!

• Advertisement
Advertisement