Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Barca very lucky. Undeserved point.

Cracks appearing at their club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You've brilliantly ignored my point. Brilliant.

You are right, your point is in the past, goal or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You are right, your point is in the past, goal or not?

Goal obviously. Pique vs Malaga, goal or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Goal obviously. Pique vs Malaga, goal or not?

No idea, have not seen it yet

No idea, have not seen it yet

Shame. It was also a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barca physically looked very poor.
    I think an RB in January possibly Cancelo is needed. It would free Sergi Roberto to play in midfield as Andre Gomez has been very poor.
    Barca's business this summer has been terrible. None of the players signed look good enough although Umtiti has done ok.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Barca physically looked very poor.
    I think an RB in January possibly Cancelo is needed. It would free Sergi Roberto to play in midfield as Andre Gomez has been very poor.
    Barca's business this summer has been terrible. None of the players signed look good enough although Umtiti has done ok.

Umtiti is magnificent. Suarez looked very bright when he came on. Gomes needs some time.

Umtiti is magnificent. Suarez looked very bright when he came on. Gomes needs some time.
    Untiti is decent although not as good as Marquinhos. I rate Gomez too but not sure he suits Barca someone like Veratti should have been targeted. Suarez's decision making is very poor although he was bright. I think he is more suited as an attacking midfielder than as a CM in a 3 man midfield.

Alcacer is not good enough at all & never showed enough at Valencia to get a move to Barca.
    Digne is a good ball playing LB but he is too slow to replace Alba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Baby Zidane with a nice little goal for Madrid there. The aul fella would have been happy with that one.

Massive tax scandal engulfing Real Madrid (and those previously associated with it) including Ronaldo, Mourinho, Modric ect. Strange lack of coverage thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

From my understanding the Real Madrid situation is legal loopholes, like double-Irish type situations, rather than flat out deceitful tax returns and defrauding the state.

From my understanding the Real Madrid situation is legal loopholes, like double-Irish type situations, rather than flat out deceitful tax returns and defrauding the state.

That's grand so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Massive tax scandal engulfing Real Madrid (and those previously associated with it) including Ronaldo, Mourinho, Modric ect. Strange lack of coverage thus far.

Strange lack of coverage? Mourinho's tax affairs were headline news everywhere over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That's grand so.

Technically, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Real Madrid looking to break their record for most consecutive games unbeaten.

And they're losing 2-1 to Depor at home. From seemingly cruising at 1-0, they conceded twice in a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ramos is some man for an important goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ramos once again with the vital goal. The one player that should be tightly marked from a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Ramos once again with the vital goal. The one player that should be tightly marked from a corner.

It's a conspiracy organised by the Spanish FA that stops him from being marked tightly at corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Clutch, Clutch, Clutch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Played the Get Out of Jail Card tonight for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't think Zidane is that superb a manager, but I haven't seen those players as desperate to win as they are currently.

It seems the ability to command reverence from your players does get you quite far.

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't think Zidane is that superb a manager, but I haven't seen those players as desperate to win as they are currently.

It seems the ability to command reverence from your players does get you quite far.

I think a major quality a manager at a big club needs these days is to not rock the boat too much. Zidane seems to fit that part of the job perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Villarreal give athletico Madrid an absolute beating tonight 3-0. Could have been more.

Goal Barcelona! Stunning ball by Iniesta in his own half to pick out a Suarez on the run and his touch was immaculate, as was his finish. 1-0

Espanyol have come out to be physical and aggressive, but the speed of their tackling has been bettered by the speed at which Barcelona have moved the ball. Pivotal to that has been Iniesta, it's been a masterclass of midfield play from the maestro in that half.

• Advertisement

That pass from Messi though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Quique Sanchez's face said it all there. Nothing you can do when Messi is in that kind of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Beyond incredible play by Messi for the second goal.

Goal! Magic goal! Iniesta is mesmerising but Messi is a ghost.

Oh my lord he's done it again! 2!! He's won the game in the space of a couple of minutes. The atomic flea has exploded. Watch this man play, nobody can tell me there's ever been a player this good. The greatest.

Incredible dribbling from Messi.
    Suxh a shame his shot was saved.

• Advertisement

Oh my lord! Give all the golden balls to whoever you want, watch this man play and you'll know there is only Messi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

the difference Iniesta makes is incredible. Magnificent stuff, criminally underappreciated player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Goal Barcelona! Stunning ball by Iniesta in his own half to pick out a Suarez on the run and his touch was immaculate, as was his finish. 1-0

Beautiful first touch by Suarez.
    Best striker in the world by a distance in 2016

Beautiful first touch by Suarez.
    Best striker in the world by a distance in 2016

In 2016 as a whole without a doubt. If you want to take an overall view too of the strikers playing at the moment, Suarez is the best.

In 2016 as a whole without a doubt. If you want to take an overall view too of the strikers playing at the moment, Suarez is the best.

24 hours makes a big difference.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101996294&postcount=1084
    Soectacular leap, great goal. You're watching Diego Costa in his prime, and he is, at this moment, the best striker on the planet. Fearsome.

I think it was obvious MisterAnarchy and me were both relating back to that post. Subtlety is not your strong suit. You've also left out the bit where I clarified that I meant Costa is the best striker in the world so far this season. Still, it's fun having my own right wing style media following me and distorting facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Go on YouTube and watch the individual highlights of Messi in that's game. Astonishing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That touch from Messi where he pushes down on the ball into the ground with his instep and up over a tackle is absolutely incredible touch and awareness in real time. He's done it before (my favourite goal of his at Zaragoza), but it's mesmeric to watch. Close control and then some.

Even slowed down in a gif for Suarez's second goal it's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Messi was bonkers last night

Could be a turning point in Barcelona's season.
    They were back to their brillant best last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

MD1990 wrote: »
    Could be a turning point in Barcelona's season.
    They were back to their brillant best last night.

They physically faded last year . May be an intentional slow start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dfx- wrote: »
    the difference Iniesta makes is incredible. Magnificent stuff, criminally underappreciated player.

Yes ,the midfield isnt the same without him ,he makes things tick .

When he was out missing the team were very sloppy in possession .
    Rakitic doesnt seem to be having a good season and the new guy Gomes ,is largely anonymous any time I see him play.
    They need to keep Iniesta fit .

That dribble by Messi for the 2nd goal was something special.

Espanyol manager Quique Sanchez Flores said after the game that it's hard to defend against a player that's capable of "stopping time."

Ossie Ardiles on twitter said
    Watched Barcelona play. MESSI. The very best player... Ever... By far. Simply a genius playing football.

Real Madrid can sign players in the Summer. Please post your shocked responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is why I cant stand Real.
    The decision highlights the injustice of the original ban imposed by Fifa, although the club regrets that the Cas lacked the courage to revoke the ruling entirely

Really nice goal from Bilbao there against Barca in the cup.

Barca all over the shop here, another great goal and it's 2-0.

Everything's fine, it's going great, no problems here, no, not at all.

Please god Umtiti is okay. :(

EDIT - looks like he was just trying to get a Bilbao player sent off, who did raise his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Johner wrote: »

EDIT - looks like he was just trying to get a Bilbao player sent off, who did raise his hands.

That was a nasty swing in fairness. Although I have no idea why the referee booked Aduriz there

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Not sure what you are seeing but it looked like a punch in the neck and Umtiti's reaction since coming back on confirms he isn't happy with Aduriz.

Advertisement