Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pique seems to have gone back to his old ways ,absolutely atrocious defending for that last goal.

4 goals conceded three times this season ,thats very worrying.

Very entertaining game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No one waxing lyrically tonight about Barca :(

Who is the new presenter on Sky ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Celta were just very dogged tonight. Hustled and harried from the off and never allowed Barca any comfort or time to think. No one could say otherwise.

Only complaint is starting Sergi Roberto. He is not of good enough standard and I'm surprised he is still at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great to see Barca hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Where is Andersonisgod????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

His head exploded after the refs screwed Barca over again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Aspas actually looked like the player Liverpool spent all that money for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He's switched to Bayern now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

When the sun sets over the Camp Nou and the last glimmer of light hits the gleaming silver of the Champions League trophy, then you will see me.
    When all that stands between a sea of white from engulfing the golden beaches of glory is 11 players wearing blaugrana, then you will see me.
    When the music has stopped playing and there is a little less merriment in the world, then you will hear me humming "El cant del Barca."
    When the last ball is kicked in the San Siro and the European football season has come to a close, then you will see me bask in the glory that is this great club, victorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A true supporter.

**** em when they lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

A true supporter.

**** em when they lose

Go 'Topes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

nice Suarez header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Didn't get to see the celta game, gutted. I thought they might win, not by that margin though.

Surely now there's an argument to be made for conceding penalties to Barcelona as a defensive tactic. 50% chance they'll miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Villareal vs Atletico is the game of the day.Villareal go into it as one of only 3 teams still undefeated and have made a great start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What a fecking miss from Ronaldo.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    What a fecking miss from Ronaldo.

Real were poor today ,couldn't score against a Malaga side with ten men ,who have failed to score a single goal this season.

Ronaldo tried to beat Carlos Idriss Kameni 13 times but he didn’t manage it.
    Indeed the Malaga keeper stopped Madrid from scoring for the first time in the last 56 games at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Rafa will probably be happy with another clean sheet though.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Villareal vs Atletico is the game of the day.Villareal go into it as one of only 3 teams still undefeated and have made a great start to the season.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

elefant wrote: »
    That's overdoing it a bit. Are they really that brilliant anymore?
    More than brilliant, I fear I've done them a grave disservice with that description. If last season they were rather limited in how they could attack, this season their squad is full of variety and quality. All of that under the leadership of the magnificent Diego Simeone and I would fancy this Atletico side against most teams in Europe.

We'll see how they do now. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to be not so 'more than brilliant'.

• Advertisement

Barcelona 2 nil down to Seville after 60 minutes.

Could be a cricket score if this continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is great fun, mon Sevilla :D

Barcelona back in the game with a farcical penalty decision.

Barcelona back in the game with a farcical penalty decision.

Joke of a peno.

That should have been two all.
    Cracking game now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Suarez should have had a penalty earlier so it evened out. Sevilla completely abandoned the style that got them into a winning position and were very lucky to hang on after dropping so deep.
    Barca looked pretty poor. Munir and Sandro are not at it really. First decent game by Neymar in a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Modric makes me want to be a better man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Prob wrong thread but will be in Madrid next Sunday and was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to watch the rugby?

Trying to get work to change my flights to Saturday so I can get the Real game in as well! ;)

10 minutes and I can't believe Barcelona aren't at least 2-0 ahead. Missed two one vs ones, but they've moved the ball very well and are creating havoc when pressing Rayo high up the pitch.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous! How have we left it 2 vs 1 from the short corns, how are we not already ahead?

Ridiculous! How have we left it 2 vs 1 from the short corns, how are we not already ahead?

The old failings from set pieces and aerial balls into the box have reappeared this season .

Tonight this is Neymar's Barcelona and he's brought the blaugrana back into the game. Those hypnotic feet of his and that turban charged change of pace which he cooly dispatches.

And now he's wrongly had a goal ruled out for offside.

So many chances here, what a game!

Neymar! Neymar! is the cry rising from the stands of the Camp Nou, Barcelona's genius has produced another moment of sheer brilliance to win the penalty and scoreally it again. He's stepping up for Barcelona tonight, he's the next great player for the Catalan club, he's the worlds next great player.

How has Neymar not been given a third penalty? It was absolutely stonewall.

AIG usually goes OTT. But Neymar has been sensational tonight. Some magical pieces of skill. Reminds me of Ronaldinho at his peak. A joy to watch.

MD1990 wrote: »
    AIG usually goes OTT. But Neymar has been sensational tonight. Some magical pieces of skill. Reminds me of Ronaldinho at his peak. A joy to watch.

I feel I've undersold his performance tonight and you've done it more justice with that comparison. When the time comes there's no doubt in my mind that Neymar can be the main man for Barcelona, he is sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Anyone know how to get tickets for Athletic Bilbao?

I'm in the Basque Country the bank holiday weekend and Bilbao are playing Gijon.

I just Googled 'Athletic Bilbao tickets' and sites like Viagogo are advertising tickets for €100+.

Is that the normal rate you'd be looking at?
    Can you buy tickets at the San Mames?

He's got dance moves, he's got skills, he's the best damn footballer on the planet whose name isn't "Messi" it can only be Neymar. 3rd and 4th goals scored, 4-1

• Advertisement

When he's not scoring he's creating. Neymar provides the perfect cross for Suarez to finish.

And here comes Douglas, what a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

He's got dance moves, he's got skills, he's the best damn footballer on the planet whose name isn't "Messi" it can only be Neymar. 3rd and 4th goals scored, 4-1

Are you serious? Or just on a windup? He's a great player but Ronaldo and Messi are on a completely different level to any other footballer in the world.

Are you serious? Or just on a windup? He's a great player but Ronaldo and Messi are on a completely different level to any other footballer in the world.

Far from a wind up. He's a very special player, probably the one who will next win the Balon D'or after Messi and Ronaldo and right now I'd have him over Ronaldo.

Don't think u realise how good Neymar has been. Better than Ronaldo in 2015 for me. Scored in both CL semi's & the final.

Far from a wind up. He's a very special player, probably the one who will next win the Balon D'or after Messi and Ronaldo and right now I'd have him over Ronaldo.

It has to be said Vallecano's tactics tonight were a bit kamikaze.
    They tried to fight fire with fire and while its admirable to see a team have a go ,constantly leaving 3 against 3 at the back against the likes of Neymar and Suarez is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It has to be said Vallecano's tactics tonight were a bit kamikaze.
    They tried to fight fire with fire and while its admirable to see a team have a go ,constantly leaving 3 against 3 at the back against the likes of Neymar and Suarez is madness.

That's Paco Jemez for you.

All or nothing. It's admirable in one way but lunacy in another.

Maybe the Ronaldo of 12 months ago, but he's gone off the boil since he won the Ballon D'or last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Anyone know how to get tickets for Athletic Bilbao?

I'm in the Basque Country the bank holiday weekend and Bilbao are playing Gijon.

I just Googled 'Athletic Bilbao tickets' and sites like Viagogo are advertising tickets for €100+.

Is that the normal rate you'd be looking at?
    Can you buy tickets at the San Mames?

Go to the stadium the day before the game and you'll get them no bother. Cracking atmosphere in the San Mames, you'll love it.

constantly leaving 3 against 3 at the back against the likes of Neymar and Suarez is madness.

And yet Bayern Munich tried it with Messi, Neymar and Suarez all in peak form. Baffling!:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3283762/El-Clasico-corruption-storm-linesman-claims-told-favour-Real-Madrid-month-s-clash-Barcelona.html

To seasoned La Liga viewers and those of us in the know this comes as no surprise, but to some on this thread who are a little too quick to throw about phrases like "tin-foil hat" this might be a bit of a shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3283762/El-Clasico-corruption-storm-linesman-claims-told-favour-Real-Madrid-month-s-clash-Barcelona.html

To seasoned La Liga viewers and those of us in the know this comes as no surprise, but to some on this thread who are a little too quick to throw about phrases like "tin-foil hat" this might be a bit of a shock.

For now I think it's best to view it as you would if it was the other way around, as yet unquantified claims that need to be properly investigated by an external party.

This could be anyone saying anything for their own individual reasons, but on the flip side even if this man is telling the story exactly how it happened, this will be very difficult to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As its the Daily Mail I wont even bother opening the link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement