Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Real's record gone now and title race has tightened up.

They were eeking out the results the last few month ,not playing well but winning.

You'd wonder if if Zidane wasnt a former Galactico and held in such high esteem would the fans not have given him stick earlier about the style of football his team have been producing.
    Its effective but its not really the Real way .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Title race back on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Barca have it won.

Boring.

Title race back on?

Not much of a race, Barca have been the only team in it from the start .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Barca have it won.

Boring.

Welcome back Cowboy Builder/Monkey.

• Advertisement

Barca have it won.

Boring.

What about Nadal ,I reckon he has the Australian Open wrapped up too ;)

What about Nadal ,I reckon he has the Australian Open wrapped up too ;)

:D

I see Real still have a game in hand, when do they play that one ?

Funny, LA Liga usually sort out this game in hand madness pretty quickly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Away to Valencia on the 22nd of February according to AS.

I'm about to quote avid Real Madrid fanatic Phil Kitromilides, please do not be alarmed.

He, correctly, says that in a seaaon where the Premier League is hailing itself as hosting the most competitive league that it's been in years, the top 6 in Spain (the 2 team mickey mouse league) are actually closer together and the race at the very top of the table is closer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So Sky has to find another slogan again for the epl then.....

The best league in the world
    The most exciting league in the world
    The most competitive league in the world

May i suggest... The most over-rated league in the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Alexis Sanchez involved in tax fraud while in Spain too. They love a bit of tax avoidance bordering on evasion in Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Alexis Sanchez involved in tax fraud while in Spain too. They love a bit of tax avoidance bordering on evasion in Spain

I think it's actually called Tax avoision ,according to Kent Brockman at least.

I dunno how many of you caught the game last night between Sevilla and Real Madrid but is it possible that Ronaldo's performance last night was one of his worst ever (at least since his first Balon D'or). I'm not exaggerating when I say that at times it bordered on comical and embarrassing. Everyone is talking about how poor Pogba was vs Liverpool but Ronaldo's display last night was on a whole other level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ronaldo was pretty cack.

Missed a sitter at 0-0 from about 6 yards too, usually his bread and butter. His passing and link up was poor too, Benzema was carrying him.

Sevilla deserved their win too, they were fantastic.

Real about to lose back to back games in what must be 2 years.

In truth theyve been awful tonight while the team is a pretty strong one.

Ronaldo has been truly invisible too but Real by and large have been very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Aspas has 13 goals in 13 games. Been superb this season.

Ronaldo has been awful so far in 2017. His general play dribbling,passing is so far away from what he was in his peak. Still a great goalscorer though.

So very atacking lineup from Simeone tonight. Carrasco, Correa, Gaitan and Griezmann all start tonight against Eibar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Barca a goal up. Penalty from Neymar.

Barca looking very bright here. 1-0, front 3 linking up very well.

• Advertisement

Barca looking very bright here. 1-0, front 3 linking up very well.

They got the monkey off their back there.
    It was Barcelona's first win there in 10 years .
    They had lost five and drawn three of their previous eight visits .

Real Sociedad had a few complaints about the ref last night and some players took to social media to whinge. Rakitic basically said they shouldn't be whingeing.

Anyone find it ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Voro back to rescue valencia from disaster yet again. The man is a miracle worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Osasuna V Sevilla is free on sky sports mix at the min for anyone who has it.
    They are also showing A.Bilbao V A.Madrid at 3PM which should be a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Osasuna V Sevilla is free on sky sports mix at the min for anyone who has it.
    They are also showing A.Bilbao V A.Madrid at 3PM which should be a good game

Sevilla came back to win it 4-3 and are now ahead of barca by 4 points and behind real by 1 point, both teams however have a game in hand on sevilla. What a season sampaoli is having, one to watch in the champions league?

More complaints about refereeing today from the Osasuna players in their match today against Sevilla. There was a foul on an Osasuna defender when Sevilla scored their third. Are Osasuna the victims of a conspiracy?

More complaints about refereeing today from the Osasuna players in their match today against Sevilla. There was a foul on an Osasuna defender when Sevilla scored their third. Are Osasuna the victims of a conspiracy?

No but Ramos scored another offside goal yesterday against Malaga. Ironically Barcelona had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside against the same opposition. Funny how often that happens eh?

What about the reffing in the Copa del Rey midweek? Barca seemed to get the better of that one.

What about the reffing in the Copa del Rey midweek? Barca seemed to get the better of that one.

Did they? I saw Messi getting dragged and kicked around the pitch for 43 minutes and the first yellow card the ref produced was for Messi! I saw Illaramedi complaining about the referee of Twitter but how he wasn't shown a second yellow card himself is beyond me, especially having seen pictures of his various fouls throughout the game.

• Advertisement

So the refs are making a lot of mistakes lately, like refs all around the world.

I also find it quite bizarre that a player from a team that complaing about refs will come out and dismiss the complaints of another team.

So the refs are making a lot of mistakes lately, like refs all around the world.

Seems to be that way. You know my opinion on officiating in this sport. You also know though that this is a country with a history of biased officiating so...

1-0! Denis Suarez with his first goal for Barcelona's first team! Great strike from outside of the box finds its way into the bottom corner. Messi, captaining the team, is the first to embrace him.

Still only 1-0 at half time, Barcelona have created several great chances but just haven't scored them. Messi in particular has created 3 incredible chances with 3 ridiculous passes but all 3 have been missed. Ahead, creating chances but not the best performance.

Goal Messi! He makes the goal by taking up possession in the opposition half, running at them, playing it to Suarez and his run into the box is perfect and there's no mistake with his finish. He's produced another masterclass of total football tonight, that goal is well deserved. The best ever.

3-0! Suarez is a powerhouse and he scores goals, that's why he's one of the best strikers of his generation.

• Advertisement

4-0 Neymar! Barça starting to gather a head of steam at the right time of the season. Messi in this form could be the only choice for MOTM but tonight's game was a good example of why, if you're trying to play possession football, you need a keeper who can build from the backs, Ter Stegen's play on the ball was exemplary, particularly at 0-0 when Eibar were pressing high. The German also made some excellent saves.

By the way, Ter Stegen attempted twice the number of passes tonight that Ronaldo did yesterday against Malaga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

No but Ramos scored another offside goal yesterday against Malaga. Ironically Barcelona had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside against the same opposition. Funny how often that happens eh?

Was at the Malaga game yesterday and thought the ref was doing quite well till he booked one of the Real players(Casemirro, I think), crowd got onto him big time after it n if a Real player hit the ground at all, he blew for a foul..

Does Ronaldo have it in his contract he cannot be subbed? He could barely walk when they took Modric off(who I thought was doing well) and then Benzema was taken off....
    Malaga def deserved a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Luis Enrique Spanish teams have always done better in the second half of their season. Barca have little margin for error though.

Would love if sevilla win the league. Are atletico going to struggle to make top four? They haven't looked convincing in any game i saw them in lately.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Luis Enrique Spanish teams have always done better in the second half of their season. Barca have little margin for error though.

Would love if sevilla win the league. Are atletico going to struggle to make top four? They haven't looked convincing in any game i saw them in lately.

I think Barca have a bit of hope but they have to keep it as tight as possible up to the Clasico and IMO, if they want to win the league, they'll have to win that, after that they have the following 5 fixtures left in the league.

Osasuana - h
    Espanyol - a
    Villarael - h
    Las Palmas - a
    Eibar - h

Real have the following 5 after the Clasico

Deportivo - a
    Valencia - h
    Granda - a
    Sevilla - h
    Malaga - a

Its still all to play for but Barca cant afford any more dropped points really.

Think Atletico under Simeone is coming to the end. This season has been a lot less convincing than previous years.

Some of the games I've seen of theirs this year against weaker sides, the ones where Madrid and Barca bang goals in for fun, have been very frustrating to watch and a lot closer than scorelines suggest. Yeah, they've been picking up points in those games but some of them have been painful to watch and have only ended up in a win or a draw because the other side couldn't capitalise. I'm thinking of the games against Betis, Espanyol, Eibar and Rostov off the top of my head. This would be fine if it was countered with better results in the big games but they haven't been raising their game sufficiently in those.

Add to that, Simeone reducing his contract, the constant speculation about Griezmann and the hangover from losing the CL again and I think it's going to take a huge effort to get back to where they were and frankly right now, I don't see the manager or the team willing to put in that effort.

Would love to see Sevilla go for it. They are such an exciting team to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Think Atletico under Simeone is coming to the end. This season has been a lot less convincing than previous years.

Some of the games I've seen of theirs this year against weaker sides, the ones where Madrid and Barca bang goals in for fun, have been very frustrating to watch and a lot closer than scorelines suggest. Yeah, they've been picking up points in those games but some of them have been painful to watch and have only ended up in a win or a draw because the other side couldn't capitalise. I'm thinking of the games against Betis, Espanyol, Eibar and Rostov off the top of my head. This would be fine if it was countered with better results in the big games but they haven't been raising their game sufficiently in those.

Add to that, Simeone reducing his contract, the constant speculation about Griezmann and the hangover from losing the CL again and I think it's going to take a huge effort to get back to where they were and frankly right now, I don't see the manager or the team willing to put in that effort.

Would love to see Sevilla go for it. They are such an exciting team to watch.

They are also moving ground next year, I think, which could also effect them.

2-2 in second leg of celta real game entering injury time.
    Real need a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Thought they'd push on after Ronaldo's serious free kick but they've struggled. Vigo playing some great stuff lately

Zidane under pressure now?? As bizarre as that seems He did say he was targeting a treble.

Ronaldo hit the post from 3 yards at 0-0.

His overall play again was sub-par.

The free kick was well hit but he was really poor.

I presume this wasn't on UK/Irish tv ?

The wheels seem to be coming off Real

I presume this wasn't on UK/Irish tv ?

The wheels seem to be coming off Real

Nope, think the final is on sky alright.

The wheels coming off Real Madrid's season, especially since Zidane and their media started to talk about the treble, is far too sweet.

The wheels coming off Real Madrid's season, especially since Zidane and their media started to talk about the treble, is far too sweet.

Thought they had got a fairly handy draw in champions league in playing Napoli but they are going very well at the moment. Reckon they will give Real a good rattle now.

Thought they had got a fairly handy draw in champions league in playing Napoli but they are going very well at the moment. Reckon they will give Real a good rattle now.

I like watching Napoli play, really good possession side though I'm not sure they'll have what it takes at the Bernabeu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement