Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

And what's your opinion on Griezmann's goal that was ruled out for being offside?

And that is the point AIG disappears.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

And what's your opinion on Griezmann's goal that was ruled out for being offside?

It's the wrong decision. Just like the Suarez sending off. Just like how Atletico's incessant fouling wasn't properly punished, just like how Messi's goal against Atletico on the final day of the season that would've won the league for Barca but was called offside thus giving the league to Atletico was wrong too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

They were the wrong decisions but you have to admit those blunders made a cracking match even more enthralling. :D Busquet's was the funniest of them all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's the wrong decision. Just like the Suarez sending off. Just like how Atletico's incessant fouling wasn't properly punished, just like how Messi's goal against Atletico on the final day of the season that would've won the league for Barca but was called offside thus giving the league to Atletico was wrong too.
    So historic bad decisions can now be used to balance out current bad decisions?

One bad decision is one bad decision too many. Balancing the books is a very dangerous practice to get into, especially if you start having to bring up incidents from years ago to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I once was told that referees are human too....
    Now i dont know about Spanish referees but a lot of human beings will eventually break when they get pissed on enough.
    You just cant keep moaning about decisions like Barcelona is doing and not expect there will be a few referees thinking: "So... you think we are screwing you? Let me show you what it is when you get screwed"
    And stuff like that water bottle incident a while ago, doesnt make them many friends either.
    They have a couple of great players but most of that squad should grow up a little.

• Advertisement

So historic bad decisions can now be used to balance out current bad decisions?

One bad decision is one bad decision too many. Balancing the books is a very dangerous practice to get into, especially if you start having to bring up incidents from years ago to do it.

Didn't I say the goal was wrongly ruled out? Odd though how in you only bring up that incident when in the same game a Barça player has been wrongly sent off and the Barça team have been given very little protection for 90 minutes against a fairly vicious Atletico side. One would almost think there is a bias to your posting on this game.

I've been posting about several poor refereeing incidents from recent weeks (Osasuna against Sevilla, Sociedad against Barca, Barca against Betis and the one last night). I am interested in looking at how the ref's have been performing.

The simple fact is La Liga refs make mistakes, as do refs all around the world.

However, there's only a handful of teams out there who come out and publicly make a big deal out of it, that's why I pay particular attention to highlighting anytime a poor decision goes in Barca's favour, which funnily enough they don't seem to comment on yet there's always hysterics when a decision goes against them. I'll freely admit that, it's not in any way hidden.

I didn't get to watch the match in its entirety. I've seen the highlights of the main incidents. The missed peno was a peno. I think Sergi Roberto's tackle deserved a yellow. We don't know what he said to get him a second one. I think Suarez's second was a foul. If you're on a yellow, you run the risk of getting sent off. I haven't seen the first tackle so I can't say anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Perez and Real Madrid up to their petty tricks yet again this year

"The Copa final cannot be played at the Bernabeu because there is work going on," Perez is quoted as saying by Marca. "Anyway, are there no other issues [to ask about]?"

It's becoming a bit tiring at this stage,they must be running out of excuses .
    Funny how they could host the final in 2013 ,when Real just happened to be playing Atletico .

It's their stadium. Knowing what the fans and those involved in the club are like, it's no surprise that they won't host a match between Catalans and Basques, especially when previous finals between Catalans and Basques have resulted in fans of both sides booing the national anthem. From a political point of view, something like that happening at their home is one of the most offensive things Real Madrid fans can imagine.

I don't think it's right, it's incredibly cynical but, from a Real Madrid point of view, he's playing to the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

But thats just the point. Until you were confronted directly about the offside goal you only focused on decisions that went against Barcelona. Even in your post that I'm quoting now you went off course talking about decisions that went against Barca in the past that you believe gave the title to Atletico.

Are you telling me that no decision went against Atletico Madrid over the entire course of that season which may have cost them a few points? Or what about the Barcelona Chelsea Champions League Semi-Final in 2009. Did the decisions made by the referee that night give the title to Barcelona?

Honestly you seem deluded with these conspiracy theories. You obsess over all the decisions that go against your team. But if you took some time to look at refereeing overall and calls that have gone against other teams you'd see that these things tend to balance themselves out over the course of a season.

• Advertisement

Barca tearing Alaves apart but Aleix Vidal has suffered a very nasty injury, looks like a broken ankle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

he had been working himself into the team too, 2 goals and 5 assists. Not even a yellow card for it I think......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

definitely a broken ankle for Vidal judging by the pictures on Twitter

It looked like a fairly innocuous challenge, more like a collision between the two.

Just seen Theo apologising for it there on the telly. He looks quite impressive too, as much as one can be in a side that loses 6-0.

Impossible not to enjoy the verve of the Las Palmas attacking play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

What a goal that was by Fernando Torres tonight for Atletico Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What the fúck has happened to Atleti?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysis, some strike by Carrasco!

Incredible volley from Carrasco.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Absolute cracker of an equaliser

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    What the fúck has happened to Atleti?

Nevermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha! Literally just tuned in ! two goals in a few minutes!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Highly entertaining if nothing else!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well that was an eventful last 20 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some beating for Barca tonight, looked really poor.

Gameiro with a five minute hat-trick to save Atleti's blushes away to Sporting.

Could be a record too, think Villa has the record for a similar time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great piece of skill from Williams. Poor finish though.

Goal! Messi! Messidependence rolls on!

Chants of Enrique ring around the Camp Nou, some whistling of those chants. Tense situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

edward-r-murrow-by-bobedwardsradiodotcom.jpg

The Luis Enrique chants grow louder but so too do the whistles. The match tickets, the match programmes and the screen say the opponent tonight is Leganes but the true battle tonight is in the stands and in the minds of every Barça fan.

Disgrace and farce! An absolute shambles in every way. Messi bails them out with his goal. Ter Stegen bails them out with some big saves. The whistles shower the players as the half comes to an end.

Ter Stegen again!! Huge save! He's saving goals and he's saving Enrique's job.

Goal Leganes, the whistles have turned to shouts of outrage, the tension has turned to pure anger. This cannot continue. This club is being robbed of itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

What a week. The league and champions league are over for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Silly penalty to concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just about to scrape the win. Great penalty from Messi after good work by Neymar.

Messi! Talk about a pressure penalty, he hammers it in. He's saved Barcelona again, like he's saved them all season.

Messi's lack of celebration with the penalty tells you all need to know about the current state of the Barcelona setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This Barcelona team is a shadow of what we have seen in the recent past. They're just scraping through games on individual ability rather than teamwork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Messi has been bailing Barcelona out all season. Andre Gomes is stealing a living in that team.

Burial. wrote: »
    Messi has been bailing Barcelona out all season. Andre Gomes is stealing a living in that team.

As I've seen others say tonight on Twitter, the funny thing is that Messi is having one of the best seasons of his career and yet even that isn't good enough to carry this team. That should tell you all you need to know about how much of a mess it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Andre Gomes must have some dirt or leverage over Luis Enrique. It's the only explanation. I get it that he's got great ability and has lots of potential for Barca and should be given time to adapt but right now he is almost constantly in the wrong place. Sid Lowe's quote about Alex Song comes to mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I was under the impression he was signed to keep him away from Madrid...maybe Enrique actually had plans for him and specifically wanted him. Either way it's a colossal waste..

It's a shame as he's an incredible player. He had some magnificent performances for Valencia last year. I didn't expect to immediately become a key player at Barca but I did expect him to do better than what he's done so far.

I really think Barca just signed him and Alcacer to further damage Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sevilla shouldjust take him (on loan) next season and Sampaoli will make him a great player again.
    See what he did with Nasri en N'zonzi there.

• Some goal by zaza

Zaza!!! Devastating! What an incredible goal that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Nice one. Didn't realise this game was on.

Goal!! Lightning counter! Nani's pass is perfect, Orellana runs onto it and finishes through Navas. Great start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement