Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• S.M.B. wrote: »
    Nice one. Didn't realise this game was on.

Madrid defending has been bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Goal!! Lightning counter! Nani's pass is perfect, Orellana runs onto it and finishes through Navas. Great start.

You should work for Flashscore with your OTT "as it happens" style commentary..

"Goal! Nani displays great vision and sends a pass to Fabian Orellana (Valencia), who shows brilliant composure inside the box to bury the ball into the back of the net. The score is 2:0."

I see there is a Busquets playing for the Barca youth team at the mo against Dortmund (2-1 Barca), who is exact same build, plays same position etc but is no relation. I think Arsenal want him but doubt Barca will let him go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You should work for Flashscore with your OTT "as it happens" style commentary..

"Goal! Nani displays great vision and sends a pass to Fabian Orellana (Valencia), who shows brilliant composure inside the box to bury the ball into the back of the net. The score is 2:0."

I see there is a Busquets playing for the Barca youth team at the mo against Dortmund (2-1 Barca), who is exact same build, plays same position etc but is no relation. I think Arsenal want him but doubt Barca will let him go

This has all been one prolonged audition.

I wouldn't be surprised. It seemed unthinkable that the club would sell Grimaldo and not have Samper in the first team squad yet but this board is truly awful, particularly where La Masia is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Some header from Ronaldo... Should be a good second half

Penalty not given. Zaza pounces on a Varane mistake and Carvajal barges into the back of him. Poor call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Should have been a pen to Valencia. Real get the rub of the green again

2nd penalty denied. Ramos on Munir. Are you surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

2nd penalty denied. Ramos on Munir. Are you surprised?

No. Barca and Real always get the benefit of the doubt against the other 18 clubs.

elefant wrote: »
    No. Barca and Real always get the benefit of the doubt against the other 18 clubs.

If only....

Anyway Ronaldo 2nd freekick in a row to smash into the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Real are dead right not putting the ball out when a player is down with cramp. I hate when a team does that, it's one of my footballing pet peeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That certainly makes things interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barca handed a life line, although they way theyre playing, they'll f**k up down the line.

Both Real and Barca have a wobble in them, more so Barca on this years evidence so far, maybe Sevilla could sneak in, unlikely but would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

elefant wrote: »
    Voro back to rescue valencia from disaster yet again. The man is a miracle worker.

Really amazing turn around. Voro does it again.

Yes! Great result for Barça, brilliant heart shown by Valencia. They were excellent going forward in the first 20 minutes and had steel to see it through to the final whistle. Have to say Cancelo is an absolute superstar, awesome display by the right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Great result, delighted with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Barca have the league won ... another treble most likely for them this season .... snoozefest...

Barca have the league won ... another treble most likely for them this season .... snoozefest...

Real Madrid still the overwhelming favourites to win the league. But this result does give Barcelona some hope and maybe a boost going into the Atletico match at the Calderon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Getting very interesting now. Could see Barca winning it.

Sevilla have dropped some stupid points and that will cost them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I have to say, if Barca win it, it will be one of Messi's great achievements.

If they do it, he'll have dragged them kicking and screaming.

Theres no hope of them turning over that 4-0 loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

would love for sevilla to win the league it is exactly what the league needs just like the premier league with Leicester last season

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres no hope of them turning over that 4-0 loss.

Bookmark it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Bookmark it

Bet365 have Barca 10/1 to qualify.
    If you are so convinced they will over turn it, you might as well make some money of it.

It is not that that 4-0 happened because Barca had 3 men sent off after 10 minutes. They were played off the pitch.

inforfun wrote: »
    Bet365 have Barca 10/1 to qualify.
    If you are so convinced they will over turn it, you might as well make some money of it.

It is not that that 4-0 happened because Barca had 3 men sent off after 10 minutes. They were played off the pitch.

ill stick a tenner on them so ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

ill stick a tenner on them so ...

If it isn't too much trouble can you please put a screenshot up of the betting slip after you've made the bet.

If it isn't too much trouble can you please put a screenshot up of the betting slip after you've made the bet.

Was thinking the exact same thing ...
    will do ..

32257152643_369e7d4dca_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I thought the bet was going to be on the Treble?

Also only 8.5/1 on a team trailing 4-0 is awful odds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's definitely annoying that Barcelona win two very tough games at Sevilla and Valencia, Madrid lose both of them and were behind in the Nou Camp and still Barcelona are not in pole position.

There have been far too many slip-ups to lesser teams (something I believe only happens in the Premier League :) ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Surely bigger odds then that? I expect 12/1.

Barca can pull it off but at those odds no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Surely bigger odds then that? I expect 12/1.

Barca can pull it off but at those odds no thanks

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/barcelona-v-psg/to-qualify

Better odds than 8.5 at Coral for Barca to score 5 or more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It's amazing how being an internet hardman gives rise to stupidity in real life.:D

I really dont know how anyone thinks this Barcelona team can pull off that comeback. Lucky to beat Leganes during the week.

If Barca line UEFAs pockets with a few Christmas party incentives, maybe a dodgy red card or two might swing this in their favourite but in reality, they havent a hope.

I dont even think they'll manage to beat PSG on the night.

take the cash out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Barca might score 4 but they won't keep a clean sheet. Back line and goalkeeper are powderpuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

No chance they'll score 4. Could be another 7-0 rout or worse ala Bayern 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Take that cashout and buy yourself a nice pint of common sense.

Yes ****e odds , but I can't use other betting apps in Spain ...

• Advertisement

It's amazing how being an internet hardman gives rise to stupidity in real life.:D

eh ?

I may be an idiot in real life - but internet hardman ??

wha ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Soler should score

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Seville derby today, can't wait. Betis really need a win and Sevilla are doing great at the top of the table. It's in el villamarín so hopefully home advantage will help los verdiblancos. I hope ****ing petros keeps his head and doesnt get sent off. Anyways viva el betis manquepierda!!

What a save Alves

Soler!!! Great composure on the rebound.

Zaza is so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Betis up one nil and are all over Sevilla. They should be definitely up by two. Sevilla look knackered. Durmisi is playing great.

Big day at the top of the Liga. Barcelona go away to Atletico, if by some miracle they emerge victorious then the pressure on Real Madrid will be cranked up massively. They travel to El Madrigal to play Villareal, which is a tough task.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Big day at the top of the Liga. Barcelona go away to Atletico, if by some miracle they emerge victorious then the pressure on Real Madrid will be cranked up massively. They travel to El Madrigal to play Villareal, which is a tough task.

It'll be a "miracle" if one of the best teams in Spain beat another team?

It'll be a "miracle" if one of the best teams in Spain beat another team?

With Mathieu at left back? Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I've never liked Sky's on screen graphics for La Liga this season. It's so crude looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement