Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

How is that a penalty!!! Handball for anything these days if you shout loud enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Farce of a penalty decision, yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Think it was a peno ref has got all the decisions right for me tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

callaway92 wrote: »
    Another handball peno . . Very harsh AGAIN

See them given all the time these days.....its not a conspiracy for Madrid to win otherwise they wouldn't be 3-1 down at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Real Madrid get their penalty! Look at that handball! Who would give that except a La Liga official in favour of Real Madrid?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sergio Ramos goal imminent

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

They are given the world over....maybe not thru your eyes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

NIMAN wrote: »
    See them given all the time these days.....its not a conspiracy for Madrid to win otherwise they wouldn't be 3-1 down at home.

No you don't. Hands were in at his chest. Awful decision man. . Wouldn't be a Barca fan before you jump to assumptions.

Real Madrid get their penalty! Look at that handball! Who would give that except a La Liga official in favour of Real Madrid?

Come on dude they've sent off bale dissowled a goal there's no bias.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Sergio Ramos goal imminent

Bank on it

• Advertisement

They are given the world over....maybe not thru your eyes though.

City literally had 4 very similar appeals not given tonight. 1 was even blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Bloody hell.

The refs are giving them free corners! This is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wow, great header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theyre gonna win this arent they

What a header

callaway92 wrote: »
    No you don't. Hands were in at his chest. Awful decision man. . Wouldn't be a Barca fan before you jump to assumptions.

Have you seen bad penalty decisions being given in every league on TV?

Answer is yes, because bad decisions are made. Its no great conspiracy is my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

World class header from that position .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really don't like Madrid but they have incredible bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't have any affiliation with Madrid but I would laugh my "ss off if they got another late controversial penalty here!!! This thread would go into overdrive!

What a game this is

How is that not a Las Palmas free kick.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Really don't like Madrid but they have incredible bottle.

No they don't, they have all the refs in their pocket don't you know.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    How is that not a Las Palmas free kick.

Conspiracy, duh

Genuinely Serie A at the height of the match fixing scandal that engulfed the league never had a 7-8 minute period like this.

• Advertisement

How is that less of a penalty than the handball?

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Conspiracy, duh

Sorry, I don't frequent this thread too much, is it a conspiracy in favour of Real or Barcelona ?

Pure farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The best player in the world does it again!

Navas cost them the 3rd goal but made 3 or 4 brilliant saves tonight to keep them in it.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming we are referring to the La Liga officials because they've essentially decided this league.

I love Ronaldo but his days as the best player in the world are gone.

He is the best goalscorer in the world.

Well at least they dropped 2 points. What a cracking game. Las palmas have been great to watch this season but really should have seen out that game and got the win.

It was a farce of a penalty to Madrid but do think they were unlucky on an offside call earlier in second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Should the title of this thread be called Real Mardid Conspiracy thread at this rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Not the biggest fan of Ronaldo, and he's been playing like pants for a while now, but I swear I've never seen a player with better heading ability than him. His leap and ability to get so much power and accuracy is nuts. That's a stunning header he got tonight.

Should the title of this thread be called Real Mardid Conspiracy thread at this rate?

It'd nicely sum up the league this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

It seems rich for Barcelona fans to groan about refereeing decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No they don't, they have all the refs in their pocket don't you know.

They did'nt have the ref in their pocket tonight. He sent Bale off and blew time at 93.02, disregarding the Palmas delaying tactics which made up about 2 more minutes.

The conspiracy seems to be forgetting that real had a perfectly good goal dissowled for offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It was a penalty, he has his hand out, turning his head or not his hand is out and is in an unnatural position. Not that hard of a decision to be honest. If any other team including Barca were awarded that it would be a footnote of an award decision, because it's Real it's controversy. Not even mentioning the wrongly disallowed goal.

Great point in the end though. Las Palmas were a joy to watch as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Shove your conspiracy theories, it's all bull, referee handled the game well, even for the dodgy Madrid penalty he took his time and it was the linesman that looked to make the all.

Amazing entertainment. Its going to be an amazing couple months coming up.

They did'nt have the ref in their pocket tonight. He sent Bale off and blew time at 93.02, disregarding the Palmas delaying tactics which made up about 2 more minutes.
    sky88 wrote: »
    The conspiracy seems to be forgetting that real had a perfectly good goal dissowled for offside

None of that talk around here. ........

For some reason in Spain, they always blow the final whistle right on the end of additional time. They never add anything extra even if there are injuries or in this case blatant time wasting.

La Liga refs always blow it up exactly on the minutes to which they've added, you basically never see them go above the allotted added time (something which is far more common in England.)

I will say la Liga in general is so much more entertaining to watch than the premier league

There was no conspiracy tonight.

Real were brutal at the back and very wasteful upfront.

Las Palmas were equally as guilty of missing chances and just as culpable at the back.

Was very entertaining though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Once Real went 1-3 down you knew the pressure was in the ref to make sure they got something. He had made a balls of things for them. Real aren't used to a ref calling decisions against them correctly. Then he just remembered his instructions and voila.

If the game ran another 2 minutes it was 4-3 and he got his full bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I will say la Liga in general is so much more entertaining to watch than the premier league

It's almost a different sport, it's so open, end to end stuff.

I've seen a good bit of premier league football this season and most of the matches have been crud.

That was a thoroughly entertaining match tonight.

Seriously, this thread is on the verge of developing into a train wreck soon with this conspiracy obsession sh1te. I would nearly give the Man United thread more credibility at the moment (Ps, I am a United fan, that thread is just an abyss of nonsense)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

No contest. Much higher standard of football, where mid table teams don't just park the bus against the big 4 but actually play them. Plus typical Spanish hostile games and hatchet players always makes for good viewing

Advertisement