Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Messi has had a brilliant season??? Not sure what you are getting at here!

The change in formation is a fairly recent thing.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Both those decisions should have gone the other way but they were difficult calls for the ref as opposed to more conspiracy theory evidence.

Suárez should have scored late on.

Not saying it is, just saying that I doubt we'll be seeing too many petitions or "refs favour Depor" things flying about the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not saying it is, just saying that I doubt we'll be seeing too many petitions or "refs favour Depor" things flying about the web.
    I feel your pain. The same sh*te was directed at fergies united for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I will say that the corner Depor scored from to win it wasn't a corner and I don't know how a handball wasn't given late on against Depor but I wouldn't want to talk too much about referees.
    Was that where the Depor player was deliberately holding his hands behind his back and the ball was blasted into his shoulder?

Missed the replay of the corner for Depor's goal but earlier on there was a clear corner that Depor should've gotten that wasn't given, hence the ironic cheers any time Depor got a corner for the remainder of the game. Also, Suarez was a step ahead of the defence for that chance he had late on, though no call was made by the lino. Had it gone in, it would've been harsh on Depor.

Real Sociedad had a seemingly decent goal ruled out today in the Basque derby while there were some poor calls in the Atleti match last night. Another week of poor decisions across the board in La Liga, not just in Barca's game.

Was that where the Depor player was deliberately holding his hands behind his back and the ball was blasted into his shoulder?

Missed the replay of the corner for Depor's goal but earlier on there was a clear corner that Depor should've gotten that wasn't given, hence the ironic cheers any time Depor got a corner for the remainder of the game. Also, Suarez was a step ahead of the defence for that chance he had late on, though no call was made by the lino. Had it gone in, it would've been harsh on Depor.

Real Sociedad had a seemingly decent goal ruled out today in the Basque derby while there were some poor calls in the Atleti match last night. Another week of poor decisions across the board in La Liga, not just in Barca's game.

You've conveniently left out the part where he moves that part of his body towards the ball. If he doesn't do that then it doesn't hit his arm, then the ball goes in the box. It's deliberate handball well disguised.

Again, not sure where I said there wasn't poor decisions elsewhere, just that I do wonder if the same people so vehement that the referee aided Barcelona in mid week would say that the referee did the opposite today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

So this morning Barca were 100% certain of winning La Liga

Now they are 99.999999999999999999999999999% certain of winning La Liga

Carry On.

I can't find any clear definition from official sources of what counts as hand. I guess its open to the referees interpretation but the shoulder is definitely not the hand.

It may be sneaky and "unsporting" to move that part of the body towards the ball but it doesn't hit his hand or anything near his hand. Its clutching at straws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Is the shoulder considered part of your arm for handball purposes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great game between Barca and Depor.Real have to take advantage of this tonight.

A team fighting relegation beating a team challenging for the title.Results like this only happen in La Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

When you live by ref decisions you die by ref decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Great game between Barca and Depor.Real have to take advantage of this tonight.

A team fighting relegation beating a team challenging for the title.Results like this only happen in La Liga.

very very very irregularly. Teams in bottom 3rd of PL table take just as much, if not more points from the top third of PL table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I can't find any clear definition from official sources of what counts as hand. I guess its open to the referees interpretation but the shoulder is definitely not the hand.

It may be sneaky and "unsporting" to move that part of the body towards the ball but it doesn't hit his hand or anything near his hand. Its clutching at straws.
    It's hand or arm so anywhere below the shoulder and this is exactly where the ball connected.

I thought it should have been a penalty but its very much open for interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

very very very irregularly. Teams in bottom 3rd of PL table take just as much, if not more points from the top third of PL table.

Results like this ONLY happen in La Liga. Best league in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The difference being in Spain the weaker teams actually try to play football against the bigger teams as opposed to England where they park the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh wow that is awful refereeing

Really dodgy decision to make tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Navas should be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Horrific decision. Betis and the lower level clubs never get anything against Madrid and Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Howler from Navas.

Betis 1 up.

hahahahaha

what a joke, such a fixed league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Navas with Polo mint hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Just saw it there. He threw the bloody thing into the net! Wonder had he much staked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

15 big minutes coming up

ebbsy wrote: »
    15 big minutes coming up

yeah ... huge ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sergio Ramos will score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He is something else.

• Advertisement

RAAAMMMMOOOOOSSSSSSS

Turtwig wrote: »
    Sergio Ramos will score.

you were 2 minutes early :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fix!

great save, but sure that what he is paid millions for! #perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I still cant work out what the ref was thinking with the Navas challenge in the first half. Hes no more than 10 yards away and theres enough clear contact there too.

It was a shambles of call.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I still cant work out what the ref was thinking with the Navas challenge in the first half. Hes no more than 10 yards away and theres enough clear contact there too.

It was a shambles of call.

He bottled it plain and simple.

Has the Navas decision convinced anyone yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

its really just a big team bias that refs have just like the any other league barcalona have got plenty over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well if La Liga refs are in Madrid's pocket, then Champions League refs must be in Barcelona's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Here you go again with the "Ref favour Madrid" conspiracies...

Yet you seem to have blatantly ignored the huge calls that went in Barca's favour last week against PSG.

I put this to you twice in the Champions League thread and got no response. It seems you're more than willing to bury your head in the sand when it suits you. In case you forgot what I said here it is again:
    Firstly this isn't me being anti Barcelona. I was delighted to see PSG get knocked out and any team that can't hold onto a 4 goal advantage certain don't deserve to progress in the competition.

But there's been a lot of talk lately in the La Liga megathread about how officials favour Real Madrid and are doing their best to prevent Barca from winning the title. And let's face it, most of these posts have come from AndersonIsGod. Minutes after a questionable decision that he see as anti-Barcelona he's onto Boards making all sorts of claims about conspiracies.

Yet not a word from him since the game on Wednesday night about all the decisions that went in favour of Barcelona.
    - The 2nd penalty which I still don't think was a penalty. The first one was a correct call though IMO.
    - The penalty that wasn't given to PSG for Mascherano's tackle on Di Maria.
    - Neymar kicks Marquinhos which was a legitimate sending off offence.

I've said it before that I don't buy into these notions of big conspiracies in football. Decisions balance themselves out over the course of a season usually. I just find it a bit pathetic when people shout and rave about officials being out to get them when a decision goes against their team, yet blatantly ignore wrong decisions when it favours who they support.

It's convinced me that you are very inconsistent when it comes to your own team getting the benefit of any doubt when it comes to big decisions. I didn't see one word from you regarding the PSG penalties and even the Mascherano incident or Ter Stegen's dive to win the free. I don't think anyone should be expected to take conspiracy theories seriously if the person spouting them won't at least speak up when their own team benefits from referee bias (and I'm referring to many an instance in La Liga as well where Barca have benefited, not just CL)

Your attention may naturally be drawn more so to decisions which leave your team at a disadvantage - and we all do such, sure why would we moan about our team earning a last minute penalty to win invaluable 3 points- but in every single league nowadays "big" teams will be cited as getting the big decisions. England, (Man Utd for YEARS) France, (PSG..) Italy (look at what happened in the Juve match Friday...it won me 550 quid so I'm not complaining at all but AC Milan players were justified in trashing the dressing room after the game))

Maybe Madrid have benefited more this year in Spain but balancing the decisions and counting the points that teams should be on is pointless .. no pun intended! )
    The problem is big teams in big stadiums with so much at stake will almost always have a referee bias, as tiny as it may be, in favour of them)
    I'll gladly watch every second of the Valencia game next Sunday and I'm willing to bet you anything Barca will be awarded more unjustifiable decisions than Valencia are.Whether a corner, a yellow card ignored, even a bloody penalty, who knows!)
    I'll watch the Madrid Alaves game then, the next time the former are at home and it will be similar.

What I'm saying is, the bias isn't in favour of Madrid, it's in favour of the big team and Barca benefit similarly but maybe haven't calculably benefited as much as your nemesis.

But they certainly benefitted and have many times in the past in the CL but you went into your shell regarding that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Well if La Liga refs are in Madrid's pocket, then Champions League refs must be in Barcelona's.

Refs all over Europe are incompetent this season. Some of the lousy decisions in some games in England, Italy & Spain makes me wonder if all of it is on purpose.

Didn't Madrid have a legit goal disallowed yesterday?

Turtwig wrote: »
    Didn't Madrid have a legit goal disallowed yesterday?

But sure didn't they get a corner that they shouldn't have or something!

Here is the Ronaldo "offside" that led to his goal being disallowed.

Comments? Barca fans will inevitably ignore or find an excuse.

C6yG0hxXUAAyDhu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Are we going to get a reply from Andersonisgod or must we wait for another decision to go the wrong way for Barca?

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Are we going to get a reply from Andersonisgod or must we wait for another decision to go the wrong way for Barca?

Of course not. And he is active on Boards at the moment so no excuses!

Of course not. And he is active on Boards at the moment so no excuses!

Well I was watching a match so tough to comment too much during that and now Man Utd Boards are in the mix too.

In time you will get the response you seek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

But sure didn't they get a corner that they shouldn't have or something!

Here is the Ronaldo "offside" that led to his goal being disallowed.

Comments? Barca fans will inevitably ignore or find an excuse.

With calls that close the broadcaster has a roll to play as well.
    In the Netherlands it is really no secret FOX has a preference for Ajax.
    So when Feyenoord scored the 0-1 away to Roda which was one of those very close calls every replay they showed they used below frame for "the moment of offside".

715-d9mfok7.jpg

Till someone finally stopped the video the right moment:

715-ydmmvbs.jpg

Feyenoord player closest to the goalkeeper got out of the way before Kuyt struck the ball so the off side complaints were never about him.

But when it is so ****ing close, can you blame referees they are wrong every now and then?
    And this above situation is also why i dont have 100% confidence in video referees. Which frame is he going to use?
    I am definitely a fan of goal line technology as there are only electronics at work so always neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Well I was watching a match so tough to comment too much during that and now Man Utd Boards are in the mix too.

In time you will get the response you seek.

People just want you to acknowledge the blatant decisions that have gone in favour of Barca if you're going to continue to blow out of proportion decisions that have benefited other teams? Seriously, do you even watches these matches or just form opinions from comments/reports you read online?

People just want you to acknowledge the blatant decisions that have gone in favour of Barca if you're going to continue to blow out of proportion decisions that have benefited other teams? Seriously, do you even watches these matches or just form opinions from comments/reports you read online?

I watch a crazy amount of football, Barcelona more than any others. Again I will get to the comments on the previous page, I've been sidetracked elsewhere and now I have to log off for a bit but, in classic Terminator fashion, I'll be back.

No need for preparing us for a big long winded response! It is ovious you have a manipulative spin for every time Barca get a bad decision in favour of them or even decisions that go against Madrid, rare as they are! So personally that does not interest me! You clearly avoid acknowledging these, this much is true, so my posts above were more rhetorical than anything else!

Reports in Spain linking Valverde and Unzue, Enrique's second in command, to replace Enrique. Unzue I can kinnnnnnnnd of understand but I was under the impression Barca were looking to move away from the pragmatism of Enrique. Valverde would be an interesting choice to say the least. Delighted for him if they go that way but will they really?

More worryingly though who will bilbao get to replace him? I think it's widely accepted he's leaving anyway.

Atletico showing how much different of a task they will present Leicester than Sevilla.

Sevilla continue an very bad run while AM continue their upward trajectory and closing in on overtaking the former. Barca away coming soon for Sevilla and the Madrid derby not far off either.

Madrid and Barca's upcoming fixture lists are kind of ridiculous. El Clasico sandwiched between their UCL quarters.

Atleti definitely on better form than Sevilla but Sevilla's drop in form must be alarming. They'd be really poor by their early season standards of late and you have to wonder if fatigue from the intensity Sampaoli wanted them to play at is a factor or if teams simply have them figured out. Perhaps being out of Europe might help them a bit?

• Advertisement

Was at the Atleti game today and I was shoked at how poor Sevilla were. In the first half, they didn't seem interested whatsoever. They also had a very cynical edge to their gane, bending the rules as much as possible. Atleti played well but it was all too easy for them.

It was an absolute delight to see Griezmann in the flesh. He's such a hard-worker with an incredible footballig brain.

Once again, some very poor refereeing. I was right in front of the free for the first goal and from what I saw, the defender got his head to the ball. Ref was oretty poor throughout, gave plenty of very soft decisions.

Advertisement