Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

2 Suarez penalties not given.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

2 Suarez penalties not given.

First one a certain penalty, second one though was never. But the first one :eek:

Well thats the game over now :pac:

Suarez goal!! Delightful lob over Ochoa in no mans land. Suarez has been at his menacing best tonight.

Without wanting to go too far, Busquets has been typically imperious in that opening 45. He's one of a kind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

irishman86 wrote: »
    First one a certain penalty, second one though was never. But the first one :eek:

the first one was as blatant as the save on the line at Villarreal. He was hanging off Suarez..

Great ball by Alba, Ochoa came out but the ball slowed up with the spin and he was caught out.

Goal!! 2-1! It's Alcacer getting onto a lobbed pass and finishing like the predator he is, I've been impressed every time I've seen Paco, he's a good buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Imagine not giving a penalty for that on Suarez....

Imagine that response we're awaiting on the talking's bread's psg's game post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Goal!! 2-1! It's Alcacer getting onto a lobbed pass and finishing like the predator he is, I've been impressed every time I've seen Paco, he's a good buy.

his second of the season! Predator indeed!!

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

his second of the season! Predator indeed!!

hqdefault.jpg

He's not gotten the chances this season but he's excellent. 3-1! Deserved result. Here comes Alena.

He really hasnt. He was bought imo to help with the quota for Spaniards :pac:

Great football! 4-1! Neymar the main man, and he gets his goal. He's the best player in the world, aside from Messi.

Did anyone see the Sevilla Sporting game today? How did both sides play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Turtwig wrote: »
    Did anyone see the Sevilla Sporting game today? How did both sides play?

I did see that one.
    I just woke up from it.

Sporting parked several BE busses, since there are not using them anyway and Sevilla couldnt break them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I've got very few words to describe how enjoyable it is to see Busquets captaining Barcelona tonight.

And despite your previous claims that you would give an opinion you've got even less to say about the refs decisions in the Barca PSG game.

• Advertisement

Barça are red hot here tonight, it's a game where MSN are full pressing which tells you everything about its importance. 8 minutes of champagne football and the ref missing an obvious penalty for Barcelona. When they play like this Barcelona are a level above every other team in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Dirty from Pique there

Barça are red hot here tonight, it's a game where MSN are full pressing which tells you everything about its importance. 8 minutes of champagne football and the ref missing an obvious penalty for Barcelona. When they play like this Barcelona are a level above every other team in Europe.

You REALLY are ridiculous. Would you not just drop the b#sh1te and conspiracy theories and enjoy the game. There are times I enjoy your posts but give the penalty cr!p a rinse off. Every team gets penalty denied, it is part and parcel of football.

AND YOU KNOW IT

I am out of this thread if that is the type of stuff you want to harp on about every game!

And yes this is a tantrum ;);)

Madrid Derby and El Classico with a sandwich filler of Bayern Munich for Real over the next 3 weeks! Big!

You REALLY are ridiculous. Would you not just drop the b#sh1te and conspiracy theories and enjoy the game. There are times I enjoy your posts but give the penalty cr!p a rinse off. Every team gets penalty denied, it is part and parcel of football.

AND YOU KNOW IT

I am out of this thread if that is the type of stuff you want to harp on about every game!

And yes this is a tantrum ;);)

I wouldn't harp on if they weren't denied what seems like a stonewaller once a game now. It's something that goes beyond the sport.

• Advertisement

Leaving the ref aside, this is the best Barça have looked in this new 3-3-1-3 since Enrique started using it. Work has clearly been done on spacing in training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Overhead kick from Saurez. Brilliant stuff!

Goal! Magic goal Suarez! Messi storms down the right, his cross is deflected, it sits up and Suarez lobs the keeper with an overhead kick, the world's premier number 9 is razor sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was ruthless, no stopping that end result!

Goal! Messi! MSN combine, Suarez with the square ball instead of shooting from that angle is so clever. Barcelona are so hot there's steam rising from their bodies into the Camp Nou air. This is Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I can hear Alan Partridge screaming "Another!" right now.

Goal! Messi! 3-0! Barça are putting Sevilla to the sword in the most Barça way possible. Stunning volley by the greatest footballer ever. This is the football display of the season.

That was the best 45 minutes of football this season. They've not reached it often this season, but Barça have a level within them that's simply higher than any other team are capable of. You could argue the 3 best players on earth are Barcelona's forward line. Going on this evidence, a lot of work has been done to iron out the wrinkles of Enrique's 3 man defence formation and that is awful news for every other team on Europe because this is a side who could win it all this season.

Suarez offside for the third goal I think. Sevilla were trudging around looking like they want to go home towards the end of that half.

dfx- wrote: »
    Suarez offside for the third goal I think. Sevilla were trudging around looking like they want to go home towards the end of that half.

Which is probably fair. When Barça start with their rondos all over the pitch you know as the opposition it's time to go.

• Advertisement

Turning over to the Chelsea vs City game now but that 66 minutes was a little slice of football heaven tonight, can't say enough how much I enjoyed that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Monchi is leaving as Sevilles Sporting Director in the summer.
    He will be a huge loss both for Seville and Spanish football in general.
    Will be interesting to see where he goes,Roma are favourites but he has had offers from England too.

Turning over to the Chelsea vs City game now but that 66 minutes was a little slice of football heaven tonight, can't say enough how much I enjoyed that performance.
    You should be watching the Leganes Real match ,its an absolute belter.
    I had the Chelsea match on for a while but turned it off, typical Premier league rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

You should be watching the Leganes Real match ,its an absolute belter. I had the Chelsea match on for a while but turned it off, typical Premier league rubbish.

Great to see Real like this. An absolute joy. None of that stifling possession ****.

Real and Barca's fixture lists for the coming few weeks are awful.

Sevilla really do look in a bit of a rut at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep, Sevilla really need a win on Saturday otherwise i see my "Sevilla finish top 4" bet coming in danger.
    But seeing their last 2 home results against "park the bus" teams..... i fear another 0-0

How are people still falling for Marcelos spin.
    Oblak the best goalie in the world, If De Gea goes to Real in the summer, United need to get him
    OMG SAVIC!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Cracking game going on here.

Oblak is a beast, I never thought he'd develop into the keeper he has.

Late challenge there by Savic on Ronaldo, lucky not to get a card.

• Advertisement

Oblak is a beast, I never thought he'd develop into the keeper he has.

Late challenge there by Savic on Ronaldo, lucky not to get a card.

Biased refs :pac:
    If I was a club, Id stalk Atleticos goal keeper scouts. They havent missed in years. Even the goalie that was a sub for them is a quality number 1 for Villarreal

Ah balls ,I was looking forward to watching the Madrid derby later ,feck these crappy 3pm kick offs .

irishman86 wrote: »
    Biased refs :pac:
    If I was a club, Id stalk Atleticos goal keeper scouts. They havent missed in years. Even the goalie that was a sub for them is a quality number 1 for Villarreal
    At picking young keepers, they're great but they always sign crap backups. Aranzubia and Moya give me nightmares.

Griezmann!

At picking young keepers, they're great but they always sign crap backups. Aranzubia and Moya give me nightmares.

They sold the back up to Villarreal a few seasons ago. Think most keepers know they wont get games over Oblak. Great goal

Asenjo is a really good keeper but between injuries, de Gea and Courtois he struggled to settle at Atleti. He was a big prospect when he was originally signed.

He's done very well at Villarreal, such a shame with the injuries he's had, think this is the third time he's done it.

Look at the energy of Griezmann, still chasing everything down when we're in injury time. He's an incredible athlete too.

• Advertisement

Barcelona need to capitalise tonight at Malaga and then it's in their own hands again.

Horrible offside call against Barça.

And here comes the annual "Kameni transformation into Super-Neuer" that he does twice a year against Barcelona without fail.

Senor Gil doing his thing, surely one of the very worst of a bad lot of Spanish officials.

Insane pass by Messi, Gomes does not finish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement