Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mathieu is awful, I mean truly deeadful. A player who has kind of stumbled his way into a Barcelona jersey. Him and Gomes in the same team + Senor Gil, Kameni and La Rosaleda is an awful combination of things. 1-0

I really can't emphasise enough just how bad Gil is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I really can't emphasise enough just how bad Gil is.

That's not like you. You're pretty well rehearsed at this stage

Bridge93 wrote: »
    That's not like you. You're pretty well rehearsed at this stage

Ordinarily yes but Senor Gil is a different level entirely.

If the first half against Sevilla was one of Barcelona's best 45 minutes this season then that first half was one of the worst. The rotation has come at the wrong time, Mathieu is an invitation for the opposition to have a real go at Barcelona, and I'm not sure what Andre Gomes does, if any Barcelona coach can find a use for him at this club then that coach is a genius and should have a job for life. Time to get Iniesta, go to 3 at the back cos Mascherano at right back does not work. Umtiti a 1 man backline. Awful.

That could easily have been a second yellow

Gomes going out of his way to wreck Messi's incredible work. Hilariously Barça currently have more yellow cards than Malaga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barca currently throwing away a great chance to put pressure on Real.

Drop points here and its all in for the UCL.

Suarez should have scored 1 of those 2 chances.

Bye bye La Liga.

Neymar with one of those WTF challenges that you dont have to make.

• Advertisement

And there it is! Senor Gil ladies and gentlemen! Doing what it is he does, Barça have been poor but Gil tonight has played his part in that. Disgraceful officiating, no surprise though, it's been like this all season.

That's embarrassing from Umtiti

Bridge93 wrote: »
    That's embarrassing from Umtiti

Alba got a yellow in the first half for the same thing. Silly ref, silly incidents, simple as.

And there it is! Senor Gil ladies and gentlemen! Doing what it is he does, Barça have been poor but Gil tonight has played his part in that. Disgraceful officiating, no surprise though, it's been like this all season.

It was a clear as day second yellow, borderline straight red too.

Perfectly good Malaga goal ruled out now. This is chaos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Two dodgy calls for Barcelona in the space of two minutes

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It was a clear as day second yellow, borderline straight red too.

He's running at full pace and he's pulled out of any challenge, there's no studs, there's no dangerous play. The first yellow is for, as Dermot Corrigan put it, tying his laces provocatively. The height of ridiculousness.

Senor Gil doing his thing, surely one of the very worst of a bad lot of Spanish officials.

He has been terrible since I turned over to the game. I give out about refs in Ligue one all the time, but they really arent any worse than La Liga

irishman86 wrote: »
    He has been terrible since I turned over to the game. I give out about refs in Ligue one all the time, but they really arent any worse than La Liga

Malaga free to kick and hack at Barça players all night, Barça have more yellow cards than Malaga!

• Advertisement

Not arguing with you, but that was a defo yellow. He had to get a decision right eventually

Malaga free to kick and hack at Barça players all night, Barça have more yellow cards than Malaga!

Ah come off buddy, we all know Barcelona are the Stoke of La Liga :pac:

One penalty missed each now

Its a penalty! It's a penalty! Senor Gil it's a penalty! He's given a freekick! He's given the title to Madrid!

Its a penalty! It's a penalty! Senor Gil it's a penalty! He's given a freekick! He's given the title to Madrid!

What are your views on malagas legitimate goal ruled out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You are pathetic! Not a mention of the Malaga onside goal disallowed of course!

You are pathetic! Not a mention of the Malaga onside goal disallowed of course!

Looked like handball to me. And tough to talk about anything when our player is sent off for tying his laces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just saw the sending off, definite second yellow but a straight red for that is mental, I feel the ref got a bit mixed up and just forgot to show the yellow first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I've enjoyed the game. Spirited performance from Malaga.

Didn't check in here until now though as I wanted to saviour all the faux outrage and selective incidents being highlighted whilst others are ignored or brushed aside. It's always enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

lassykk wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the game. Spirited performance from Malaga.

Didn't check in here until now though as I wanted to saviour all the faux outrage and selective incidents being highlighted whilst others are ignored or brushed aside. It's always enjoyable

I have to say I feel sorry for the other Barca fans here who probably have to put up with stuff not of their own making through lack of sane discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Chokers! Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

BOOM :D. VAMOS MALAGA. HALA MADRID.

• Advertisement

Barça have 7 leagues in 9 seasons, incredible achievement in any league. In this league, when you see the officiating they receive tonight and all season, their recent success is a genuine miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Corholio wrote: »
    I have to say I feel sorry for the other Barca fans here who probably have to put up with stuff not of their own making through lack of sane discussion.

Yeah, have to agree with you. Must prefer the French super thread. Great updates without the ridiculous commentary. I do enjoy the humour in this thread but wouldn't if I was a barca fan who wanted to discuss the match

Chokers! Fantastic stuff.

Chokers....7 leagues in 9 seasons, 4 Champions League trophies in the 21st century.... chokers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Brendan rodgers for barcelona

Camacho, 7 fouls, 1 yellow card. Neymar, one tied lace, 1 yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh dear

Camacho, 7 fouls, 1 yellow card. Neymar, one tied lace, 1 yellow card.

I need to get a video of this, its driving me up the wall that I missed it.

I need to get a video of this, its driving me up the wall that I missed it.

The score is 0=0, it's 20 minutes gone in a game Barcelona are looking to win, and he books Neymar for tying his lace, claiming time wasting. Look at that second half, look at some of the blatant time wasting and notice not a single yellow card was produced for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

The score is 0=0, it's 20 minutes gone in a game Barcelona are looking to win, and he books Neymar for tying his lace, claiming time wasting. Look at that second half, look at some of the blatant time wasting and notice not a single yellow card was produced for it.

Turn the sprinklers on them.

Malaga deserved winners. Ref pretty poor with the more of the major poor calls going against Malaga. Of course they won't be mentioned, wouldn't expect them to be.

• Advertisement

What I'll also say is it's hilarious that Sandro Ramirez was Malaga's star man and matchwinner tonight, on a night where Mathieu, who was deemed better than Bartra, and Gomes, deemed better Samper, both started. More than that, it's side-splitting that an academy product has, partly, cost us the league when, for years, this board has systematically been DESTROYING La Masia. Gomes for big money, Mathieu for big money and neither are anywhere near the level to wear the Barcelona shirt. Thiago sold, Grimaldo sold, Bartra sold. You sell players with Barca DNA, you bring in faux galacticoes and you're shocked when it's hit or miss as to whether you'll see a true Barcelona performance or not. In a way, it's beautiful that a lad from the Masia has brought the club to it's knees.

I kid you not, if Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi were coming through the academy under this current regime at least 2 of them would be loaned out to relegation threatened clubs and one of them wouldv'e been sold already. If you don't give these guys a chance, if you don't give them the opportunity to develop in the correct environment then guess what? They never develop! Sergi Samper should be an absolute superstar by now, the kid should be tearing it up like Weigl is at Dortmund, you know why he's not? Cos he's never gotten the chance to! Are you surprised that Grimaldo is a full back being rated as 40 million? You shouldn't be, he's a fantastic talent that realised that his only chance to develop would be away from this Barcelona. The systematic destruction of our youth promotion has come back to bite us tonight in the most bitterly disappointing way imaginable.

I saw the second half, that he was horrific both ways. Ill have a look on reddit someone will have a video up about it

I saw the second half, that he was horrific both ways. Ill have a look on reddit someone will have a video up about it

He's an awful official, with a dreadful track record, the moment I saw him walk onto the pitch I groaned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Don't worry AIG, Barca will win another treble this year ..... again ... snoozefest.

Heres a little bit of probability for ya :

After Madrid drew Barcas chance of winning La Liga : 99.999%

Now .... 99.998%

FACTS

Carry on ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turns out it was just a second yellow for Neymar, he'll be available for the Clasico.

Chokers....7 leagues in 9 seasons, 4 Champions League trophies in the 21st century.... chokers.....

Oh I'm sorry, I mean chokers in regards to points won today. They have zero points won today.

Because they lost.

Turns out it was just a second yellow for Neymar, he'll be available for the Clasico.

Not necessarily.

The referees report also notes that he sarcastically applauded the officials as he walked down the tunnel.

This is expected to carry an additional 1-2 games.

Which is delicious.

He's an awful official, with a dreadful track record, the moment I saw him walk onto the pitch I groaned.

While I agree with you regarding the ref, having seen the yellow card for the shoe tying, I personally would probably have done the same. He could have easily tied his shoes anywhere. Instructions like that come from above

Oh I'm sorry, I mean chokers in regards to points won today. They have zero points won today.

Because they lost.

They lost today, but that's ok because all teams lose sometimes and no team can win every trophy. Ultimately though, in this century, Barcelona win more than any other club, it's the club of the 21st century and we've more than enjoyed the success. Champions, and winners.

• Advertisement

They lost today, but that's ok because all teams lose sometimes and no team can win every trophy. Ultimately though, in this century, Barcelona win more than any other club, it's the club of the 21st century and we've more than enjoyed the success. Champions, and winners.

Again, referring only to games won today, they're tied for worst in the world.

Advertisement