Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Seems very unfair scheduling for Real and Atletico having to play the derby right before they each play in a champions league quarter final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Seems very unfair scheduling for Real and Atletico having to play the derby right before they each play in a champions league quarter final.

??? The fixtures were drew up almost a year ago! Or am I missing something here. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Again, referring only to games won today, they're tied for worst in the world.

That's good, I'd hate to think you're calling this group of players bottlers, or inferring that this club is a fallen superpower no longer capable of competing at the very top level.

• Greizmann a joy to watch yesterday
    Pity about the awful commentating on Bein Sports USA :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Don't worry AIG, Barca will win another treble this year ..... again ... snoozefest.

Heres a little bit of probability for ya :

After Madrid drew Barcas chance of winning La Liga : 99.999%

Now .... 99.998%

FACTS

Carry on ...

Seriously, what's the point of these posts? Such a load of rubbish.

Honestly between nonsense like the above and the over the top, delusional foyboyism of another, a small few are really taking away from what used to be a very good thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

??? The fixtures were drew up almost a year ago! Or am I missing something here. ....

A certain someone (I won't name names) used to regularly believe that Barcelona used to have more difficult fixtures around champions league matches compared to Real Madrid and that this was part of a conspiracy by the Spanish FA to stifle Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pity about the awful commentating on Bein Sports USA :/

Ray Hudson I presume ?
    He is funny to listen to for a few minutes but 45 minutes of him would fry your brain ,the guy just never shuts up ,and the stuff he says is off the wall .
    The Sid Waddell of football commentary .

Re Neymar tying his laces ,I saw that in his previous 2 games he changed his footwear inside the opening ten minutes of both matches.

It briefly left Barcelona down to 10 men and also led to allegations on social media theorists that it could be a marketing ploy because TV cameras pan to him changing his footwear.

Was tying his laces the latest stunt ,if so it has misfired badly for him and Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Seriously, what's the point of these posts? Such a load of rubbish.

Honestly between nonsense like the above and the over the top, delusional foyboyism of another, a small few are really taking away from what used to be a very good thread.

Have you no sense of humour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

They're not even remotely funny.

You are only humouring yourself though! And if that is your sense of humour, you really shouldn't be questioning others re theirs! The idea of a joke is to humour others, not just yourself!

The thread is a trainwreck at the moment with nonsense like this and the conspiracy theories!

• Advertisement

:D come on, it's always good to have a little banter on the thread ..

You are only humouring yourself though! And if that is your sense of humour, you really shouldn't be questioning others re theirs! The idea of a joke is to humour others, not just yourself!

The thread is a trainwreck at the moment with nonsense like this and the conspiracy theories!

Important to remember that Senor Gil is the same ref that gifted Real Madrid points against Celta Vigo and Villareal. You call them conspiracy theories, I call it an inconvenient truth.

Important to remember that Senor Gil is the same ref that gifted Real Madrid points against Celta Vigo and Villareal. You call them conspiracy theories, I call it an inconvenient truth.

Funny the way you call a conspiracy against Barca, when they always get so much "help" from referees in the UCL.

Funny the way you call a conspiracy against Barca, when they always get so much "help" from referees in the UCL.

Real Madrid literally won a CL final last season thanks to an incorrect officiating decision yet all anyone talks about on here is how refs "help Barça" in Europe, a notion that is woefully wide of the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Real Madrid literally won a CL final last season thanks to an incorrect officiating decision yet all anyone talks about on here is how refs "help Barça" in Europe, a notion that is woefully wide of the mark.

But the ref did help Barca against PSG...

Barca without Busquets for the first leg against Juventus. Rakitic, Iniesta, Roberto and surely not Gomes as midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

And here you are back to talking about other clubs again. I'm sure the majority of logical Real fans (and football fans in general) will acknowledge when their club have benefited from poor refereeing. But you completely ignore these decisions when they happen in favour of Barcelona. Why is that? The PSG game is a perfect example. A number of huge calls by the ref favoured Barcelona and hugely helped swing the result in their favour. But you have failed to acknowledge any of them. Doing so doesnt take away from my opinion that PSG deserved to get knocked out for playing the way they did on the night.

And we all know you still wont comment on that game. Or you'll make a vague remark about addressing that game another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Glad Sevilla is back to winning matches and entertaining me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bridge93 wrote: »
    What are your views on malagas legitimate goal ruled out?

No response as if the incident never even happend, I'm sure everyone here is shocked about that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sad to hear Giuseppe Rossi suffered another bad ACL injury.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Sad to hear Giuseppe Rossi suffered another bad ACL injury.

That's his fifth serious knee injury.
    The other 4 were on his right leg ,this time its the left ACL.
    2 ACL,1 medial collateral ligament and 1 medial meniscus on the right leg.

The poor guy was crying on the sidelines ,it must be heart breaking having all these injuries and being out for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

The poor guy was crying on the sidelines ,it must be heart breaking having all these injuries and being out for so long.

Such a talented lad, but I think like many it may be time for him to call it a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Tony Adams manager of Granada.

Baffling

Unearthly wrote: »
    Tony Adams manager of Granada.

Baffling

Baffling 100% but still good to see a british guy trying something different. Hes a bit of a traveller our Tony

So disheartening, and his mentality on the pitch each time when he comes back must be seriously warped.

I know the emotional effects of long term injuries and fair enough one is grand, part and parcel, two, well you get a bit p1ssed off but any others must be depressing for him and bordering on total paronia everytime he takes the pitch, especially given its his career and he is known more for his injuries for a lot of fans than his actual talent, even though it is afair statement to make that the player would be one of the best forwards in the game had he avoided even half the damage.

Ive done my ACL twice, tore my meniscus and in recent weeks sprained both my ankles, within 6 weeks of eachother, one not too bad but still enough to prevent me playing for 4 weeks, but the other incorporated tendon damage on my left one and now I can't even go for a run for 2 months minimum. It is all very disheartening so attempting to channel my situation somewhat with that of a top class professional footballer I can't imagine how the guy is feeling today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Neymar suspended for the Clasico as expected.

Argentina sacked Bauza.
    Sampaoli favourite to replace him.

inforfun wrote: »
    Argentina sacked Bauza.
    Sampaoli favourite to replace him.

That could be the least shocking news in football, the whole country wanted him gone. Dont know will Sampaoli suit the egos of Argentine football, some of the AFA are borderline mafia

Sometimes even "leaders" have to listen to the people in order to maintain their own position.

So appoint Sampaoli and the people will be quiet for a while.
    Sampaoli isnt that different from Bielsa as the Chilean FA already found out. Annoy him enough and he ll leave. Dont need to sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Monchi and Sampaoli going will really hurt Sevilla.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Sometimes even "leaders" have to listen to the people in order to maintain their own position.

So appoint Sampaoli and the people will be quiet for a while.
    Sampaoli isnt that different from Bielsa as the Chilean FA already found out. Annoy him enough and he ll leave. Dont need to sack him.

If the AFA listened to the people Bauza would never have gotten the job in the first place

I don't want to get into it too much at the moment but a 3 game ban for Neymar is truly the cherry on top of the s**t cake that has been authorities and officials interactions with Barça this season. Disgusting.

I don't want to get into it too much at the moment but a 3 game ban for Neymar is truly the cherry on top of the s**t cake that has been authorities and officials interactions with Barça this season. Disgusting.

It is a standard ban. Rules of the game. You knew it was coming. It applies to EVERY player. Grow the f up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Red card plus insulting ref is 1+2 games ban. Won't stop your conspiracy **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Giggsy11 wrote:
    Red card plus insulting ref is 1+2 games ban. Won't stop your conspiracy **** though.

Its funny that he is on about conspiracy theories here & in the Champions League thread loads are on about all refs favour Barca both are as bad as one another tbh. :rolleyes:

Serie A thread is full of refs favouring Juve, I've seen Celtic fans go on about how refs favour Rangers, there used to be talk of not getting penos at Old Trafford and Fergie Time and in LOI circles for years, it's been claimed that Dublin teams get lots of favours.

It's also funny that fans of clubs who aren't the Big Two in Spain complain that you never get decisions against Barca and that refs favour them as well as Madrid.

Fans moaning about refereeing bias has been going on everywhere and forever. La Liga and Barca are nothing special in that respect.

• Advertisement

Going to be a busy summer again for Barca I think.

With the Arsenal fans turning very much on Bellerin would you blame him for asking for a transfer to Barca given the latter's desperation to fill that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Serie A thread is full of refs favouring Juve, I've seen Celtic fans go on about how refs favour Rangers, there used to be talk of not getting penos at Old Trafford and Fergie Time and in LOI circles for years, it's been claimed that Dublin teams get lots of favours.

It's also funny that fans of clubs who aren't the Big Two in Spain complain that you never get decisions against Barca and that refs favour them as well as Madrid.

Fans moaning about refereeing bias has been going on everywhere and forever. La Liga and Barca are nothing special in that respect.

You make it sound like it's all one big conspiracy that has never once taken place. Whatever about Barcelona, referee and governing body bias certainly does (at least did) exist. You don't have to look much further than our own Belfast Celtic and what they had to put up with, and yes, to a lesser extent Glasgow Celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It is a standard ban. Rules of the game. You knew it was coming. It applies to EVERY player. Grow the f up.

Excuse me if I am incorrect but wasn't Reals dear old CR7 facing a 3 game ban ahead of a Clasico last year or the year before and miraculously RFEF decided a 2 game ban was sufficient?

Kieran Richardson, released by Cardiff a while back, and Nigel Reo-Coker, without a club since he left an MLS side in January 2016, are both on trial at Granada.

I don't know what to make of it. I can't imagine either of them making an impact on La Liga, even when they were at their peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kieran Richardson, released by Cardiff a while back, and Nigel Reo-Coker, without a club since he left an MLS side in January 2016, are both on trial at Granada.

I don't know what to make of it. I can't imagine either of them making an impact on La Liga, even when they were at their peak.

Tony Adams has said the squad are too foreign, I'd still be unsure of what to make of it all but it seems it'll end terribly!

• Advertisement

"Too foreign", lol. So throwing two more foreigners into the mix is going to help?

At least he doesn't have much of a reputation to damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Real without their usual front three get a last minute winner to maintain their six point lead at the top.

Champion form.

Real without their usual front three get a last minute winner to maintain their six point lead at the top.

Champion form.

Please Please Please tell me it was as a result of an offside decision moments after Gijon were denied a penalty!

I doubt it though as this thread is very quiet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Didn't get to see any of it, just following the scores.

Please Please Please tell me it was as a result of an offside decision moments after Gijon were denied a penalty!

I doubt it though as this thread is very quiet ;)

Have a read of this so ,it should keep you busy for a while.
    http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-refereeing-decisions-which-have-gone-madrids-favour-this-season-5759794

I read it in just over a minute...

I guarantee you if you done a similar pedantic account of every top team around Europe who dominate games and create most chances and score the most goals, you will get a similar result. You do know how football works, don't you?? The more you are in and around the area, the less likely decisions will be accurate. I guarantee you there is a similar line of inconsistencies that went against Madrid also, like every team

This was clearly drawn up by some similarly obsessed Barca fan and maybe if you actually review the video footage more than half of these will be fair decisions "in the human eyes of the referee". Remember, he only gets one glimpse, often obstructed and has no benefit of replay footage and the attacker generally will get the benefit of the doubt.

I could not be arsed doing or even searching out a "decisions that have went Barca's way this season" list but if you don't believe that they also have many game altering decisions their way, this season

But as I said, go through all video footage of each incident and tell me, at firsthand how bad the "32" were collectively.

That should keep you busy for a while.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think it's incredibly difficult to deny that this season Real Madrid have had a rather significant rub of the green in terms of officiating decisions. Often in games, where the balance of the play was actually against them. This happens in sports, sometimes you get lucky. I don't believe there's a grand conspiracy. That said, if it continues again next season then it would be food for thought and further analysis.

• Madrid winning it in the 90th minute
    Sign of champions

I read it in just over a minute...

I guarantee you if you done a similar pedantic account of every top team around Europe who dominate games and create most chances and score the most goals, you will get a similar result. You do know how football works, don't you?? The more you are in and around the area, the less likely decisions will be accurate. I guarantee you there is a similar line of inconsistencies that went against Madrid also, like every team

This was clearly drawn up by some similarly obsessed Barca fan and maybe if you actually review the video footage more than half of these will be fair decisions "in the human eyes of the referee". Remember, he only gets one glimpse, often obstructed and has no benefit of replay footage and the attacker generally will get the benefit of the doubt.

I could not be arsed doing or even searching out a "decisions that have went Barca's way this season" list but if you don't believe that they also have many game altering decisions their way, this season

But as I said, go through all video footage of each incident and tell me, at firsthand how bad the "32" were collectively.

That should keep you busy for a while.....;)

All I know is that a few seasons ago when I used to watch more La Liga matches than I do now that it was literally impossible for a team to get a penalty against Real Madrid .
    It was actually becoming a joke as in some matches there could have been numerous penalties awarded ,and I'm talking stonewall penalties .

Then Real would go down the other end and the ball would hit off an opposition players chest and a penalty would be awarded or a Real player would dive and a penalty was awarded.
    You could almost predict what was going to happen.

Now I'm not as up to date this season and sure there would be more contentious issues for the big teams but from what I have seen this season Real Madrid are getting away with alot of dodgy decisions especially in their own penalty box .

Zidane has them winning matches and they are tough to beat ,they have good heart.
    The football isn't as easy on the eye but it is effective,no doubt of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great header a deserved 2-1 lead,
    Please hold on Gijón

• Advertisement
Advertisement