Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In fairness a 2 or 3 match ban for the tackle wouldn't have been unfair. However the argument with the Neymar one doesn't hold up because he was banned for something outside of the pitch, disrespectful to officials is a big no no whether we agree to it or not. It was just very silly from Neymar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Messi, again. Is that his 49th or 50th of the season?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Barcelona will destroy Osasuna tonight. 4 or 5 nil be my guess. Wont be a slip up tonight
    Even Gomes scoring

irishman86 wrote: »
    Barcelona will destroy Osasuna tonight. 4 or 5 nil be my guess. Wont be a slip up tonight
    Even Gomes scoring

It is half way over.

And Gomes scored before your post!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

48th goal for Messi I think. I would've had Mascherano more likely to score than Gomes. First 30 minutes he didn't look out of place in a walking pace game against relegation doomed Osasuna.

It is half way over.

And Gomes scored before your post!

I know thats why I edited it :D to included even he scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What are the odds that the referee in the Deportivo match will take centre stage tonight .
    How many penalties will be incorrectly awarded or stonewall penalties not given.
    How many offside goals will be allowed,how many onside goals will be disallowed.
    I wonder does Joey Barton bet on these sort of things .
    Tune in at 8.30 for more fun and games .

I know thats why I edited it :D to included even he scored

Ah, I thought you meant you didn't know it had started and were"predicting" he would score!

Ah, I thought you meant you didn't know it had started and were"predicting" he would score!

Haha no I leave being a gambling expert to others

Osasuna grab a goal!

And then Gomes gets another as I write it!

• Advertisement

Haha no I leave being a gambling expert to others

For some of these "others" you refer to, I reckon expert should read "expert", if you get my drift!

Osasuna grab a goal!

And then Gomes gets another as I write it!

3-1 Hello Arsenal game :pac:

MASCHERANO SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a penalty!

What are the odds that the referee in the Deportivo match will take centre stage tonight .
    How many penalties will be incorrectly awarded or stonewall penalties not given.
    How many offside goals will be allowed,how many onside goals will be disallowed.
    I wonder does Joey Barton bet on these sort of things .
    Tune in at 8.30 for more fun and games .

AIG does it better.

AIG does it better.

He will be along soon ,I'm just keeping the seat warm for him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

100 goals in 34 games. Ping pong scores.

Edit to say it's gone 7-1. 101 scored

3-1 Hello Arsenal game :pac:

Big comedown going from that Barcelona game to Arsenal ,fine steak to dog food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Hyacinth Bouquet calling around to Onslow's!

Give me a competitive battle over a one way game any day!

• Advertisement

Nah I love watching Barcelona but once it gets past 3, if theres anything else on Ill watch it. I enjoy close games more

2 Nil to Madrid, back to Arsenal we go

2 Nil to Madrid, back to Arsenal we go

Dortmund Munich on as well!! Lots of goals, so watching that now.

3-2 Dortmund, Dembele just scored a cracker!

Off side goal at Real, I think!!!

ha!!!

Off side goal at Real, I think!!!

ha!!!

I dont think it will make a massive amount of difference. Isco really should have played against Barcelona, hes magic

With 9 changes it was a risk but Real were very impressive tonight. Should have been 5 up at half time. Varane playing 90 minutes is a big boost as well.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    With 9 changes it was a risk but Real were very impressive tonight. Should have been 5 up at half time. Varane playing 90 minutes is a big boost as well.

Two dodgy calls by the ref aswell, they should have had 8. La Liga reffing is beyond horrible

Madrid were impressive ,but Deportivo were abysmal.
    Their defence was a shambles ,they could have conceded 12 tonight .

Strangely enough the keeper made some great saves but he also left in a few soft goals ,he saved the ones he had no right to and left in the ones he should have saved.

Madrid were impressive ,but Deportivo were abysmal.
    Their defence was a shambles ,they could have conceded 12 tonight .

Strangely enough the keeper made some great saves but he also left in a few soft goals ,he saved the ones he had no right to and left in the ones he should have saved.

Its to easy to say Deportivo were abysmal, it happens to often when Barcelona/Real came to town. They are just that good.
    I agree with the keeper though, Casemiro looked embarrassed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

MASCHERANO SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a penalty!

A cultured sidefoot strike...it wasn't.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Madrid with a lucky escape today. Over to Barcelona this evening!

• Advertisement

Great goal from Marcelo to win it. Would have been more comfortable only for Alves's penalty save. Deserved win overall though.

Amazing stat that Alves has saved 24 of the 49 penalties he has faced in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great goal from Marcelo to win it. Would have been more comfortable only for Alves's penalty save. Deserved win overall though.

Amazing stat that Alves has saved 24 of the 49 penalties he has faced in his career.

I'd say with such an impressive record at this stage there must be a huge mental factor to it all and players taking penalties against him have almost missed before they even taken the penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

He's 3/4 against Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Yes! Goal! Suarez! Awful mistake by Juarado to pass it to Suarez who keeps his head and slots it in. 1-0. Big goal.

Genius Messi! He picks it up in the centre circle and he cant be stopped, he slips it to Rakitic who passes the ball into the net. 2-0, Barca are going back to the top of the league.

Goal! Messi has turned it up this half and Espanyol simply can't rise to his level. Suarez scores, 3-0 and Barcelona are at it.

Goal! Messi has turned it up this half and Espanyol simply can't rise to his level. Suarez scores, 3-0 and Barcelona are at it.

It must drive you insane the sloppy losses they had. I know you have said it before but under a better manager they would not have lost/drew some of those

Not long to go in La Liga now as we enter the final two weeks of the campaign.
    With three points separating the top two its all to play for.

Real's remaining fixtures are

Saturday May 6 – Granada (A)
    Sunday May 14 – Sevilla (H)
    Wednesday May 17 – Celta Vigo (A)
    Sunday May 21 – Malaga (A)

Barcelona's remaining fixtures are

Saturday May 6 – Villarreal (H)
    Sunday May 14 – Las Palmas (A)
    Sunday May 21 – Eibar (H)

Madrid undoubtedly have the more difficult run in .
    Seville ended Real’s 40 match unbeaten run back in January, Celta have already beaten Real and Barcelona this season ,and Malaga have won five of their last six league matches.

Granada's United Nations team of mercenaries managed by Tony Adams are already relegated so should not pose any problem .
    Never the less it could be car crash tv with Adams in charge and a first 11 comprising 11 different nationalities ,none of which are Spanish.
    Could Adams pull off a huge upset ?

Barcelona would seem to have a straight forward enough run in ,with their most difficult match against Villareal who are chasing the final Champions league spot .
    Villareal havent won at the Nou Camp in 10 years though .

Enrique will be galvanising his players for the last three league matches of his Barcelona management career and I think that they will win all their remaining matches.
    Zidane has instilled a never say die in this Real team ,but they have also benefited from a large slice of luck in their campaign when it comes to refereeing decisions.
    Will Zidanes luck run out ?

One thing is for sure, there will be lots of suitcases of cash going round in the coming fortnight and there is many a slip twixt cup and lip .
    It will be essential viewing.

Goal Barca! Big Goal! Better pokes it in off an msn break. Tough to break down Villareal but Barca have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great early goal from little neymay

Hala barca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

1-1

Gol gol gol Messi

Genius Messi! Incredible goal. Incredible timing of the goal. Possibly an incredibly important goal. Barcelona's ace in the pack, he's come up trumps again.

For any other player, that'd be considered one of their career highlights, one of their greatest goals considering the technical brilliance of it and the importance of it. For Messi, it's just another goal, it's what Messi does, he makes the extraordinary almost mundane.

Neymar to only have ten goals really shows just like Ronaldo with Bale how far he is away from coming close to Messi.
    Messi/Ronaldo have a poor season when they score 30 goals and maybe 15 assists
    When they are gone and the top scorer is back scoring 20 goals a season and 30 is something amazing everyone will realise just how much better than the rest they are

Genius Messi! Incredible goal. Incredible timing of the goal. Possibly an incredibly important goal. Barcelona's ace in the pack, he's come up trumps again.

For any other player, that'd be considered one of their career highlights, one of their greatest goals considering the technical brilliance of it and the importance of it. For Messi, it's just another goal, it's what Messi does, he makes the extraordinary almost mundane.

I was just writing something about this, now I have to change what I was talking about :mad:

Neymar to only have ten goals really shows just like Ronaldo with Bale how far he is away from coming close to Messi.
    Messi/Ronaldo have a poor season when they score 30 goals and maybe 15 assists
    When they are gone and the top scorer is back scoring 20 goals a season and 30 is something amazing everyone will realise just how much better than the rest they are

Neymar would probably be better at another club as he'd be the main man.As long as Messi is at Barca he'll never reach his full potential.

Neymar would probably be better at another club as he'd be the main man.As long as Messi is at Barca he'll never reach his full potential.

nonsense! If playing with the best player in the world and alongside and alongside the likes of Iniesta and Suarez isn't getting the best out of you, nothing will.

nonsense! If playing with the best player in the world and alongside and alongside the likes of Iniesta and Suarez isn't getting the best out of you, nothing will.

Look at how good he is for Brazil , he's the teams leader knows he's their best player it seems to bring out the best in him.I'd say he'd be even better at a club where he was the best player as he could do what he liked and know the whole team was being set up to get the best out of him.

Dont agree with that buddy, Ronaldo moved from United to Real and played with better players and became a better player because of this.
    If Neymar didnt play in the same time as these two players it would be "Wow"
    They are just on a different planet

• Advertisement

Dont agree with that buddy, Ronaldo moved from United to Real and played with better players and became a better player because of this.
    If Neymar didnt play in the same time as these two players it would be "Wow"
    They are just on a different planet

Difference is though Ronaldo is the main man at Real.

Imagine a whole team set up to get the best out of Neymar I'd say he'd be even better than he is right now.

Lots of players benefit from being the best player at a club rather than having to share the stage with someone else.

Advertisement