Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Konoplynka running Madrid ragged. Class performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wow, Sevilla decimating Real Madrid here. Undefeated streak over and deservedly so. Too many big players for Real Madrid failing to show up for the big game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No sign of the Ballon D'Or digging his team out of a hole. Pretty anonymous performance apart from a few, typical, hit and hope shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Konoplyanka has been sensational. Kyrchowiak been excellent as usual in midfield too despite NZonzi going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Ronaldo is finished. I didn't think his decline would be so steep.

• Advertisement

Ever since he won the Ballon D'Or in January his form has slumped.

Now whether it's physical problems related to his knees or a mental slump.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Nice goal by James.

I'm not gonna lie seeing Real Madrid forced into letting Sevilla pass it around them was very enjoyable to watch.

There's a lot of things to address there like Ronaldo putting in another no-show but the most jarring aspect was how Real Madrid played this game. Going from Barcelona to this the difference is poignant, the interplay between the Madrid forwards, the teamwork between them is basically nonexistent. Also nonexistent is the ease with which Sevilla were able to play out from the back, attack down the sides and allowed possession in midfield with no pressure on the ball at all while Real Madrid's front players just didn't care. This group of Real Madrid forwards are a group divided by ego and ignorance, a law unto themselves entirely separate from the rest of the team. Individually they are magnificent and can win any game with those qualities but the sum of the parts is absolutely not equal. This Real Madrid side is a big disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Inclined to agree, at least to an extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Didnt we hear people saying the same thing about Messi not so long ago .:confused:

Ronaldo is far from finished ,he will still score alot of goals .
    I doubt he is enjoying playing under Benitez ,he is a defensive coach .
    See him scribbling away like a maniac as Seville were banging in the goals tonight ,comical stuff.

Stat of the day
    Neymar and Suarez have scored all of Barcelonas last 17 goals .
    Maybe teams should start man marking them ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will we see Madrid cash in on Ronaldo in the summer and take a huge pile of cash off Man Utd?

I think it would be a great move for them, in fact if I search back in Boards I am sure I said I would have sold him this summer passed?

They need to cash in while there are still teams out there who will pay silly money for him. He ain't getting any younger, his injuries are going to start getting to the stage where they are harder to shift. I think Madrid have got the best out of him, its all a downhill slope from here on in.

Didnt we hear people saying the same thing about Messi not so long ago .:confused:

Ronaldo is far from finished ,he will still score alot of goals .
    I doubt he is enjoying playing under Benitez ,he is a defensive coach .
    See him scribbling away like a maniac as Seville were banging in the goals tonight ,comical stuff.

Stat of the day
    Neymar and Suarez have scored all of Barcelonas last 17 goals .
    Maybe teams should start man marking them ??

I'm not sure Messi was ever this bad. Another fun stat is that in the last 2 games Ronaldo has completed as many successful take-ons as the Barcelona goalkeeper....think about that for a second.
    He's a great goalscorer, I've no doubt he will continue to rack up goals but his influence on big games has been on the wane for a while now. His contribution outside of goals for Real Madrid has never been particularly huge and, as he's changed his game to focus more on goalscoring, has become less and less with each passing season. Anyone watching him play on a regular basis can see as clear as day that he's not on the same level as a Messi or Neymar either in terms of build up play, creating chances or just being a focal point of a team. He's one of the best goalscorers ever, no doubt, but Messi is one of the best goalscorers ever too and so much more. It's clear that Neymar also falls into that category of being more than just a goalscorer.

As Ronaldo's body is starting to decline and Real Madrid shift the focus of their team more and more towards Bale over Ronaldo you can see plain as day that he simply doesn't have the attributes to turn it around ala Messi last season.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Will we see Madrid cash in on Ronaldo in the summer and take a huge pile of cash off Man Utd?

I think it would be a great move for them, in fact if I search back in Boards I am sure I said I would have sold him this summer passed?

They need to cash in while there are still teams out there who will pay silly money for him. He ain't getting any younger, his injuries are going to start getting to the stage where they are harder to shift. I think Madrid have got the best out of him, its all a downhill slope from here on in.

Lot's of talk about PSG in the summer.

I'd expect him to end up at PSG eventually. That's where the money is and that's where he's hinting at moving to. If Madrid get €100 million for him from Paris then the Ronaldo deal will surely go down as the greatest football transfer ever, and they might get that or at least close to it with PSG's crazy spending coupled with their overwhelming desire to sign a Ronaldo or Messi figure.

He's a great goalscorer, I've no doubt he will continue to rack up goals but his influence on big games has been on the wane for a while now. His contribution outside of goals for Real Madrid has never been particularly huge and, as he's changed his game to focus more on goalscoring, has become less and less with each passing season. Anyone watching him play on a regular basis can see as clear as day that he's not on the same level as a Messi or Neymar either in terms of build up play, creating chances or just being a focal point of a team. He's one of the best goalscorers ever, no doubt, but Messi is one of the best goalscorers ever too and so much more.

It's clear that Neymar also falls into that category of being more than just a goalscorer.

I've said it before that Ronaldo is just like Hugo Sanchez was when he was at Real. Phenomenal goalscorer but that is it.

But some people on here were outraged at that comparison as if I was comparing Ronaldo to Franny Jeffers or Stuart Barlow! Rather than one of the greatest goalscorers in Real, and La Liga, history.

I've said it before that Ronaldo is just like Hugo Sanchez was when he was at Real. Phenomenal goalscorer but that is it.

But some people on here were outraged at that comparison as if I was comparing Ronaldo to Franny Jeffers or Stuart Barlow! Rather than one of the greatest goalscorers in Real, and La Liga, history.

I compared him to Gerd Muller and some people were having none of that. Those are people without perspective and I truly believe those are people who probably haven't watched Ronaldo regularly since he's been at Man Utd and don't realise this is an entirely different player to the one that plied his trade in England.

I'm not sure Messi was ever this bad. Another fun stat is that in the last 2 games Ronaldo has completed as many successful take-ons as the Barcelona goalkeeper....think about that for a second.

I'd say alot of that is down to his knees and tendonitis.
    As someone who suffered from that I know how it robs you of the ability to accelerate quickly and beat a man .
    I think that's a big reason in why he has adapted and changed his game as you correctly describe over the last few years.
    He also has other players like Bale,Marcelo,and before that Di Maria to do the running for him ,he is playing more up front now
    I'm not sure Messi was ever this bad.

13 goals this season for Ron and 42 in 2015,that's not that bad though .
    His old team mate who captains Man Utd and cant hit a barn door ,now he is bad .

I'd say that Ronaldo would love to come back to the EPL again though. He could still look good there for another few years.

I too can see PSG being his destination though. A lot sexier than Manchester, and would suit his image/ego better.

I'd expect him to end up at PSG eventually. That's where the money is and that's where he's hinting at moving to. If Madrid get €100 million for him from Paris then the Ronaldo deal will surely go down as the greatest football transfer ever, and they might get that or at least close to it with PSG's crazy spending coupled with their overwhelming desire to sign a Ronaldo or Messi figure.

100m is alot of money for a 31 year old though.
    The previous record for a player over 30 was the great Batistuta from Fiorentina to Roma for £23m,way back in 2000.

I'm sure PSG could shatter that 15 year old record ,and a player of such a huge profile like Ronando would be a huge boost for the PSG brand around the world.
    I dont think Ronaldo wants to leave Real though ,he has repeatedly said he wants to stay ,even finish his career there .
    The PSG talk is possibly a ploy to get a new contract ,his existing one has 3 years left.
    Only last month Ronaldo said
    My dream is to retire at Real Madrid. If you take care of yourself you can play until you are 40.
    I want to keep going for another five or six years. I feel good and useful in Madrid and I want to win here.

His game doesn't rely on pace as much now as it used to so him getting older shouldnt really affect his goalscoring to a large degree,so he should be able to play at the top for another 4-5 years.

Anyway ,this new documentary about Ronaldo looks very interesting.
    Directed by Anthony Wonke and executive-produced by Asif Kapadia, who directed Senna and Amy, documentaries depicting the lives and deaths of Brazilian racing driver Ayrton Senna and English singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse respectively, Ronaldo was shot over the course of 14 months with the film-makers gaining access to Ronaldo's private life and inner circle of friends, family and team-mates.
    Its released in cinemas and on bluray/dvd today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Just came across this article last night.

Sounds a bit crazy but it seems no Barca player has ever won the La Liga player of the month award.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/barcelona/11986837/Revealed-No-Barcelona-player-has-ever-won-a-La-Liga-player-of-the-month-award.html

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »

Sounds a bit crazy but it seems no Barca player has ever won the La Liga player of the month award.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/barcelona/11986837/Revealed-No-Barcelona-player-has-ever-won-a-La-Liga-player-of-the-month-award.html

Ye we've gone through this before but it does crop back up on the media every once in a while. It's the result of competing in a league that is biased run by a biased, hate-filled governing body.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

G1032 wrote: »

They've only been running it the last 2 seasons but crazy all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Ye we've gone through this before but it does crop back up on the media every once in a while. It's the result of competing in a league that is biased run by a biased, hate-filled governing body.

Mourihno has never won the Managr of The Month Award in England despite winning 3 league titles.

They're just mikcey mouse awards and maybe a Barcelona player hasn't won it because they are winning the league so often that the panel feel they don't need to award their players a consolation prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

What's this about "bias" with the player of the month award?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

What's this about "bias" with the player of the month award?

Oh didnt you hear Barcelona are the football equivalent of a Mom&Pops deli taking on all the evil corporations that are out to get them. They have to get by on whatever they produce and never ever spend money like all the other delis. And the regulators all hate them and never give them any help at all while always supporting their competitors.

When in reality Mom&Pops are Walmart and some people just fail to recognise the truth.

I compared him to Gerd Muller and some people were having none of that. Those are people without perspective and I truly believe those are people who probably haven't watched Ronaldo regularly since he's been at Man Utd and don't realise this is an entirely different player to the one that plied his trade in England.

The Ronaldo of the last 8/9 months is in stark contrast to that which has spent most of his time at Real Madrid. I'd like to think that what we are seeing now doesn't blacken what for 2 consecutive years the footballing world agreed was at the time the best player in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

CSF wrote: »
    The Ronaldo of the last 8/9 months is in stark contrast to that which has spent most of his time at Real Madrid. I'd like to think that what we are seeing now doesn't blacken what for 2 consecutive years the footballing world agreed was at the time the best player in the world.

The footballing world all agreed on something? :)

Poking the bear with that statement! ;)

symbolic wrote: »
    The footballing world all agreed on something? :)

Never. Hence the need for votes on almost matters in this world.

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    Oh didnt you hear Barcelona are the football equivalent of a Mom&Pops deli taking on all the evil corporations that are out to get them. They have to get by on whatever they produce and never ever spend money like all the other delis. And the regulators all hate them and never give them any help at all while always supporting their competitors.

When in reality Mom&Pops are Walmart and some people just fail to recognise the truth.

I prefer to think of it more like the Calciopoli scandal or even the Lance Armstrong scandal. To most people it is obvious, the examples of manifold and numerous, the accusations from important names have been leaking out more and more in recent times and I have no doubt that, like the Italian football scandal or the Armstrong scandal, when history looks back at this those you who doubted it will say "how did I not put it together then" but I have no doubt that it will eventually come to be viewed like that. This is a biased league, that serves too many political agendas and unfortunately this is a weak Barcelona board. Make no mistake, the odds are stacked against all teams except one.

I won't re-start that debate again, we've had it before so there isn't a need to do that again when clearly it had no positive effect.

All I'll say is that the Ronaldo of Real Madrid was different to the Ronaldo of Man Utd almost from his first season in Spain. The reality is that he's never been a particularly outstanding player outside of his goalscoring, which absolutely is outstanding to the point that he is without a doubt one of the greatest goalscorers ever, ala Gerd Muller or, as mentioned here already, Hugo Sanchez. Claiming that his overall game has ever been Messi level is laughable.

Unfortunately for him this season we are seeing his limitations coupled with a declining body. Benitez has a system that perhaps isn't built solely for the purpose of Ronaldo's goalscoring exploits, Bale has a greater role than any player besides Ronaldo has had before in Ronald's time at Real Madrid and Ronaldo hasn't reacted well. At the end of the day Ronaldo is all about goals, and has been for a long time, and if the goals aren't flowing then there really isn't much else to his game. As he's gotten older and the goals have become more important, the other aspects of his game have been sacrificed further and further to the point now where they don't even exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Never. Hence the need for votes on almost matters in this world.

You lied to us!!

IMO... Messi is the best. I didn't agree to voting meaning I changed my opinion...!

I prefer to think of it more like the Calciopoli scandal or even the Lance Armstrong scandal. To most people it is obvious, the examples of manifold and numerous, the accusations from important names have been leaking out more and more in recent times and I have no doubt that, like the Italian football scandal or the Armstrong scandal, when history looks back at this those you who doubted it will say "how did I not put it together then" but I have no doubt that it will eventually come to be viewed like that. This is a biased league, that serves too many political agendas and unfortunately this is a weak Barcelona board. Make no mistake, the odds are stacked against all teams except one.

When are you going to give us some evidence of all this? You constantly claim the whole of Spain is against Barca and its this massive scandal that nobody speaks about. If this was remotely true then they would not have won 7 league titles and 3 Copa Del Reys in the past decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Catalan independence could be on the way.

I'm sure Barca are delighted at the prospect of playing the likes of Espanyol, Nastic and Gerona week in, week out in a few year's time, they won't need to worry about the rigged Spanish system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Catalan independence could be on the way.

I'm sure Barca are delighted at the prospect of playing the likes of Espanyol, Nastic and Gerona week in, week out in a few year's time, they won't need to worry about the rigged Spanish system.

That won't happen. La Liga needs Barca. La Liga could easily survive without Barca but it's not the same product without them. Monaco play in the French league and I've no doubt that La Liga will allow an exception for the likes of Barca, Espanyol, Nastic etc

• Advertisement

When are you going to give us some evidence of all this? You constantly claim the whole of Spain is against Barca and its this massive scandal that nobody speaks about. If this was remotely true then they would not have won 7 league titles and 3 Copa Del Reys in the past decade.

It's building and building, much like the FIFA corruption scandal, these things take time and come in parts but it's happening all around you and you don't seem to realise it. Simeone saying it in public was a big deal, Pique insinuated exactly what we all know to be fact recently too and of course the linesman who was due to work the Clasico coming forward claiming that he was told to favour Real Madrid was massive. Some stuff, like Real Madrid avoiding a transfer ban despite committing the same "crimes" as Barcelona you can probably put down to them wielding far more political force and having a much more powerful board than Barcelona's current weak-willed board, rather than blaming it on a conspiracy against Barcelona but be in no doubt, as Catalan independence starts to draw closer expect FC Barcelona to be targeted, the club has long been a rallying point for Catalan independence and is an obvious high profile target for those wishing to ward off Catalan independence and also a target for the frustrations of those who would wish for Spain to remain as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

glued wrote: »
    That won't happen. La Liga needs Barca. La Liga could easily survive without Barca but it's not the same product without them. Monaco play in the French league and I've no doubt that La Liga will allow an exception for the likes of Barca, Espanyol, Nastic etc
    I think you underestimate how much Catalunya is hated by the rest of Spain, which is odd because Barca is the second biggest team in the country, even among people who don't want to see Catalunya become independent.

Madrid and the non-separatist parts of Spain are like the abuser in an abusive relationship, constantly insulting Catalunya, constantly putting it down, saying it'll never amount to anything. Look at the booing of Pique, the alleged bias, people here (in Spain, I mean) are constantly bitching about Catalans. There is a real vindictiveness towards them in other parts of Spain. Then when the abused partner threatens to up and leave, it's more threats, etc. Spain would have no problem cutting off it's nose just to spite it's face when it comes to the Catalans, sadly.

The problem now is how will Barca react if Catalunya does actually become independent. Working within the Spanish system, it's fine to say they're being threatened and that it's unfair but if they have the chance to leave, will they take it?

La Liga can survive without Barca, the money will be spread out and teams like Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia and Athletic could really build something. At first, Madrid would dominate, it's true, but only 18 months ago Atleti beat the two big teams to the title so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that one of the other teams could consistently challenge Madrid, especially with Barca out of the picture.

But what about Barca? A Catalan league and being a big fish in a small bowl?Catalunya has seven and a half million inhabitants. It's a bit of a stretch to say it's too small to support it's own league when all the other countries except Liechtenstein have one. At first, Barca would do well in Europe but once the TV money dries up and the other Catalan qualifiers for European competitions don't do as well as their Spanish counterparts thus affecting the Catalan coefficient, it'll become more difficult for any Catalan team to compete.

So do Barca, a club steeped in Catalan tradition, a symbol of Catalan pride and self-determination, double-back and say "Wait a minute, Spain, we hate you and you hate us, but we need your money if we want to be a global force so can we be let back in but just for football?". How do they sell that to their fans?

Then there's the alleged FIFA stipulation that an association must have a national league to have a national team, Lichtenstein being the only exception I can think of. Do Catalunya forfeit their national team just so Barca can stay at the top of the game? Or do they push for recognition of the Catalan national side and force Barca into a small bowl?

If Catalunya becomes independent, Barca will have to make a big decision: Go back on what they've represented for decades and grab the money or stick to their principles which they champion at every turn and face a much more uncertain future? Are they really "more than a club"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Excellent analysis.

I tip my hat to you sir.

Guardiola has been on record saying la liga needs Barca. To a certain extent it does. But Barca need a big league more than la liga needs it. Thing is the the French league seems somewhat open to the consideration. Were Barca to join that would be huge for both parties and another way for Catalans to stick it to the alleged oppressors.

Wales have a national team but Swansea play in the premier league so it's not impossible for the Catalans to have both.

There is NO WAY that Barca will leave La Liga. No way.

All the nonsense about being Catalan and hating Spain won't bring in the cash.

There is NO WAY that Barca will leave La Liga. No way.

All the nonsense about being Catalan and hating Spain won't bring in the cash.

No, definitely not. But it's not outside the realms of possibility (bear in mind I don't actually think it will happen) that there may be dark forces at play within Spain itself who may want to remove Barcelona as a middle finger to Catalonia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

La liga could definitely survive and recover without Barcelona, it would be a blow and the league would be forever weakened after losing 7 million odd of the population but its still feasible to have a sustainable top league.

Barca on the other hand would be crippled by a Catalunya only league.

Sky ,from next season,have won the rights to show the 3pm Premier league matches that Setanta currently have .
    So they will be able to show 3pm matches in Ireland.

Perhaps they could show 3pm La Liga matches in Ireland too instead of the nonsense that currently prevails.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Barca should leave or be removed if the election goes the way people seem to expect it will.

From a Barcelona perspective the 'mes que un club' motto should prevail, and they should leave Spain as many of their fans had been protesting for them to do.

From a Spanish federation perspective, the Catalonians can't have it both ways. Logically you don't decide you don't want to be part of the country anymore but you do as long as that country has a strong football league for you to play in. There'll be a new Catalonian national league I imagine to go with their new Catalonian team full of Barca players and Barcelona and Espanyol should play in it.

Really, the only reason this won't happen is because of hypocritical business/commercial interests from both parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The more I think about it, the more I think that Barca should leave or be removed if the election goes the way people seem to expect it will.

From a Barcelona perspective the 'mes que un club' motto should prevail, and they should leave Spain as many of their fans had been protesting for them to do.

From a Spanish federation perspective, the Catalonians can't have it both ways. Logically you don't decide you don't want to be part of the country anymore but you do as long as that country has a strong football league for you to play in. There'll be a new Catalonian national league I imagine to go with their new Catalonian team full of Barca players and Barcelona and Espanyol should play in it.

Really, the only reason this won't happen is because of hypocritical business/commercial interests from both parties.

Which is really the only thing that matters in the sport these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Antoine Griezmann said his sister was at the concert last night, needless to say he posted this on twitter to express his deep felt relief and thanks than she was alright.

My stomach is doing summersaults already and it's still quite some time until the champions of Spain and Europe take to the field at the Bernabeu. What a day this shall be with so many sub plots all supporting one gloriously tense, dramatic and epic plot that is El Clasico.

The romanticm of this game is that you can look at it from so many perspectives. It is the two best teams in Spain battling it out to get an edge in the title race, it's a chance to view two of the three best teams in the world play each other, it's the conservative, right wing leaning CastilIan politics of Madrid against the freedom and creative cultural hub that is Catalonia, it is Franco's team trying to hold down the rebel from a foreign land, it's Ronaldo versus Messi, it is the face of all that is evil in football colliding with the forces of good.

From a Barcelona perspective it's almost a strange day in that I think once Messi went down with that injury vs Las Palmas, everybody thought Real Madrid would be entering this game with a commanding lead but it's not worked out that way and in the absence of Messi it is Neymar who had stepped to the forefront which has resulted in Barcelona having a 3 point lead already, meaning even a loss today isn't the end of the world. That being said everyone desperately wants to win.

This used to be Ronaldo vs Messi but today the two best players in the world will be playing for the same team, Neymar enters the Clasico no longer as pretender to the throne or prince in waiting, he has experienced what it is to be Messi and he has thrived, however the real thing is back today. In the space of the last couple of weeks he has gone from running to shooting to scoring in a practise game, today he will look to dominate yet another Clasico as only he can, simply put, the king is back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Until the end of this post I thought you were talking about Barca drugging their players.

Until the end of this post I thought you were talking about Barca drugging their players.

Please provide concrete evidence. Also do you really think that if (a monumentally massive if) Barcelona were drugging their players that Real Madrid and practically every top team in Europe aren't? That's very naive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Please provide concrete evidence. Also do you really think that if (a monumentally massive if) Barcelona were drugging their players that Real Madrid and practically every top team in Europe aren't? That's very naive.

Please provide concrete evidence that the entire world are out to get poor little Barcelona.

Please provide concrete evidence that the entire world are out to get poor little Barcelona.

Please direct your enquires to a linesman who states that he was told to favour Madrid and also to some high profile people in the Liga, also that you act so shocked that this could happen is a dead giveaway of someone who doesn't know their Liga history.

• Advertisement
Advertisement