Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Plenty of magnifying glasses out for Real matches this season. A poor or bad refereeing decision in another match is a scandal/biased decision in a Real match. I can remember at least 3 or 4 offside goals that were given incorrectly against Real this season, zero uproar there though. Every team gets poor decisions, the sad thing is that EVERY one that Real get is down to some sort of bias.

4-1 now. Fully deserving winners tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Cruise, 4-1, just the pont needed against malaga who have 2 draws and 4 wins in previous 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Corholio wrote: »
    Plenty of magnifying glasses out for Real matches this season. A poor or bad refereeing decision in another match is a scandal/biased decision in a Real match. I can remember at least 3 or 4 offside goals that were given incorrectly against Real this season, zero uproar there though. Every team gets poor decisions, the sad thing is that EVERY one that Real get is down to some sort of bias.

I can kind of agree the thing is even for me when you account for officiating decisions that erroneously went against Madrid, the amount of key decisions in their favour this season is somewhat abnormal. It can and does happen naturally in this sport especially when a side is a dominant and structured as they are. But as I said a few weeks ago if the frequency of these issues continues into next season then skepticism is not without its merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's not really though.

Any match I have watched them in this season they have benefited from an abnormal amount of suspect refereeing decisions.

In saying that though I think they deserve to win the league ,Barcelona had sufficient opportunities to win it but they slipped up too many times against lower league opposition.
    Zidane has done a good job there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That last minute goal by Sergio Ramos in the first El Classico is going to be the goal that decides it.

But as said, Barcelona shouldn't be relying on 6 points from both games to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Malaga will get a €1m bonus add on if Real Madrid win the league, as part of the deal agreed when Isco moved to Real from Malaga in 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Malaga will get a ?1m bonus add on if Real Madrid win the league, as part of the deal agreed when Isco moved to Real from Malaga in 2013.

Thats interesting.......I suppose that is in most contracts these days, so hardly something that can be a source of complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

NIMAN wrote: »
    Thats interesting.......I suppose that is in most contracts these days, so hardly something that can be a source of complaint?

If I was Luis Enrique I'd have used this clause as an oppurunity and taken a press conference on Thursday,Friday and Saturday and slagged off Malaga and implied they didn't want to win etc etc to see if there was a chance it might provoke a response on the field from them.

If I was Luis Enrique I'd have used this clause as an oppurunity and taken a press conference on Thursday,Friday and Saturday and slagged off Malaga and implied they didn't want to win etc etc to see if there was a chance it might provoke a response on the field from them.

To some, it won't matter how Malaga play.
    Those who believe Real Madrid have every ref in their pocket can't lose. If Madrid win the game, sure it was all a fix, it always is.
    Irrelevant that Madrid are a vastly superior team and are playing well. Malaga will have lied down and let them win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Malaga are on a good run though.

In the past this would be a last round of games were anything could happen, like the days when Barca won the title on the very last days when Cruijff was still manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No way will Madrid not win tonight. But the bullsh1t "it's fixed" speel will be tiresome!

AIG currently writing a 10000 word thesis on the topic to have it ready at full time!

As others have noted Malaga are on a good run I just feel Madrid deserve this league and if they play to anywhere near their potential they should win tonight. That said, part of me wants there to be drama of some sort. Either Madrid losing and Barca winning when Sergio Ramos does what Ramos does or Madrid drawing, Barca drawing then Barca winning to a last gasp Pique daisy cutter. Preferably something even more exciting than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sure even a draw seals it for them, I guess anything is possible o many given day but I just don't see Madrid losing.

Reports in Spain are that Ernesto Valverde is to take charge of Barcelona next season.

Atletico have reached agreement with Lyon for Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And that's that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well it was fun while it lasted..........

What else is on the telly?

Freak.

Eibar! 0-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Johner wrote: »
    Eibar! 0-1.

If Eibar could win this, it would be the biggest win in their history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Got to admire what they are doing there in Eibar.
    Lucky to be reinstated after their 1st season in La Liga but 13th last year and now in 8th position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh my god that's probably Messi's worst miss ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That's all she wrote.

Champions!

Benzema you sly dog you.

That's amazing. Eibar gone two up after Messi missed a sitter (for him)!

Another ridiculous finish from Eibar's Japanese player.

• Advertisement

Barcelona pull one back but they didn't even put it in the bet themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Lol only Real get bad calls. That's a horrific penalty call. Justice

Messi missi a peno.

Neymar with a lovely dive.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Messi missi a peno.

The only thing Messi is crap at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Haha and now a dive for another. Will we hear anything about these two from the Barca babies on here? Pack of cheats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I want Barca to win the league but both of those penalty decisions were clear dives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The ref will be taking the pens for them next.

ebbsy wrote: »
    The ref will be taking the pens for them next.

Might have a better conversion rate than Messi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tranquilo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Insane run by Messi for his second. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Order has been restored. Like Lord Grantham being upstairs and the help downstairs. The elite remain elite. The true King, Juan Carlos will be a happy panda.

They always say the best team wins the league, and I think Madrid are worthy winners of La Liga this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Madrid were good for the title.

Time after time they looked like losing or drawing games and theyed drag themselves into better positions. Thats the sign of champions really.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Eibar were robbed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I want Juve to win the CL but Reals 18 man matchday squad is insanely talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was clear Peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It has to be straight up corruption in La Liga.
    The **** Barca and Real get away with is like nothing else in the sport.

You expect home teams to get an advantage. You expect bigger stadia to give an advantage. You expect big teams to get an advantage.

The form you expect to see that take is in marginal decisions.

The brazenness of the decisions that go their way is incredible and I don't see how you can credibly argue that it's down to incompetence. Not on that scale with that regularity and only to those two teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Gbear wrote: »
    It has to be straight up corruption in La Liga.
    The **** Barca and Real get away with is like nothing else in the sport.

You expect home teams to get an advantage. You expect bigger stadia to give an advantage. You expect big teams to get an advantage.

The form you expect to see that take is in marginal decisions.

The brazenness of the decisions that go their way is incredible and I don't see how you can credibly argue that it's down to incompetence. Not on that scale with that regularity and only to those two teams.

Pffft, people were saying the same about Italian football 15+ years ago, and sure didn't that turn out to be a big old nothing at the end of it all?

Madrid thoroughly deserved this title. Such an excellent squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yes I know he manages Madrid, but Zidane deserves a lot of credit for what he has done there.

A Champions League, first league title in 5 years, and another Champions League final to come.

He has only been in charge for 16 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Paully D wrote: »
    Yes I know he manages Madrid, but Zidane deserves a lot of credit for what he has done there.

A Champions League, first league title in 5 years, and another Champions League final to come.

He has only been in charge for 16 months!

All a club like Madrid needs is a big name and someone to keep the players happy.It's been proven with the likes of Madrid, Barcelona,Bayern, clubs that have continual success and unlimited resources that pretty much run themselves and the manager is just another cog in the wheel and is easily replaceable.Nobody would have claimed that Luis Enrique was a great manager before he got the Barca job but he won the treble straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

To be fair to Zidane he made somewhat unpopular decisions at times tactically but that mostly bore fruit. Bringing in and giving Casemiro a central important role has been a big factor, especially against the bigger teams.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    To be fair to Zidane he made somewhat unpopular decisions at times tactically but that mostly bore fruit. Bringing in and giving Casemiro a central important role has been a big factor, especially against the bigger teams.

Similar to the role that Makelele played when Zidane was at Real.

Interesting that when Makelele was allowed leave the summer Beckham arrived, Zidane said the following:

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?"

He's smart enough to see that for all their attacking talent, they needed the enforcer in midfield that allows you create the platform to unleash that attack they have.

Enter Casemiro.

Advertisement