Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can family member lodge SW cheque into my account?

Options
  • 14-08-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

My brother is due a fairly large lump sum cheque from the social welfare for disablement benefit. He doesn't have a bank account himself so he was asking would he be able to lodge it into my BOI account? That is provided it's not crossed etc. As far as I know, cheques issued by the social welfare are uncrossed and from BOI. If this isn't possible, what will his options be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

eektastic wrote: »
    My brother is due a fairly large lump sum cheque from the social welfare for disablement benefit. He doesn't have a bank account himself so he was asking would he be able to lodge it into my BOI account? That is provided it's not crossed etc. As far as I know, cheques issued by the social welfare are uncrossed and from BOI. If this isn't possible, what will his options be?
    Hi eektastic,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If the Cheque your brother receives is crossed then this must be lodged to a bank account in his own name. As your brother has no bank account he can ask the Social Welfare if they have any alternative way of making this payment to him.

Your brother can also open a bank account. See here for information on opening a Current account with Bank of Ireland.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement