Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement / RAS

Options
  • 14-08-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm looking for advice!! I'm due my second baby tomorrow and I'm living in a v small 2 bed apartment.. Its up two flights of stairs and no garden so really need to try get a bigger ground floor place..
    I've been trying a long time now and am sick of getting refused for rent supplement or the ras scheme..extremely hard to find a landlord who will accept..
    Does anyone know if I was to find a house elsewhere, like Dublin, would I be able to get rent supplement or ras there? (I'm currently on Kildare list)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if your struggling in kildare your going to struggle more in dublin, go further out, perhaps meath or some of the cheaper parts of kildare like athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 becky1993

Yeah I'm just wondering what the situation would be if I found somewhere in a different county..like with regards to rent supplement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

becky1993 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm just wondering what the situation would be if I found somewhere in a different county..like with regards to rent supplement

i think you start again at the bottom of the housing list but should be able to apply anyway, no idea what the rules are for acceptance from council to council.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Dublin is about the worse place to go for ra,
    very few landlords take ra tenants,
    i think the limit is 950euro per month for a woman with 2 kids.
    Hard to find a house for rent in dublin under 1000 per month.
    Get advice from threshold or crosscare.
    www.threshold.ie

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html
    every county has different ra rates ,
    look on daft.ie rent.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Why dont you take a county like roscommon . Lots of houses for rent . Call up ever property that suits you and as what the landlord would except. Lots of villages would have houses hard to let long term but would still have all the services schools etc that you need. Landlords want reliable long term tenants. .. prove you can be that and you will be well on your way

• Advertisement
Advertisement