Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash for gold/pawn shops

Options
  • 14-08-2015 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm trying to help a family memeber who has lost her engagement ring. I heard before that when one goes missing the first place you should check is cash for gold or pawn shops, anyone know where there are any of these in Cork? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The first place I'd go is the Garda station to report the loss, and then the insurance company. Does she have house insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

if a cash for gold place is after buying the ring, they are hardly going to let you know, as you would be entitled to it back and they would suffer a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

There isn't many of them left in Cork anyway.. There is one up where the Fish wife is. Tis a pawn shop Cash Converters think they are about the only place left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Milly33 wrote: »
    There isn't many of them left in Cork anyway.. There is one up where the Fish wife is. Tis a pawn shop Cash Converters think they are about the only place left

Cheers I went in there today. They had a large selection of engagement rings for sale but it wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

pants there may be a few second hand shops around the coal quay too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Murt10 wrote: »
    if a cash for gold place is after buying the ring, they are hardly going to let you know, as you would be entitled to it back and they would suffer a loss.

I suppose what I meant was cash convertors type shops, anywhere that sells 2nd hand jewellery

Advertisement