Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 battery

• 14-08-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

I've been given a gift of an iPhone 5 but the battery only lasts about 4 hours, any idea of the best place online to buy a new one? I will replace it myself

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any Ebay seller. You can’t get genuine new Apple batteries; they are all selling the same thing: either used genuine batteries or Chinese knockoffs. I think I ordered from an Irish seller last time: tech-zone. The first one they sent had worse battery life than my old battery, but the second one was fine. It’s a lucky dip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any Ebay seller. You can’t get genuine new Apple batteries; they are all selling the same thing: either used genuine batteries or Chinese knockoffs. I think I ordered from an Irish seller last time: tech-zone. The first one they sent had worse battery life than my old battery, but the second one was fine. It’s a lucky dip.

OK thanks - I am completely new to iOS.

Am I right in saying newer versions cannot be unlocked without the NAC from the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

OK thanks - I am completely new to iOS.

Am I right in saying newer versions cannot be unlocked without the NAC from the network?

Iphones don't use codes, they are done through iTunes servers but yes it has to be done through the network or else there is sellers on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Have a look here re the battery

https://www.apple.com/ie/support/iphone5-battery/

Advertisement