Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance. Roof barge

• 14-08-2015 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,
    Would anyone have an idea would I be able to claim on my home insurance for a concrete barge that has slipped down by about 6 inches at the back end of the roof on my house.

It seems to have come detached at the top pitch of the roof and slipped down over the wall block. Obviously It is dangerous with kids outside so I have sectioned it off but before I ring my home insurance company I would like an idea if I would get it covered.

I doubt if storm etc had anything to do with it.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes you should be covered but likely the excess might be €300-500 for the claim, so it might work out cheaper to pay someone yourself than to involve a claim and lose your no claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DOC40

Yes you should be covered but likely the excess might be €300-500 for the claim, so it might work out cheaper to pay someone yourself than to involve a claim and lose your no claims.

Thanks for that. I'am wondering though if I did go on insurance how can I tell them what happened it because I always thought to claim there has to be a reason like fire,storm,frost etc.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

You have to prove an insured peril in order to claim, such as a storm, fire, impact, accidental damage etc. You haven't said what caused it to slip. Could be just a maintenance issue and therefore excluded. The onus is on you to prove the cause

Advertisement