Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Coconut

Options
  • 14-08-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I want to make coconut yogurt for my daughter that can't tolerate dairy. I have seen a recipie on YouTube but it requires Young coconut flesh. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that in Ireland's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm not sure where you're based but in most of the Asian markets in Dublin that cater to people from Thailand/looking for Thai ingredients you can buy young coconuts

YoungCoconut.jpg

If you are in Dublin you'll definitely get them in the Asia Market on Drury St and in the Oriental Emporium on Jervis street. And possibly while coconut water is the height of fashion in a few green grocers around the place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

Thank you. I went only but their websites possibly aren't updated. I'll have to go in and see

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I saw lots of those just yesterday in the Oriental Emporium on Jervis St

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

They have them in any of the big supervalus ive been in recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

I saw it in Dunne's yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And possibly while coconut water is the height of fashion in a few green grocers around the place too.
    If I see another shared link on FB lecturing me on the miraculous health benefits of cooking with coconut I'll go postal!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jasnah

They also have it in Fallon and Byrne, if you live in Dublin.

Advertisement