Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental property taken over by bank.

Options
  • 15-08-2015 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭

Hi we have just received a number of letters.

1 where it states no further involvement from LL and to pay new management company appointed by bank.

2 we have now 42 days to vacate the property as they intend to sell.

We are renting nearly 2 years at this property and with all the fighting for properties we are having a very difficult time finding anywhere at all.
    We were pushed out of Dublin with crippling rents and now find it is as bad now as it was in Dublin 2 years ago.

The property along with a few others are up for sale but there is a tax clause and management of the grounds problems.

The houses can not be sols at the moment due to planning.

Tax insentive scheme or similar over 17 years ago where they were designed to be very short term lets(holiday homes).

We were talking with original estate agent we let through and he wad surprised the bank was pushing us out so quick as he said the properties are in limbo at the moment.

Rents are through the roof and with both of us commuting to work its costing a fortune only now to be made worse by having to find a new place for a hell of a lot more.

Any ideas appreciated or info I may not be aware of.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

where it states no further involvement from LL and to pay new management company appointed by bank.
    Check if the bank has your deposit, as I doubt you'll be getting it off the landlord as it's no longer his house (although if he's sound, you may).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

the_syco wrote: »
    Check if the bank has your deposit, as I doubt you'll be getting it off the landlord as it's no longer his house (although if he's sound, you may).

We have been given their word(management company) we will get it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We have been given their word(management company) we will get it straight away.
    Do they have the deposit, or where will they be getting it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If they want them out for a sale then they will fund it from the bank's resources rather than waiting for the tenant to overhold for 18 months without paying. I would expect to receive it at the point of handing back the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

the prtb documents state the notice to terminate must come from the landlord.
    I'd raise a dispute with the prtb straight away. This should buy you time, if nothing else.

I'd pay the new management agent in person. In cash, and video the transaction, havig videoed the management agents id( passport/driving license) and confirmed with the secretary of the management company that the person in front of you, is the person the secretary of the company can id.
    I'd arrange to meet at a time you're fairly sure the management company would be closed, so they can't id the person in front of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes they have it so they say. They got it back from the original management company.

the prtb documents state the notice to terminate must come from the landlord.
    I'd raise a dispute with the prtb straight away. This should buy you time, if nothing else.

Fairly sure when a bank takes over they can pretty much do as they please in relation to kicking out current tenants. They aren't subject to the normal rules like notice periods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Fairly sure when a bank takes over they can pretty much do as they please in relation to kicking out current tenants. They aren't subject to the normal rules like notice periods etc.

You're wrong. All the tenant rights are preserved.

Advertisement