Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise

• 15-08-2015 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

so much noise from the backgarden. - building adjoined from the back, having an all nighter it seems. its now 4 am and theres still a party and so much noise. Gotta work in the morning. should I call the cops? make a noise complaint?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

zogzilla wrote: »
    so much noise from the backgarden. - building adjoined from the back, having an all nighter it seems. its now 4 am and theres still a party and so much noise. Gotta work in the morning. should I call the cops? make a noise complaint?

If it's a once off then I wouldn't call the cops, if it becomes a more common thing then report it. Buy ear plugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Do call the cops - it's 4 am. What asses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

CaraMay wrote: »
    Do call the cops - it's 4 am. What asses!

Could make things worse, better to approach them directly and ask them nicely to be more careful in the future.

When you use the Police you immediately alienate yourself from your neighbors or potentially create more difficult to correct problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

redcup342 wrote: »
    Could make things worse, better to approach them directly and ask them nicely to be more careful in the future.

When you use the Police you immediately alienate yourself from your neighbors or potentially create more difficult to correct problems.

Completely agree with this. The noise levels may be unacceptable but its best to try to resolve it amicably first. If you call the police, they may figure out it's you and it may damage any relationship you have.

I know this sounds stupid, but they may not have realised just how loud they were and if you said it to them, they might realise and ensure it doesn't happen again. Now, they might be a-holes and not care but at least you'll have attempted to resolve it peacefully.

If it continues after talking to them or you can't find a way to talk to them, then make a noise complaint.

Advertisement