Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiser bins problem

Options
  • 15-08-2015 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Twice in the past month, my black (non recycling) bin hasnt been collected and ive had to shove it full to brim up a slope back to the house. The company isnt inclined to offer any explanation, just says we'll collect next fortnight amd no hassle if you've extra rubbish!. I said I should get a free month at the end of the current contract seeing as paying for something I didn't receive- plus the hassle of trying to store the extra rubbish for 2 extra weeks etc ,( and almost putting my back out shoving the full bin up a slope) but they just said they've no functionality on their system for this and not inclined to deal with it. . It's either a problem with the card om the bin not being read or the bin collectors not even coming into the estate!! There are only a handful of people on the estate with wiser. Anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Change to another operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Paid up for another 8 months I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

seefin wrote: »
    Twice in the past month, my black (non recycling) bin hasnt been collected and ive had to shove it full to brim up a slope back to the house. The company isnt inclined to offer any explanation, just says we'll collect next fortnight amd no hassle if you've extra rubbish!. I said I should get a free month at the end of the current contract seeing as paying for something I didn't receive- plus the hassle of trying to store the extra rubbish for 2 extra weeks etc ,( and almost putting my back out shoving the full bin up a slope) but they just said they've no functionality on their system for this and not inclined to deal with it. . It's either a problem with the card om the bin not being read or the bin collectors not even coming into the estate!! There are only a handful of people on the estate with wiser. Anyone else had this issue?

I'm surprised at that. We were with them for 18 months and found them brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This happened twice with country clean and with greenstar for me and on both occasions, someone from the company came along and collected the rubbish within a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Paid up for another 8 months I'm afraid

Surely they've broken the contract by failing to collect.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Seems like very bad service tbh, I use country clean and find them great, think it happened once and it was collected the next day and got credit on the account..

Did you pay by credit card?
    I'd be tempted to cancel and do a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

That's really annoying. We're with Wiser the last couple of years and haven't had this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

They are usually pretty decent with incidents like this. I think it happened to us once so I rang them and they sent out a few pre-paid tags that i could tag onto additional refuse bags that don't fit into the bin and they collected them all on the next collection day.

Ask for something like this and see how they respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Yeah been pretty happy with them til this. Ususlly only put rubbish out once a month so dont really need extra tags
    Ill see if collected from now on. Just wondered whether bin wasnt scanning or if they werent bothering coming into the estate and if others had similar issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Yeah been pretty happy with them til this. Ususlly only put rubbish out once a month so dont really need extra tags
    Ill see if collected from now on. Just wondered whether bin wasnt scanning or if they werent bothering coming into the estate and if others had similar issues

Is this why they didn't call mid-month this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jackinthebox5

have to agree re Wiser...they look for any reason not to collect a bin especially if you are situated at the end of a row of houses

they are a pretty poor operator IMO. COuntry clean are superior..as are greenstar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

have to agree re Wiser...they look for any reason not to collect a bin especially if you are situated at the end of a row of houses

they are a pretty poor operator IMO. COuntry clean are superior..as are greenstar

Ha ha ,1st post, wonder are you in the waste:D business

Ive been with them for 12 years and have no complaints whatsoever with their service. Always collected on time every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Had you money in your account ?

Advertisement