Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools in Athenry.

Options
  • 15-08-2015 8:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how schools work in Athenry. I have a boy and a girl, both under 2 years. I've looked on websites but none of them explain the paths.

Would the boy start off in Scoil Croi Naofa for junior infants, senior infants and 1st class (and be in a mixed class with girls) ........and then start 2nd class in Athenry boys national school ?

Regarding the girl, would she start in Scoil Croi Naofa also for junior infants, senior infants and 1st class (and be in a mixed class with boys) And then what, does she stay in this school as it caters for 2nd class onwards for girls only ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Thats correct. Your boy will start in same school as your girl in mixed classes up to first class and then they split with your girl continuing in this school to 6th class. The boy will go to the boy's school from 2nd class to 6th class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

aido76 wrote: »
    Thats correct. Your boy will start in same school as your girl in mixed classes up to first class and then they split with your girl continuing in this school to 6th class. The boy will go to the boy's school from 2nd class to 6th class.

Aido. Thanks a million for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Any comment on my other thread about Gort na ri ?

Advertisement