Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Premier League's "yes, there are other teams playing this weekend" thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bloody hell Sunderland are dire..

Nobody gave Leicester a chance of the league this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good peno.

Ireland is a class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Spurs imploded?

Ireland came on and started linking up with Affelay and Arnautovic to dominate proceedings, typical Spurs though to give up the lead without a fight.

Had a treble looking good until spurs fcuked it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone watching the West Ham game. They are complaining about the red card saying it was a joke. He kicked him in the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the West Ham game. They are complaining about the red card saying it was a joke. He kicked him in the chest.

I haven't seen it - but apparently he going for the ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'd say anyone that lumped big money on Rodgers being the first manager to get the bullet are getting a bit nervous about Advocat.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Great thread.. Like a breath of fresh air reading a thread about football on this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know we're only 2 games in but Newcastle and Sunderland look early candidates for relegation especially Sunderland, I saw them last week and they were a shambles at the back fans leaving before the hour mark aswell does not look good

Advocaat must be kicking himself for deciding to go back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know we're only 2 games in but Newcastle and Sunderland look early candidates for relegation especially Sunderland, I saw them last week and they were a shambles at the back fans leaving before the hour mark aswell does not look good

Newcastle will do enough to stay up a lá Villa the last two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I haven't seen it - but apparently he going for the ball?
    Isn't that what every player says? I've never heard a player (well, except one) say that he went to get the man, not the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

In truth, I'd think that Southampton are in bigger danger than us. They've sold all their best players and are really paying for it.

Ok, we're not exactly great ourselves but I think we'll do enough. Sunderland on the other hand.... Well, early signs are not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The league is shaping up well so far, two games in and it already looks like it'll be a decent relegation battle. The mid table teams will hopefully take more points than usual from the top 4

Edit re Spurs, they really need a proper ball winner in the midfield, they're way too nice

Very pleased that Leicester have kicked off well (despite my prediction they would go down with Watford and Norwich) - Pearson was great for them but Ranieri has hit the ground running and good luck to him.

I think Southampton will be fine myself - they weren't great today but it will take some time for the rebuild to take effect - although that Targett young lad looked a bit lost at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Few teams need some serious work before the window closes. You'd presume Man United and Man City will spend before then, but Spurs, Newcastle, Everton (despite their win) and Sunderland all need some players too.

Spurs surprised me - their squad is weak and pretty thin. Some top players in the starting XI but a few positions have nothing. The fact that Eric Dier, a defender, is starting in the centre of the midfield with Nabil Bentaleb is shocking for a team with top 4 ambitions. Eriksen, Kane and Chadli are all good but there is nothing in the line of cover there.

blueser wrote: »
    Isn't that what every player says? I've never heard a player (well, except one) say that he went to get the man, not the ball.

Just saw it now - in his defense I would say that he's watching the ball come from behind, over his shoulder - I doubt he knew the player was there untill the last minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Just saw it now - in his defense I would say that he's watching the ball come from behind, over his shoulder - I doubt he knew the player was there untill the last minute

Bilic (surprisingly) diplomatic too, seemed to accept it.

Thought it was harsh myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

jesus, that everton gear is mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is anyone else seeing swastika's all over the pitch in that design? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can someone ring David Cameron and get him to pass emergency legislation to allow the RAF to shoot down any planes towing banners near football grounds please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Can someone ring David Cameron and get him to pass emergency legislation to allow the RAF to shoot down any planes towing banners near football grounds please.

why do they have to ring him?

3-2 Arsenal.

Think Palace will get a draw here - Arsenal notoriusly bad starters in the last few seasons and Palace seem to be a different animal under Pardew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Caught up on the Watford game there, and whilst they didn't win, it was very, very pleasing. They are playing like an established PL team at the minute. I really think we could be away from the trouble, but it's very important that we get that first win ASAP.

Watford had 64% possession of the ball, and they had 16 shots to WBA's 6. Very encouraging.

Advertisement