Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictacast for Chromecast

Options
  • 15-08-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I can't find a single result for "Pictacast" on Boards.ie.

"PictaCast is a new Chrome App that lets you seamlessly send a slideshow of photos stored on your hard drive to your big screen television using Chromecast." (you can also have your chosen soundtrack in the background)

I want to have particular photos showing on the tv while specific music tracks are playing. Pictacast came up as a recommended app. If there's a smarter way of achieving the same end, I'd be interested.

Is Pictacast working properly for anybody? The available online help is sparse, and not answering my issues. My connection is UPC and it's fine. I'm using the paid Pictacast app, rather that the Trial version.

1) Despite choosing my photo folders, very many photos appear on the screen which match album covers for songs in my computer's music folder. How can I get rid of these?

2) The quality of the photos on the TV screen this way is quite poor and blurry. They also often do not fit into it properly, even when 'Full Screen' is chosen along with 'Auto Fit' in the 'Mode' setting. When 'Picture Wall' is chosen, they fit but are still surprisingly blurry despite the photos being much smaller.

3) Is it possible to link particular songs and/or singers with specific folders? For instance, Christmas music with photos from Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

OK. I got rid of the images from cd covers and the like by deleting all the photo albums from Pictacast and uploading them again but this time not clicking on the "Include photos from sub folders" option. The other problems remain, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Irfanview view is free image editing software which allows you to play music during slide shows. You intersperse the music between the photos in the show list and when it encounters a music track it plays that until it encounters another one.

If you are using a Chrome Book then I've no idea if it would work or not.

Advertisement