Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM Fault

Options
  • 15-08-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Last night we were woken up by TXT messages from our HKC Quantum70 with GSM-Q module with O2 sim.

At 4:22 AM we got a txt message :"15/8/2015 01:30:40 GSM Line Flt".The red and orange LEDs were flashing on the main panel, no sirens or buzzers. We unset the alarm and got another TXT: "15/8/2015 04:29:26 Unset U01" (or something similar) . I checked the GSM signal from the panel and it was 100%. Then checked the logs and saw:

GSM LineFlt Sat 15 Aug 01:30
    GSM LnFlt-OK Sat 15 Aug 04:23

I then turned the alarm back on to partset and went back to bed, no more problems.

The system was installed 3 or 4 months ago and we have never had a single problem or fault before. is this something to be concerned about?

Also it seems to me that the alarm would have been in alarm state (going by the red led flashing) from 1:30am until I unset it at 4:29am. If there was a break-in within this time would the external and internal sirens sound as the alarm was already in alarm state?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Looks like the GSM network was down for a period. The latest panel software doesn't generate an alarm if the network is down as far as u know.

The system will rearm after an activation so don't worry about a break in.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

Thanks fred. Ive had a look through the menus and I could disable the feature if I wanted to.

I have :
    Comms Menu > Communicators > GSM/GPRS Module > Options > Signal Monitor :
    Mon. Signal YES
    Fault Delay 30min
    Jam Detect YES

System Opts Menu > Arming Options :
    Line Flt Bell NO

In order to keep a close eye on the matter I have now changed a setting in "Audio/LCD Options", Ive changed "Line Flt Buz" from NO to YES. Am I right in saying that by doing this the keypad should give some kind of instant beep or buzz as soon as a Line fault appears and I wouldnt have to wait for a TXT when the signal comes back? Also; would it be instant or would it be tied to the 30min fault delay timer?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have you been onto your installer about this? He should sort this out as it's still under gaurentee.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

No, I havent contacted them. I think Ill wait a while and see haw it fairs out over the next few days. As you said It looks like the network was down for a while and if that was the case I don't think they could do anything about it. But if it reoccurs Ill phone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP if there had been a break in while your system was in fault mode, yes it would of course have sounded the external and internal sounders.

Also don't mess around with the programming of the system, that will surely invalidate any warranty you have with your installer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

If you turn off monitor signal this will prevent this happening, I had the exact same issue even changed networks and replaced the gsm q only way I had around it was to turn off the signal monitor, if your not happy to do this maybe talk to your installer about another comms path like a wifi card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

A wifi card is a compromise, routers have a habit of switching off during power cuts, alarm panels don't

Advertisement