Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a playground.

Options
  • 15-08-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Apologies if in the wrong place, had no idea where to post.
    Where I live there is room for a kiddies playground. The nearest one to us is over 2 miles away at the other end of the town. I would like to get some sort of group together and get one built in our locality, but have absolutely no idea where to start etc. if anyone has any advice, pointers on where to start looking etc, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Where I live there is room for a kiddies playground. The nearest one to us is over 2 miles away at the other end of the town. I would like to get some sort of group together and get one built in our locality, but have absolutely no idea where to start etc. if anyone has any advice, pointers on where to start looking etc, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks.

First off approach your council. They may provide a percentage of the cost but your community will have to raise at least 50% I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We have just managed this in our area.Approach your council.They may habe money in their budget, but you have to go in and ask.If you have money to put with it or detailed plans to raise money, that's even better.As far as I know, it's just through planning permission in our area....two schemes were given the ok.by the council, a runming track around a local park and a playground.To my knowledge, the town committee got together, put together a submission and though local councillors and general meeting and lobbying, they managed it.Fair play to people like you who are willing to do stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Thanks.

You might consider approaching your local community development organisation as they might be able to help with funding applications and planning

http://ildn.ie/about-irish-local-development-network/members

Advertisement