Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Tri

Options
  • 15-08-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Many on here doing this ?
    I only got a sprint entry but what can ye do.
    The bag looks decent that they are giving away but I'm not sure about the finishers shirt at 17.50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Many on here doing this ?
    I only got a sprint entry but what can ye do.
    The bag looks decent that they are giving away but I'm not sure about the finishers shirt at 17.50.

I'm in. Rather the bag than another finisher T shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I'm in too, I like that they have organised the racks in sections based on your club.

The bag looks nice alright and I was considering the Tshirt when I first saw it, looks nice but for €17.50? I was thinking I'd pay maybe 12-12.50 for it. Perhaps that is me being naive as to the cost.

Practiced the bike course the week before last and checked out the water for the swim, was looking lovely that day I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

didn't sign up but will be there to support you so good luck to all! :)

Sure you had your run in the park last week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,611 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Asked to do the sprint relay that Vodafone organise themselves.

The high vis cycling jacket last year was the right job. Hope they have the ice cream cones at the finish again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

The bag looks nice alright and I was considering the Tshirt when I first saw it, looks nice but for €17.50? I was thinking I'd pay maybe 12-12.50 for it. Perhaps that is me being naive as to the cost.

Na 17.50 is having a laugh.
    In saying that if I try the old I love that t-shirt but I've left my wallet at home trick with the wife she might get me it. Not holding my breath though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I'm in for the supersprint. Unfortunately I'm in the last wave so have a long wait from when transition closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

In the last wave of super sprint too, the goodie bag all round is looking to be pretty decent. But yeah €17.50 for the tee is way too high, I'm only doing my second ever Tri and wouldn't be tempted by that! Was in the same mind frame of around €12

Anyone know the story with the swim? All down stream or mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I'm in. Did this last year as my first Oly and the swim was horrendous. Was lumped into Wave 1 'to even the field out' so got battered
    Have worked at every discipline since so am back to face that demon, and kick him in the nads
    All goes well I might get a Vodafone tattoo
    (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Nanoc wrote: »

Anyone know the story with the swim? All down stream or mix?

Swim is first half upstream then back downstream passed the exit and back upstream a few meters to the exit. Probably one of the most enjoyable Tri swims I have ever done. Not too wide a river so hard to zig zag too much. Current isn't bad. Water wuality a lot higher than I imagined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I'm in. My first oly distance. Done 4 sprints to date. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 keithbrowne1

Im in for the Sprint also. Looking forward to it after the 70.3 madness. Would have preferred Olympic but it had sold out. Only negative is that wait after transition closes to final sprint wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Looks like quite a few of us in the last wave then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Olympic Wave 2; yay, no hanging about for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

cjt156 wrote: »
    Olympic Wave 2; yay, no hanging about for me!

Until you're waiting around for transition to open!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Until you're waiting around for transition to open!

No worries, my time will be used wisely lining up for ice creams and Erdinger! ...Added to my pathetically slow finishing time...:(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Theyll have erdinger? Ooooo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

TheBazman wrote: »
    Looks like quite a few of us in the last wave then

I'm in it too.

Third wave for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Wave 4 for me. Seems the run course this year is 3 laps instead of the usual 2, looks like it follows the supersprint run lap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Wave 5 for me. They must have taken my complaints about being dumped in Wave 1 last year seriously. Or I'm being punished. Either way, shouldn't be hard to find me bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Another wave 8 here. Hope the weather is kind to us while we wait to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

its all about wave 8

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Doing my first tri - Wave 6.
    Looking forward to it. My bike work has been lame so that is going to be fun.
    Apologies in advance if I get in your way, pass you out, slow you down!!!:)

Any suggestions from anyone here on the following?
    Couldn't do the athlone tri because of a family bereavement and have tried contacting them regarding getting entry transferred to next year with zero response. Tried email, FB, Twitter Machine and their online form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Not likely to get it after the fact id say. Have they got a refund policy?

Bambaata wrote: »
    Not likely to get it after the fact id say. Have they got a refund policy?

Nothing in the FAQ/website. I tried contacting them before the event also and nothing back. Given the cash being handed over you'd think responses would be a little more forthcoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 day walker101

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Doing my first tri - Wave 6.
    Looking forward to it. My bike work has been lame so that is going to be fun.
    Apologies in advance if I get in your way, pass you out, slow you down!!!:)

Any suggestions from anyone here on the following?
    Couldn't do the athlone tri because of a family bereavement and have tried contacting them regarding getting entry transferred to next year with zero response. Tried email, FB, Twitter Machine and their online form.

Dont waste your time with TriAthy, cash cow with no interest in athletes, this year evident more than ever. Good luck in your first race. Enjoy it.

Wave 4 for me on Sunday. :)

Dont waste your time with TriAthy, cash cow with no interest in athletes, this year evident more than ever. Good luck in your first race. Enjoy it.

Wave 4 for me on Sunday. :)

He was talking about tri athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 day walker101

Oryx wrote: »
    He was talking about tri athlone?

ah, my bad. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ah, my bad. :rolleyes:

thanks though DW. I heard about triAthy before hand but Triathlone is appeaering to be the same for me.

Weather is cat out there and sunday is supposed to be the same. nice and slippy on the furzy glen road for the bike.

Advertisement