Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Tri

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Was up all night puking from both ends...:o anyone else have aftereffects? It's either the Liffey or I'm boycotting a Wexford restaurant I ate in yesterday...

I'm the same :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

More than likely the food after it than the river I'd say. It's definitely not weil's disease anyway, that takes around 7 days to show it's symptoms. I feel great, best I have ever felt after any race, body is bit tired but that's more to do with few early mornings than the race. I didn't have any of the food provided after the race, any of you sick people have it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

In retrospect I felt a bit clammy the day before the DCT, so I guess racing/standing in the rain brought something to a head last night. Just curious about others reactions too, but I don't want to scaremonger about the water quality (which was tested and passed, and anything nasty like Weils wouldn't manifest symptoms so early).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I was sick Sunday/yesterday and i didnt do this race. I was putting it down to food poisoning but thinking it might not have been as herself wasn't feeling great yesterday either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Was up all night puking from both ends...:o anyone else have aftereffects? It's either the Liffey or I'm boycotting a Wexford restaurant I ate in yesterday...

I had this last year. Managed the drive to work on Monday morning, vomited over an air conditioning unit as soon as I got out and then the real fun started.
    Swiftcare said it wasn't Weil's (as noted above, too soon to present) but possible to have just picked up something less serious. Lost a lot of weight over the week but generally put it down to swimming slowly (not something you suffer from) in the bits of the river reserved for rats and this lad
    rialto-flasher-310x415.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I am lying in bed unable to get up. Stomach in ribbons. Came on during the night. Yes theres a bug going around but there are a lot of us dct people sick here! Id blame the chili rather than the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Oryx wrote: »
    I am lying in bed unable to get up. Stomach in ribbons. Came on during the night. Yes theres a bug going around but there are a lot of us dct people sick here! Id blame the chili rather than the water.

I had the vegi option not the chili. Watched them in the kitchen prep the chilli and they used all precautions as recommended, when I peaked in they had the thermometers in checking temperature.

I had the vegi option not the chili. Watched them in the kitchen prep the chilli and they used all precautions as recommended, when I peaked in they had the thermometers in checking temperature.
    Not the food then. :) but I have the same symptoms as you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Not the food then. :) but I have the same symptoms as you. :)

So do I. I was at a wedding over the weekend but I work near the Liffey. Could that be the connection?

Hoping its just a 24 hour something. Race on Saturday is in jeopardy otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I had the chilli, swam in the reeds, had some coke, a protein milk and a lovely pint of erdinger.

I feel F@CKING GREAT!!:D

...sorry!

I missed the erdinger. Thats it then. :)

Oh the Erdinger. Forgot about that. It was fantastic....

Oh the Erdinger. Forgot about that. It was fantastic....

So ye have a two day hangover?

tunney wrote: »

I am the Barry McGuigan of drinking. A real lightweight. Black forest gateaux takes years off me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

I caught a bug the day after Athy.. there could be something to it.. I have heard recently to drink coke after fresh water swims.. That's a lot of DCT people sick in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tommy_tucker

it was alcohol free so doubt you can blame the Erdinger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Bacteria in Loughrea usually hand me a sinus infection and often hear of upset tummys after swims sessions there. Lot of farm land around there and lots of slurry spread in the summer. Also after heavy rain Galway Bay was shut down due to ecoli in the water (no reflection on the boards user ;) ) again, surprise, surprise only a few weeks after slurry season.

Lots of parallels to be drawn. Freshwater, downstream, farmland, slurry, rain, sickness....

it was alcohol free so doubt you can blame the Erdinger

Ah then ye deserve it for drinking no alcoholic beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Something is in water alright, been sick for a week now since last OW swim and lost loads of weight, weight I didn't have to loose unfortunately. Blood tests should be back anyday now to find out what the heck it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tommy_tucker

Ah then ye deserve it for drinking no alcoholic beer
    its the same as going down on your sister......it tastes the same but you know its just not right :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

its the same as going down on your sister......it tastes the same but you know its just not right :p:p:p:p

EEEEWWWWWW!!!

Take your word for that.

AKW wrote: »
    EEEEWWWWWW!!!

Take your word for that.

They do things differently in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

A number of people in our club have been violently sick after Sundays race. Prob to be expected with all the rain and run off entering the river.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah people from the club who did the race in same position. The chill would not have you feeling like that - it's the water. I was out running in that rain and then standing around afterwards and I'm not sick (with my immune system that's really saying something!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

As someone who has had Weils disease...

Usually you will get ill a day or so after then start feeling fine. It then tales a couple of weeks to incubate in your body before you start getting symptoms. For me this started as a temperature, then a fever and then I was hallucinating.

It was only when the carabinieri turned up with a gun, and I thought I must have done something wrong, did I finally admit I was probably ill (I was in Italy and he was accompanying the doctor who had been fetched after I started talking nonsense). Antibiotics cleared it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Fine here - had the coke at the finish line, the protein milk and the chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

First thing I did and always do after this is a tin of coke. Apparently has to be a tin. Haven't done it in a few years but defo cleaner than in previous years. So far no reaction from it apart from sore legs but that was trying to keep up on the bike.

I didnt see any coke at the finish. I would have taken some!

• Advertisement

I didnt see any coke at the finish. I would have taken some!

Me too! I was looking for it

Advertisement