Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prep for solar in future

• 15-08-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Friend converting attic in a bungalow.
    Will be no clear access to rood should choice be made for solar water heating in future.
    I assume that his groundfloor hotpress would be the tank / pump/ control for future solar.
    It is not a straight run to roof, so no option of a large conduit.
    What run and type of pipe and insulation and control wiring would safely cover an installation in future?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Solar twinway pipe DN16 insulated with integral signal cable from position under the tiles to the control station area. No joints.
    Even lift tile and install the flashing on roof and cap the pipes there all on the out side. To install the collector you just need to move tiles and screw into rafters. If you need to install noggins then you are stuffed. You can get brackets made up to get a good fixing if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

OP: I presume your pal is focussing now on the clear and present danger of not doing the basics right in the attic conversion, with his focus on future maybes.

I presume he has read this "pamphlet"
    https://www.nsai.ie/S-R-54-2014-Code-of-Practice.aspx
    and also taken on board attic space solar gain and decrement delay, as well as airtightness and insulation.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement