Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orion 1.25" Premium Telescope Accessory Kit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hello folks.

I'm upgrading my eye-pieces and was wondering if anyone here has tried these Orion one's and if you think they hold up well ?.

Orion 1.25" Premium Telescope Accessory Kit...

http://www.telescope.com/Accessories/Telescope-Eyepieces/Orion-125-Premium-Telescope-Accessory-Kit/pc/-1/c/3/sc/47/p/8890.uts

Tasco 302012 D= 114mm F= 900mm

Thanks

Bong

That link is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

That's strange because it was grand earlier. I just checked it there now and its working ?. http://www.telescope.com/Accessories.../47/p/8890.uts

Edit: That website doesn't come up now for myself, very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The set you have mentioned are very much a basic standard set of astro eye pieces. Over the years I've seen the exact same set listed as Orion, Celestron and Meade and other brands too numerous to mention. This set of EP's are basically the first set of EP's that most people "splash out" on when it comes with upgrading their first scope. I bought an identical Celestron set myself about 10 years ago.

They should be an improvement of the basic Tasco EP's that you have already, but I can say for certain as I don't know what you currently use.

If the price is $179, its nothing really special, by the time they come from the US and you've factored in, exchange rate, carriage, duty and VAT, they'll be much the same price as the local Irish, UK and European interweb suppliers. I've seen them sell locally for in or around the €260/€270 range brand new, so no real saving over you're US supplier.

What I'd suggest is find out where you local Astro Club/Society meet up and talk to the members, you're almost guaranteed that someone will have a set of these EP's with them and try 'em out in your scope.
    If you're in Dublin the Irish Astro Society IAS, meet up at the Martello Tower, Sandymount car park, on the 1st Friday of the month.

Before you "pull the trigger" and buy, try and see if they actually do improve your scope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

That's great information thanks. I'll be asking around soon and will try out a few different eyepieces before I purchase anything.

Advertisement