Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert revision books!

• 15-08-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm starting 5th year two weeks from now and I'm wondering which are the best revision books to purchase for each subject. I won't be relying on them completely I just want them as a form of revision and to help make structured notes! The subjects I am doing are..
    Irish (H)
    French (H)
    English (H)
    Maths (H)
    Biology (H)
    History (H)
    Home Economics (H)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

The only ones I ever used were "Gléasnótaí Gaeilge" I really found the notes on the prós and poetry great, they really helped me make my own. I also used the "An Triail Cabhair agus Cúnamh" which is v.good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Agree with Glasnotai Gaeilge for Irish. I used the mocks.ie notes for English and Biology and both were great. The only thing was you have to print off all the notes. For maths I used Less Stress. Revise Wise is good too for biology!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

The only one I used was the Revise Wise History, and that was only for a few pages that had extra info. Found it better to make your own notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 2015LC1

Revise Wise (HL) was absolutely rubbish! The Irish was difficult wording and a higher standard than what is really needed for LC. I used it for about a day and gave it away. What I did instead was get notes from my books and I was given Revise Wise (OL) which has everything translated into English. I found the key to success in Irish was getting the basics right first and building on that. Ask your Irish teacher for revision notes as most get revision books free. I'm sure they could give you the loan of one so you can photocopy notes or you can decide if the book would suit you.

Advertisement