Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from PTSB to KBC?

• 15-08-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else thought about moving accounts to KBC from PTSB? Reason I'm thinking is I've just set up a regular saver with them @ 3%. I'll get 4% if I open a current account (for how long though who knows). I worked it out that even with the fees I'll be paying, I'll still make money thanks to their great deposit rates.

Then again PTSB are a true bank (i.e. I can lodge actual cash if I need to) and there are no fees for me atm. Then again the deposit rates are abysmal (1.4% currently). As for KBC, the rates are great (for how long) and the app is much better. Am I mad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I made the switch a few months ago and I'm delighted. PTSB are the most incompetent crowd I've ever had to deal with. Even the simplest of things took a visit to the branch and at least half an hour. They're completely unable to set up a term deposit without messing it up somehow.
    KBC are much better, they have an app that actually works, and I've never felt the need to call into a branch as they can actually sort things out quickly.
    When I did switch the current account, PTSB decided to cancel my online banking even though I still had deposits with them. It took a week to find out as the site kept telling me there was a temporary security issue and to try again the next day. Of course the couldn't fix it over the phone and I had to waste 45 minutes in the branhx getting it sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭fits

I set up a joint account with kbc and i am not happy with them at all. They seem to be unable to cope with the joint thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't know. For me the ptsb free fees is worth a lot more to me over the long term.

Personally I think stick with ptsb for the free fees and other investment options for your savings.

I've never had a bad experience with Ptsb and I think their online banking (which is my main method of banking) is spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

amdublin wrote: »
    I don't know. For me the ptsb free fees is worth a lot more to me over the long term.

Everyone should check their own circumstances. For me, the change from PTSB to KBC will save a lot of money in the long term.

Advertisement