Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Building Materials, Windows, Sanitary Fittings, Tiles, Granite, Kicthens

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eleni2015

hi all, I was looking to buy from Reuter-shop but was just wondering do the size of the bathroom/kitchen fittings suit Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭lownhard

Eleni2015 wrote: »
    hi all, I was looking to buy from Reuter-shop but was just wondering do the size of the bathroom/kitchen fittings suit Ireland?

Got first fix plumbing stuff from reuters (concealed mixers, wetroom drains, concealed cisterns) and was hassle free.

About to order all the rest from toilets to baths to showers to taps. 130 to ship a huge amount of stuff. Massive savings on the rip off that goes on here.

Put everything in a shopping basket and sit down with your plumber before ordering. I'm no plumber but I think most things can be adapated with connectors etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eleni2015

Thanks for the reply lownhard. That's good to know as the savings look to be huge. Good idea to go thru it with your plumber first. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

Has anyone bought lighting products from Poland ? they seem to be significantly cheaper there, but i need to find a company the ships to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I used megabad too a few years ago, as someone said, while the stuff on the aforementioned websites for bathroom stuff is not cheap, the equivalent in Ireland will frequently set you back up to 50% more. And their shipping rates are reasonable as long as you are buying a fair amount of stuff.

Someone recently recommended a builder from Northern Ireland. He also mentioned something about saving on VAT on some/all of the building materials. I don't remember quite what he said, and it was above board. Does that make sense to anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I used megabad too a few years ago, as someone said, while the stuff on the aforementioned websites for bathroom stuff is not cheap, the equivalent in Ireland will frequently set you back up to 50% more. And their shipping rates are reasonable as long as you are buying a fair amount of stuff.

Someone recently recommended a builder from Northern Ireland. He also mentioned something about saving on VAT on some/all of the building materials. I don't remember quite what he said, and it was above board. Does that make sense to anyone?

Advertisement