Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split - Dubrovnik

Options
  • 15-08-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello lovely people,
    We are arriving in Split from Brac Island on September 2nd and have to catch a flight from Dubrovnik airport at 12:00pm on 4th September.
    We don't have a car, private tours look expensive and day trips are more round trips than straight lines! What do people suggest as the best way to spend our days (and two nights) before we head home?
    Day trip from Split?
    Head to Mostar?
    Head to Dubrovnik and do day trips from there (we will have spent 2 nights there at the start of our holiday)
    I love all the insights and recommendations of people who have been to these places before and would really appreciate all your suggestions.
    Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mcgyvor

i would suggest cavtat v.near airport for last day nice small town with good beach/swimming can get boat to dubrovnik from there if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4 loosescrew1

Hi, I haven't actually been to these places yet but will be in the Crotia/Bosnia area in t-3 days so here is my rough itinerary. Perhaps you could get ideas from it.

I am in Split for 2 days with first day exploring split, climbing 'Marjan Hill' etc and on the 2nd day am going to try to do a day trip to Hvar (one of the islands). Hvar looks really cool but staying there is beyond my budget but perhaps that is an option for ye? I have heard really good things about Hvar. Also while I think of it, I think there is a ferry that goes between Split and Dubrovnik that stops in Hvar!

Perhaps another option would be Plitvice National Park. Again i haven't been here yet but damn does it look beautiful! Could be too far north though if you are leaving from Dubrovnik 2 days later

You mentioned Mostar so won't mention it again but there is a Monastery/spring called "Blagai Tekke" that isn't far from Mostar (~20mins on the local bus) that looks pretty cool if you happen to be in the area

Again you mentioned Dubrovnik so will not repeat it. I am not staying in Dubrovnik but instead staying in Trebinje which is about 35Km from Dubrovnik across the Bosnia border. Not touristy at all but perhaps an option for a day trip?

Sorry that I can't be more helpful and that I can't really give reviews for these places yet.

Hope ye enjoy yer trip whatever ye decide! :)

Advertisement