Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless

Options
2»

Comments

If people are saying she's missing I don't understand how when they are there for a few days Infont of the book centre ?

She went missing last year when she was nine months pregnant, she was found.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If people are saying she's missing I don't understand how when they are there for a few days Infont of the book centre ?

It was over nine months ago, and she was found.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Stheno wrote: »
    It was over nine months ago, and she was found.

Ah yes I saw the dates but not being on Facebook I wasn't sure if people thought she was still missing but I think I saw her story in a magazine a few weeks ago about why she was wanting to come back here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah yes I saw the dates but not being on Facebook I wasn't sure if people thought she was still missing but I think I saw her story in a magazine a few weeks ago about why she was wanting to come back here.

According to the post on fb, she's english, her partner is Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Her other 2 kids were forcibly taken off her as she was homeless in manchester, now she's pregnant and homeless in ireland... I don't understand why she didn't stay in England where she could get help from the government to rebuild her life and win her kids back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

According to the post on fb, she's english, her partner is Irish

Yes from Ashton in Tameside, I lived 3 miles away before moving here. But if it's the same person, as the magazine, I wish her and her partner all the luck in the world.but I'll say no more as I don't want to take the thread of track.

rawn wrote: »
    Her other 2 kids were forcibly taken off her as she was homeless in manchester, now she's pregnant and homeless in ireland... I don't understand why she didn't stay in England where she could get help from the government to rebuild her life and win her kids back?

Her current partner is Irish, maybe she thought they would be better off here?

however, I don't know/think it's right that she thinks she has an entitlement greater than others which is the vibe I get

And people don't have their children taken off them lightly either, does this lady have some sort of issue that needs treatment?

Her current partner is Irish, maybe she thought they would be better off here?

however, I don't know/think it's right that she thinks she has an entitlement greater than others which is the vibe I get

And people don't have their children taken off them lightly either, does this lady have some sort of issue that needs treatment?
    Simon community refused to help her. There is more to the story that we dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

The Facebook post had a lot of incorrect information. They are both English with no ties to ireland at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

There does seem to be more going on with this story and im sure lies and truths will be told but irrespective of all of that it is still a sad and unfortunate position to be in.

The homeless situation is at a level that is shameful this day and age. I know some people have messed up and put themselves in certain situations but they still deserve at least some help. Regarding that couple maybe the powers that be should help them back to Manchester and let them find their way there.

We must not let it get to a situation where people can come in from anywhere and get housing while our own citizens are left on the streets. I am not suggesting to reject people in need i am merely saying lets prioritise our own first then help who we can after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

People really need to be more responsible when having children and not just assume that someone else or the State will sort them out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm closing this thread as I think it's terrible to be talking about a private individual in such manor, perhaps some of you would like to put an effort into helping this individual or others instead gossiping like auld wans.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement