Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless credit cards

Options
  • 15-08-2015 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

So I noticed that the new credit card terms and conditions which apply from September now include reference to contactless payments.

Do you have an timeline for the rollout of such cards? Seeing as you've already updaed the terms and conditions and all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

So I noticed that the new credit card terms and conditions which apply from September now include reference to contactless payments.

Do you have an timeline for the rollout of such cards? Seeing as you've already updaed the terms and conditions and all
    Hi,

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]All credit cards issued by the bank after 19/09/2015 will be Contactless cards.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please see here for information on the MasterCard Migration.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Tara C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

What will be the timeline for issuing of new Mastercards?  Will it be on expiry of current Visa card, or on a more aggressive basis?  I ask because my current car is valid until early 2017 and I have a slew of travel planned for October 2015 with flights, hotels, carhire etc prebooked and need to know if I need to inform service providers of change in card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Redderneck, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Visa Credit Cards will be migrating to MasterCards on a phased basis beginning this September. The first phase will include all personal Visa Card holders. When your card is due to migrate you will receive a letter of notification which will detail the date your new card will be posted. Your existing card will still be valid for up to 30 days after the new card is issued. 

You will need to inform any company whom you have pre-booked with of your new card details upon receipt. Just to mention, if you have any subscriptions on your Visa Card you will also need to update your details with the merchants to ensure continuity of services. 

We hope this helps. 
    Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Thanks for the quick reply. So for a current MasterCard not nearing its expiry will contactless cards be issued automatically or do we have to request one, if we don't want to wait for the card to expire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Thanks for the quick reply. So for a current MasterCard not nearing its expiry will contactless cards be issued automatically or do we have to request one, if we don't want to wait for the card to expire?
    Hi who is this, 

Thanks for contacting us on here on Boards.

All credit cards issued after 19/09/2015 will have the contactless feature. For MasterCard's issued before this date, a replacement card will not be issued until the card has reached it's expiry date.

If you wish to upgrade to contactless before the renewal date, you can request a replacement card by calling our Credit Card Team on 1890251251 / 00353 56775 7303 and a representative will be more than happy to help. Our Credit Card Team are available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm Saturday and 10am - 5pm Sunday and Bank/Public Holidays.

You can find more information on our MasterCard Migration here

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
Advertisement