Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country Training Thread

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Sacksian wrote: »
    It's great to see how well the athletics competitions have been going, including the track & field stuff during the summer.

But hard to know what the rest of the winter will bring. I'm hopeful that, there'll be a decent chance of some sort of xc competition season, even it's after Christmas.

It will require level 2 to see any competition now unless AAI can lobby the government like GAA clearly have to allow non elite events take place in level 3 (club county championships in Dublin).

Or AAI could classify the National XC and National Indoors as elite and get clearance to hold them. I just don't see that happening though sadly. Far too much effort involved.

I remained positive throughout lockdown that we'd get a track season during the summer. I'm struggling to be as optimistic that we will see competition during winter. XC has a better chance than indoors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

For sure, I was thinking more after Christmas - I don't think there's really any prospect of indoor. However, as with senior t&f, I think AI will do everything they can to hold a National XC IF we're at a level that allows competition. But who knows what the situation will look like in a month's time...

I'd be more than happy with any one of Dublin Novice/Inter or Senior XC pre-Christmas but, obviously, all dependent on getting the numbers down. Happy to train through anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Aurelian

I did my first Novice a couple of months ago, having not really run previously. I've started to run regularly since but mostly just focused on putting in a bit of consistency and getting my legs used to running.

Is there a benefit in learning some technique around running or is that even a thing? As in one's gait etc. ? Totally ignorant around this so I don't even really know to ask beyond, where do you take it past running X kms or running x meter segments etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭joe35

Listening to a Clare hurler on Off The Ball last night. He was saying they had a running coach in with them a couple of times. Said he was amazed about what he learned with regards proper technique and proper running form.

So yes, proper form and technique are important, but in saying that there is no one size fits all.

Short fast sprints or short hill sprints are good for form.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

• Advertisement

Ladies Dublin Senior XC

Ladies Leinster Senior Cross Country 2021

Mens Leinster Senior Cross Country 2021

Chat with the great man himself.....

• Advertisement